George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet

+12
PigPen
melbert
LornaDoone
it's me
Picachu
Pita428
sparkie
NewFanForever
Joanna
theminis
premiere
Katiedot
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet - Page 2 Empty Re: The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet

Post by sparkie Thu 26 Jun 2014, 08:37

Nicky80 wrote:Well not so brilliant here....I had a stressfull day today and missed lunch and now I was so hungry that I ordered fries.... headbang  headbang  headbang   Sad  Sad  Sad
Don't be so hard on yourself  Smile
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet - Page 2 Empty Re: The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet

Post by amaretti Fri 27 Jun 2014, 05:19

I had a lovely refreshing drink . I muddled some fresh mint , added a packet of stevia , squeezed some fresh lemon and than added spring water and topped it with sparkling water . A diet cocktail .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 27 Jun 2014, 07:29

Sounds good Amaretti, Ive been drinking way more water than usual with a simple twist of lemon, so now back up to 6 glasses a day
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 27 Jun 2014, 07:43

I lost 1 kg which is around 2 pounds I think.....Very happy morning  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Sat 28 Jun 2014, 09:41

Help major problem, my darling niece is in the final stages of her cake decorating course so naturally we are getting offerings what do I do? Disown her, banish her or smile gratefully take what she offer and throw it away  confused
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 28 Jun 2014, 11:42

Tell her you went to the dentist because of some problems and now you are not allowed to eat anything with sugar for a while  Very Happy 

Or eat a piece and then walk an extra mile around the block later  Wink  

I think it is not bad if you eat it if you stay good the other days of the week. I for example decide that one day in a week I will eat everything what I want and the rest of the week I stay with my diet.....It will be easier for me..... So far it works for me....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 28 Jun 2014, 12:43

The problem with smiling, taking and throwing away is that if she makes something really awful and then asks you about it and you say it was great that would be a pickle.

I'd just be honest and say you are making an effort to lose weight to get healthier and although you support her you really would like to stay on your healthier eating course.

Just because she's baking away doesn't mean you have to partake and if you're honest you will be less likely to be caught in a lie later.

JMO
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 28 Jun 2014, 12:48

That's true if you stay honest it is much easier... But I must say sometimes you have family members and friends who don't understand when you diet or do healthy eating and think they need to comment on it in a funny way......I hate those moments..... Rolling Eyes 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 28 Jun 2014, 12:58

Well then for those family members who try to make fun of my efforts, I often use my most effective response: "Fuck off."  Works every time.

Of course they won't talk to you about anything else either but frankly, with some of my family, that becomes a blessing!  HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 28 Jun 2014, 13:01

LOL! 

I'm going now to the gym....see you later  Thumbs up! 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 28 Jun 2014, 13:34

LornaDoone wrote:Well then for those family members who try to make fun of my efforts, I often use my most effective response: "Fuck off."  Works every time.

Of course they won't talk to you about anything else either but frankly, with some of my family, that becomes a blessing!  HA!

Aah.....You've got it wrong there Lorna.

"ARGO......Fuck Off" !

is the correct term for a Clooney Fan/ Mod I believe !  Coolio 

Well Done on your stand for Well Being btw

Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 28 Jun 2014, 17:37

Eggs have been my go to snack .  Very Happy 

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 28 Jun 2014, 17:42

Ah Joanna, you are correct - forgot the "Argo" part.

Amaretti I often boil several eggs at a time and then have one or two at my mid-morning or mid-afternoon.  Sometimes I just eat the white part. 

I'll sprinkle some onion powder and some pepper on them.  Gives them some flavor without adding salt.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 28 Jun 2014, 18:09

Actually Lorna I think I got it wrong.....
Wasn't it....."ARGO fuck yourself" ?

A bit strong though for family members ??
 lol! 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 28 Jun 2014, 18:16

Either way I think they'll get the point!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 28 Jun 2014, 21:53

I lost 3 pounds and my blood sugar is a little better under control today.   Cheerleader go team!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 28 Jun 2014, 22:01

Coolio  you did better then me this week LOL Congrats Melbert. Whats your secret?

