George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners

+16
Lighterside
Katiedot
LizzyNY
it's me
Pari
Boshkash
party animal - not!
Nicky80
melbert
Maggy
Butterfly
amuserato
LornaDoone
Carla97
playfuldeb
20 posters

Go down

Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners Empty Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners

Post by Katiedot Mon 13 Jan 2014, 11:25

Ok, I thought it was funny, but harsh. But funny.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at lothario Leonardo DiCaprio with crude vagina joke

- Hosts make Leonardo DiCaprio blush with embarrassment after eyebrow-raising joke
- Other jibes saw Amy play Tina's illegitimate adult son Randy and search for long-lost dad among audience
- Dig about Bradley Cooper by calling American Hustle 'Explosion At The Wig Factory'
- Made fun of Matt Damon by calling him 'a garbage man'
- Got revenge on Taylor Swift for dissing last year's hosting act

Their risque humour sees Tina Fey and Amy Poehler walk a tightrope between funny and rude. But the pair perhaps went a step too far at the Golden Globes on Sunday night when they brought The Wolf Of Wall Street winner Leonardo DiCaprio on stage with a eyebrow-raising introduction. Wearing wolfish grins, Tina and Amy said: 'And now, like a supermodel's vagina, let's all give a warm welcome to Leonardo DiCaprio.'

Leonardo has, of course, dated a stream of model beauties including Bar Refaeli, Gisele Bundchen and Erin Heatherton. His current squeeze is Victoria's Secret model Toni Garrn, 21. But as he made his entrance to the stage to guffaws of laughter from the audience, the actor's face showed his embarrassment. Blushing bright red, he then stumbled over his words as he tried to keep a straight face.

Reading the Best Actress in a Drama nominees from the Teleprompter, he misread Judi Dench's film Philomena as 'Philomania'. Despite his blushes Leonardo seemed amused by the joke - just one of many by the comedy duo.

At one point during the show, Leonardo was seen sitting at his table watching the show and smoking what appeared to be an electronic cigarette, looking relaxed between puffs.

There other jibes were not all as hair raising.

In one skit, Amy played dress up as Tina's son in mini-tuxedo and a hair flip while going around the audience insisting to know who 'his' father was. While co-presenting couple Kyra Sedgwick and Kevin were introducing their daughter Sosie as this year's Miss Golden Globe, Tina quickly interrupted the pair. 'In the name of gender equality, please welcome Mr Golden Globe, my adult son for a previous relationship, Randy,' she joked. Poehler came on in character as Randy, in an ill-fitting tuxedo.

'I don't want to do this. It's so stupid,' he/she said.'Kids,' Tina sighed.

Amy hit back, 'Right mom!' before standing next to movie industry mogul Harvey Weinstein and demanding, 'Is it him?!'

The usually caustic comediennes got off to a gentle start by keeping their jokes fun - and not mean-spirited.
Tina began the two-person comedy act by kindly digging into Bradley Cooper and saying, 'The original title of American Hustle was Explosion At The Wig Factory.'

The gals garnered a big laugh when they described Gravity as a film about George Clooney preferring to go to space and die, than spend the rest of his life with a ‘woman of his own age.’

Tina then compared Matthew McConaughey’s 45lb weight loss for The Dallas Buyers Club as ‘what actresses in Hollywood call preparing for a movie,’ which caused toothy Julia Roberts to break out in laughter. Amy then turned the attention to legendary director Martin Scorsese, who she revealed was nominated for the ‘tiniest man with the biggest pair of glasses.’

Amy directed attention Matt Damon's way when she quipped that the actor was 'basically a garbage person,' obviously referring to his character in Behind The Candelabra. Damon later presented an introduction to best picture nominee Captain Phillips and modestly added, 'It's me, the garbage man.' And they also hit a high note by joked about presenter Jonah Hill's racy behavior at pool parties.

Tina, in a red dress, and Amy, in a black one, eventually reappeared on stage while holding golden goblets.
'Well, well, well,' Tina said, regarding Veep star Julia Louis Dreyfus with feigned contempt. 'Look who slithered back to the TV section. Hi, Julia.'

They went on to give the next two presenters a warm welcome: 'Our next presenter knows a phony when he sees one, please welcome Jimmy Fallon and Melissa McCarthy.'

When the category for Best Actress In A Comedy came, nominee Amy was seen getting a nice massage from Bono - and then a passionate kiss from the U2 rocker when she won the award for Parks And Recreation. Tina hugged Amy and, in a dig to Taylor Swift, said: 'Congratulations, Amy Poehler. I love you and there's a special place in hell for you.'

