George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash

2 posters

Go down

Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash Empty Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash

Post by Mazy Tue 14 Jan 2014, 22:01

Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
File photo: A Sudan Armed Forces troop looks at ammunition (Unamid)

NYALA

(14 Jan 2014.) -
A number of people in the El Salam camp for the displaced in South Darfur were injured in an attack by elements of the Sudanese army on Tuesday afternoon.

Sheikh of the camp in Nyala locality Mahjoub Adam Tabaldiya told Radio Dabanga that about ten members of the Sudanese Armed Forces attacked the market in the camp on 3.30pm. They had come from the direction of their headquarters, 1km west of the El Salam camp.

The army troops beat the displaced with rifle butts, slapped and kicked them. They wounded the people in various ways and injured two of them seriously.

Tabaldiya said that army elements have ordered shopkeepers to close their shops, and threatened them not to open the market. The camp's market had been closed since last Friday due to clashes between the army and government-backed militiamen, but was re-opened on Tuesday.

In these clashes, four Sudanese army troops and at least two camp residents were killed, and a large number of people were wounded. The militiamen stole one Land Cruises belonging to the army.

On 5 January, militiamen stormed El Salam camp in search of a vehicle they claimed was missing, and threatened to burn the camp down, but the vehicle was not found.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash Empty Re: Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash

Post by chiki Fri 17 Jan 2014, 07:52

poor people, after having fled from clashes, now attacked in the camps.
I don't know, are UN peacekeepers protecting the camps? or is South sudanese army?There was several attacks on them last days.

Thanks for all the links, I'll read them later. (finally, weekend!) Yesterday, HRW published a new report about South Sudan conflict, but I haven't read it yet.

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash Empty Re: Violence In South Darfur Camp Continues After Army-Militia Clash

Post by Mazy Fri 17 Jan 2014, 17:02

chiki wrote:poor people, after having fled from clashes, now attacked in the camps.
I don't know, are UN peacekeepers protecting the camps? or is South sudanese army?There was several attacks on them last days.

Thanks for all the links, I'll read them later. (finally, weekend!) Yesterday, HRW published a new report about South Sudan conflict, but I haven't read it yet.

I got the report and will read it in a bit thanks Chiki
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down