George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
TCM -  George Clooney preps for his interview. EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
TCM -  George Clooney preps for his interview. EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
TCM -  George Clooney preps for his interview. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
TCM -  George Clooney preps for his interview. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
TCM -  George Clooney preps for his interview. EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
TCM -  George Clooney preps for his interview. EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
TCM -  George Clooney preps for his interview. EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
TCM -  George Clooney preps for his interview. EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
TCM -  George Clooney preps for his interview. EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

TCM - George Clooney preps for his interview.

+2
LornaDoone
Nicky80
6 posters

Go down

TCM -  George Clooney preps for his interview. Empty TCM - George Clooney preps for his interview.

Post by Nicky80 Sat 01 Feb 2014, 20:56

Just found this on twitter. Does this mean there will be an interview tonight in the US?

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 21:50; edited 1 time in total
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

TCM -  George Clooney preps for his interview. Empty Re: TCM - George Clooney preps for his interview.

Post by LornaDoone Sat 01 Feb 2014, 21:09

Looks like it but I won't be able to see it. I don't get TCM. Hopefully, some enterprising soul (or even TCM) will post it on their website.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

TCM -  George Clooney preps for his interview. Empty Re: TCM - George Clooney preps for his interview.

Post by melbert Sat 01 Feb 2014, 21:38

Thanks Nicky. Got my VCR set!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 01 Feb 2014, 21:49

Great Melbert, lucky you, tell us all about it when you watched it  Sofa bounce  

Yes Lorna, would be great if somebody will post the whole interview on the Website so we can watch it too.  Wink
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 01 Feb 2014, 23:20

Ah, so TCM (Ted Turner, media mogul's lot) own Entertainment Tonight.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 02 Feb 2014, 00:53

It's on in 7 minutes, so I'll be back after...

It's about the history of Oscar.  He was just on for about 5 seconds, so I assume he'll be scattered throughout the 2 hrs...

OK, I watched it.  Went way back and covered the 85 years of Oscar.  George was indeed scattered throughout and gave some commentary.  Not nearly enough, as far as I'm concerned.  But, if you're in to old Hollywood history, it's rather interesting.  George is definitely the gravy!

It doesn't look like it will be released online, however, there will be a DVD coming out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Updated: Jan 31, 2014 12:00:00 AM ET

85 Years of the Oscar: The Official History of the Academy Awards

Author: Robert Osborne

85 Years of the Oscar® (Abbeville Press), by TCM Host Robert Osborne, is the only official history of the Academy Awards® and an indispensable addition to any movie fan's library. For the film industry, the Academy Awards® is the most celebrated and significant night of the year. 85 Years of the Oscar® puts readers into those iconic plush seats for the thrill of the Academy Awards®, from the first show in 1928 to this year's 85th anniversary.

Organized by year, 85 Years of the Oscar® chronicles the ceremonies themselves, as well as the accomplishments, trends, developments and events that occurred, both within the Academy and for the film industry as a whole. All award nominees and winners are listed, with a special listing of Oscar® recordholders, and the book is lavishly illustrated with hundreds of photographs. Osborne, who served as a reporter and columnist for The Hollywood Reporter for over 25 years, comments on each year's most important films and shares the stories behind them. He also transports readers into the awards show, quoting from notable acceptance speeches and celebrity reactions, as well as regaling readers with anecdotes from each year.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 02 Feb 2014, 10:42

Thanks Melbert for the update. That's a different kind of interview I expected. 

I'm sure George has lot of Hollywood history knowledge and enjoyed talking about it    Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 02 Feb 2014, 11:06

Here are more information about what to expect on the DVD

And the Oscar Goes to ...': Academy Awards history with George Clooney, Tom Hanks

Everybody knows Oscar, but they may not know his whole story.

That background is explored when Turner Classic Movies launches its annual "31 Days of Oscar" festival - consisting of films that either have won or been nominated for Academy Awards - with a new documentary titled "And the Oscar Goes to ..."Saturday, Feb. 1. Rare footage is a highlight of the program, including clips from some of the earliest ceremonies to honor a year's achievements in cinema.

Expectedly since the program is on TCM, and also since he's a longtime documenter of Hollywood whose book "85 Years of the Oscar: The Official History of the Academy Awards" was published recently, main channel host Robert Osborne is among the interviewees.

"There's footage in this that people haven't seen for years, so it's going to be great fun for them, I think," Osborne, who was the official greeter of celebrities on the Oscar red carpet for several years, tells Zap2it. "It's also great that the Academy (of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which gives out the Oscars) is loosening up its archives to let us do that."

A likely reason is the partner TCM has been to the Academy in promoting the Oscars - combined with 2014 being the channel's 20th anniversary year, April 14 the actual anniversary date.

In keeping with the Academy Awards honoring talents from many different disciplines, "And the Oscar Goes to ..." also includes comments from people who have gotten a nomination or the award itself. Of course, actors are among them; Tom Hanks (who won for "Philadelphia"and "Forrest Gump"), George Clooney ("Syriana"), Cher ("Moonstruck") and Whoopi Goldberg ("Ghost") are featured.

So are director Steven Spielberg ("Schindler's List," "Saving Private Ryan"), editorKirk Baxter ("The Social Network"), production designer Jeannine Claudia Oppewall("L.A. Confidential"), makeup artist and Syfy "Face Off" judge Ve Neill ("Beetlejuice," "Mrs. Doubtfire"), and sound designer Ben Burtt ("Star Wars," "Raiders of the Lost Ark").

And in terms of rarely seen clips, try these: Jon Voight attending the ceremony with then-young daughter Angelina Jolie, who's asked by an interviewer, "Do you want to be an actress?"; John Wayne queried backstage about Marlon Brando's rejection of his Oscar for"The Godfather"; and Cher not being let off the hook by her co-presenter, legendary composer Henry Mancini, when she mangles the name of nominee (and eventual winner) Marvin Hamlisch.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 02 Feb 2014, 18:43

Thanks for all the up-dates I don't get that channel and cannot watch videos on this computer. xxx
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 02 Feb 2014, 22:03

I saw it last night, too (and its being rebroadcast tonight at 10 PM). It was interesting to see all the old stars and clips from the Oscar broadcasts. The clips of George are scattered throughout the earlier part of the show. Nothing new, but really nice to see.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down