....I went to the gym today for 1,5 hours. So I hope that helped and I did eat very healthy today  Very Happy  Hope next week will be successful too
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 29 Jun 2014, 03:24

Nicky - here are the recipes I mentioned.  They were in a woman's magazine and they are supposed to be belly flattening smoothies.

Banana Almond Blast

1 large banana sliced and frozen (if you use fresh then add ice)

½ cup frozen diced peaches

½ cup almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla flavor almond milk)

¼ teaspoon almond extract

1 to 2 tablespoons hemp powder (I use the hemp seed powder)

In blender puree all ingredients.  If you add ice and it gets too thick either add more almond milk or cold water.  Serve immediately.

Note: the hemp powder will turn the color of the drink to a muddy-looking green.  If it’s not sweet enough for you add a little stevia.

Mixed Berry Melon

(I modified this to just use frozen blueberries and cranberry juice since I’m not good at picking ripe watermelon)

1 ½ cups frozen mixed berries

½ cup frozen diced watermelon

¾ cup chilled cranberry-raspberry juice

1 to 2 tablespoons hemp powder

I also add ice about 4 or 5 cubes

In a blender puree all ingredients until smooth.  Serve immediately.

Avocado Kiwi-Surprise

2 kiwis peeled and diced

½ ripe avocado peeled and pitted

½ cup chilled pineapple juice

1 to 2 tablespoons hemp powder

4 ice cubes

In a blender puree all ingredients until smooth.  Serve immediately.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 29 Jun 2014, 03:30

Mmmm the avocado pineapple smoothie sounds so good . Thanks much .  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 29 Jun 2014, 11:55

Thanks Lorna I love the Banana one...Need to try that once I got the hemp powder  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 30 Jun 2014, 17:06

@Pigpen I moved your recipe suggestion to the recipe thread below. Thanks   Wink  

http://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/t2712p250-recipe-sharing-food-talk
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 30 Jun 2014, 18:25

Thanks.  I was going crazy this morning trying to find it.  Too much Amal crap to sift through.  My brain went mushy.  Hey, maybe that could be part of the diet.  Every day you have to read every single posting about her... guaranteed to curtail your appetite  sarcasm  Yahooooo  Yahooooo

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 01 Jul 2014, 21:04

Tomorrow I get my hemp powder. Can't wait to try it out. I have to buy bananas tomorrow. Always thought bananas are not so good as they have lot' s of sugar....

Lorna, are you still happy with the shake? Do you feel like it is helping and most important does it make you feel full like you would have eaten something?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 02 Jul 2014, 20:06

I tried the banana shake with the hemp powder (without the peaches couldn't find it). It was great  Thumbs up! Will try it out now everyday and see how it goes.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 02 Jul 2014, 20:13

Nicky80 wrote:Tomorrow I get my hemp powder. Can't wait to try it out. I have to buy bananas tomorrow. Always thought bananas are not so good as they have lot' s of sugar....

Lorna, are you still happy with the shake? Do you feel like it is helping and most important does it make you feel full like you would have eaten something?

Yes I often have one for dinner and rarely feel the need to eat anything afterward. I think once I had a small piece of cheese around three hours after I drank the shake but that was all. And I don't wake up hungry either.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 03 Jul 2014, 00:40

Ive lost my mojo, finding it hard to eat very healthy whilst kids are on school holidays, well that's my excuse and Im sticking to it. Though I did make my own healthy muesli bars with honey to take along for snacks on our last outing but need to be better prepared.

Took the kids for a bike ride yesterday when we actually had some sunshine, they rode I ran, came home and collapsed.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 03 Jul 2014, 00:42

ps Lorna turns out the super food healthy powder I bought is not so super, Hubby who used to be a gym addict and health nut read all the ingredients and told me its way too high in sugar to be used every day - so off to the local today for your hemp powder, turns out they stock it. Yeah.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 03 Jul 2014, 06:46

Good to hear.  Yes, it is very important to look at sugar content.

If the shakes are not sweet enough use a little stevia.  Again, it is a sugar but it doesn't spike glucose like other sugars.