As many will remember, Tina and Amy poked fun at the Red songstress during last year's Golden Globes telecast, and an unamused Swift responded by telling Vanity Fair: 'There's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women.'

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners Empty Re: Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners

Post by silly girl Mon 13 Jan 2014, 12:25

So true Katie....very funny --- everyone thought it was hysterical. I realize they didn't show Matt Damon....would have loved to see his reaction....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners Empty Re: Did Tina Fey and Amy Poehler go too far? Golden Globes hosts poke fun at winners

Post by playfuldeb Mon 13 Jan 2014, 15:19

Matt's reaction can be seen here, but I couldn't find a clip of Leonardo's reaction

playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 13 Jan 2014, 20:39

I saw or heard some of it tonight. TV on a background... yes funny, but also takes the glamour off completely.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 14 Jan 2014, 03:15

I wonder if that didn't burn George, just for a little bit. He must know his love life is a joke by now, surely?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 14 Jan 2014, 04:22

All based on the truth.

It's not like Leo doesn't realize he's mocked for his long stream of model girlfriends.

And the joke about George is pretty spot on and will continue to be as long as he continues to date women 20 years younger than he.

I thought the spot about Tina's son was hysterical when Amy went into the audience and first asked if Idris Elba was her father and then moved on to Harvey Weinstein and asked the same. Funny, funny stuff.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 14 Jan 2014, 06:03

Too funny . She really had the teenage boy demeanor down . I loved the Bono massage .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Tue 14 Jan 2014, 12:13

Agree. Very funny -- Love these ladies!
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 15 Jan 2014, 01:50

A previous year:

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 18 Jan 2014, 22:25

Haven´t seen it. Thanks playful.

Tonight this came up again... I was talking with a friend.

It doesn´t only make fun of him but those women also.

I could feel a bit offended in a way. I had a guy just resently asking me about my son´s father, how old is he?

I told him and he
well, I could see, lost some of his confidence for a couple of seconds...after realizing the person is older than his own father.  Very Happy 

Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat 18 Jan 2014, 22:38

I didn't see the Golden Globes, but if the text above is true, I think the joke on Leonardo di Caprio is very, very vulgar.  Shocked 
I think these two ladies embarrassed themselves with this joke, and not di Caprio.
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 18 Jan 2014, 22:57

On their defence, I don't think neither lady hates George.

Their jokes about G were made just to have fun. No mean intentions.

But, I do hope G shows Tina  Laughing 
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 18 Jan 2014, 22:59

It would be fun to see what he does, and Tina's reaction.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 18 Jan 2014, 23:18

The George joke was hilarious and true! The diCrapio joke, I agree, was vulgar and demeaning.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 00:02

playfuldeb wrote:Matt's reaction can be seen here, but I couldn't find a clip of Leonardo's reaction

You can see it here a bit. He was behind the stage and when he came up on stage he made thumps up at 1:15 min  Thumbs up! 

And here is the whole video when they started at the beginning the jokes about the other starts including george. That was indeed funny

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 19 Jan 2014, 00:20

Well, at least Our Hero's has said that he has no defence, and that it was a really good joke.......!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 19 Jan 2014, 00:22

Last year they did a good job, this year I think they went over board a bit.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 19 Jan 2014, 10:12

It´s just that how many times you want to laugh at the SAME joke?

A tillion times, perhaps?
(how much is a tillion? talking about fresh straight out of the printing machine, not frozen ones...)

Time for the new jokes alright.  Surprised 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 19 Jan 2014, 23:10

I thought the George joke was funny, though cringe worthy too - the Leo Dicaprio joke was straight from the gutter and should have stayed there.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 20 Jan 2014, 00:39

When Billy Bush asked George about the joke on Access Hollywood, he said "You've dated lots of women your own age" (or something to that effect). It made me wonder who he was talking about or if he meant when George was much younger. Maybe not everything makes it into the media.(And, NO, I don't think he has a secret wife stashed away somewhere!) I'm just curious about who Billy Bush meant.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 20 Jan 2014, 00:51

Yes, when George was younger, he did date some who were closer to his age at the time. However, the most recent ones have all been 17-19 years younger.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 20 Jan 2014, 02:11

I don't think he's dated anyone even close to his age in more than two decades. But Billy Bush has to make nice and play along with whatever image George wants to put out.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 20 Jan 2014, 02:43

You're right, but he did also say he had no defence, and that it was a good joke...the age gap-thing seems fairly prevalent: Alec, Baldwin, Johnny Depp, Bradley Cooper..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 20 Jan 2014, 02:58

I just hope whatever he does to retaliate goes public - he sounded just annoyed enough to guarantee that whatever prank he pulls on them will be a doozy!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Mon 20 Jan 2014, 04:30

The last three public "girlfriends" were huge age differences.   And all ended up in failed "relationships."