Use Reb-A type stevia.

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/stevia-affect-blood-sugar-7359.html
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 03 Jul 2014, 07:46

Thanks
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 04 Jul 2014, 16:43

I tried the Avocado Kiwi shake today. That was ok. But my favorite is the banana one  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 04 Jul 2014, 17:55

I also did a banana whey protein shake .  Very Happy 

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Sat 12 Jul 2014, 15:30

5 kilo's, do you know how hard this is in the middle of winter?
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 12 Jul 2014, 15:40

sparkie wrote:5 kilo's, do you know how hard this is in the middle of winter?
BRAVO!!!   The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet - Page 2 2Q==

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 12 Jul 2014, 16:20

WOW sparkie thats amazing.  Thumbs up!  I don't lose anything at the moment....What's your secret?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 12 Jul 2014, 22:30

Good on you Sparkie, and in the middle of winter, great achievement.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Sun 13 Jul 2014, 09:24

Nicky80 wrote:WOW sparkie thats amazing.  Thumbs up!  I don't lose anything at the moment....What's your secret?
Diabetic Diet...so so simple.
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 13 Jul 2014, 09:29

Interesting Sparkie, a family member of mine who found out they were Diabetic had to radically change their eating habits, in the process 4 months later, they lost 15 kilos and has never looked more healthy.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Sun 13 Jul 2014, 10:19

Yep it is a great way to diet.
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 13 Jul 2014, 19:49

Here's another diet cocktail . Brew a few dried hibiscus flowers and add fresh grated ginger . Add to tall glass , add some stevia ,squeeze some fresh lime , add ice and top with sparkling water .

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 13 Jul 2014, 20:04

Thanks  Thumbs up! amaretti
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 13 Jul 2014, 20:05

sparkie wrote:
Nicky80 wrote:WOW sparkie thats amazing.  Thumbs up!  I don't lose anything at the moment....What's your secret?
Diabetic Diet...so so simple.

What is a diabetic Diet? No sweets/sugar and that's it?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 13 Jul 2014, 20:21

Nicky, here is a good site with lots of links included.  The ADA has great information.

http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/planning-meals/diabetes-meal-plans-and-a-healthy-diet.html
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 13 Jul 2014, 20:31

Thanks Melbert will check out that side  Give Flowers
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 17 Jul 2014, 18:03

Lorna… thanks for belly flattening smoothies recipes. Too bad I like tasty food.. I know; work hard. Eat right. Exercise. Don't drink too much. And only buy what you can afford. It's not rocket science, is it? LOL
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Sun 27 Jul 2014, 04:42

7 Kilo's and I feel pretty because someone whistled at me today. I'm ready for my close up hehe
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Sun 27 Jul 2014, 04:52

Go Sparkie!
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Jul 2014, 10:44

sparkie wrote:7 Kilo's and I feel pretty because someone whistled at me today. I'm ready for my close up hehe

WOW that is amazing. I lost 2 Kilo's so far I do what you recommended with the "diabetic diet". Melberts link was very helpful  Very Happy  

But 7 Kilo's  Yahooooo  Yahooooo  Yahooooo  Yahooooo  Yahooooo    Woo hooo!

Hope the guy who whistled was nice looking  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Sun 27 Jul 2014, 11:58

I thought he was until he smiled, he was standing in a paddock with four horses and guess who had the better teeth  Laughing
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sun 27 Jul 2014, 16:36

Logging in to report a 2kg weight loss..pretty happy about that!

On the advice of experts...I cut out a lot of my cardio....just keeping with lots of incidential exercise and this seems to be working.

Apparently long workouts and too much cardio can sometimes work against you creating hunger and you can easily eat back what you have worked off!

Also tracking food,water and all exercise etc..

Good to read everyone is going well and look forward to positive updates! Woo hooo! 

Also not sure when the slimfest is ending but just reminding everyone its only 20 weeks till Christmas comes if you need some further inspiration!

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 27 Jul 2014, 17:32

The summer slim fest - join us as we go on a Clooney diet - Page 2 X-mas10
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next