Yet, Carole Radziwill, Renee Zellwegger & who knows how many more privately in recent years were his age group. Lisa Snowden & Krista Allen prior to the last three public "girlfriends" were less than  10 years younger.
Not young enough to be his children.
I guess that's why some say that being with Clooney felt like he acted like a father.
And they all started dating men their own age again after the public "break-up."

So many respectable, balanced,  LONG LASTING relationships in Hollywood have been between age appropriate couples.
Like Tom Hanks, Daniel Day Lewis, Matt Damon, Jeff Bridges, Cate Blanchett, Meryl Streep, etc,

Not embarrassing spectacles, that's for sure.

It's like George Clooney has become a cliche bad joke in that respect.  Publicity that ridicules him.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Mon 20 Jan 2014, 05:40

No one but Canalis said that he was like a father figure, you don't understand, do you think that a woman in her 40s would date a man who is not serious and just having fun and would go nowhere in his relationshipa?? I don't think so..

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 20 Jan 2014, 06:32

Ocean wrote:....

Yet, Carole Radziwill, Renee Zellwegger & who knows how many more privately in recent years were his age group.

---

IF George is sad / angry / mad at the joke, then maybe it is for them... because the joke is more an insult for those whom he dates "privately" / his so-called "private life" as is being spoken... it is like he'd rather bolt out into space and die than BE SEEN WITH / ASSOCIATED WITH a woman around his age, for even a minute, before everyone...

The joke got famous because it does touch many layers... unfortunately...
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 20 Jan 2014, 06:38

Ocean wrote:...

So many respectable, balanced,  LONG LASTING relationships in Hollywood have been between age appropriate couples.
Like Tom Hanks, Daniel Day Lewis, Matt Damon, Jeff Bridges, Cate Blanchett, Meryl Streep, etc,

Not embarrassing spectacles, that's for sure.

For which, George / Team George most probably needs more grace from above... for courage to trust that such a relationship of love, before the public eye will NOT be a failure... most relationships happen not so much because of the faith of the partners in one another, but more because the partners trust that they CAN love one another beyond ANY failure...
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 20 Jan 2014, 06:41

I love you
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 20 Jan 2014, 07:01

Ocean wrote:...

Publicity that ridicules him.

WOW!! Smile

It is more the FEAR of being ridiculed publicly... a FEAR that George may feel for his near and dear ones... a FEAR that he may feel for his bloodline... his legacy... etc... Not caution, but FEAR!!

The point is... THAT FEAR!!  It could come from his past... yet unhealed... it could be just some dark smoke over the mirror of his life... but once George gets over it... clears the source, discards that smoke-pot... he will be FREE... OUT of his prison of fear...

A fear in the negative, is a dark force...  those who fan it, help increase the dark energy... BUT a fear of God / authority in the positive, is a force of light, of wisdom...

==============================

Also thanks It's me Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 20 Jan 2014, 11:03

the solution of such issues is about the reaction
ppl can talk
(and he also said ppl should be free to talk)
so it's up to you to set the weight of what ppl say

and to go on
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 20 Jan 2014, 11:29

I bet a million dollars that George himself doesn't give a flying you know what about peoples thought on who he dates, their ages, occupations etc. He picks them, he dates them, it ends, nothing more complex than that - the man likes what he likes.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 20 Jan 2014, 11:49

And, of course, this is a guy whom women adore, and are falling over themselves to get to........he can date the pick of the bunch.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 20 Jan 2014, 11:56

or the pick of the litter - woof woof...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 20 Jan 2014, 16:10

I think George did not get angry, but he tookit u as a friendly challenge to take revenge. Who can do that better than him.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 21 Jan 2014, 00:15

A friend reminded me yesterday of the old saying "What you don't know can't hurt you", but she said in this case it's more like "What you don't know can't hurt HIM!". She said he probably doesn't give a damn what people say as long as he can live his life the way he wants. She's probably right.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 Jan 2014, 02:26

If you're in the public eye you're always going to get ridiculed by somebody for something you do, that's just life. If it wasn't his love life, it'd be his politics. Expecting universal approval is ridiculous and George knows it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Tue 21 Jan 2014, 12:57

Whom among us has gone through life without some detractors? No one lives their life so perfectly that they receive no criticism ever...it isn't possible, since we're all individuals and each reacts to things differently.

It's impossible to live your life to everyone else's satisfaction...clearly never going to happen, so you might as well enjoy yourself!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 21 Jan 2014, 13:01

Lighterside, you make a good point - we only get one ride on this merry go round, so may as well make it a really really good ride - no regrets etc etc
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Tue 21 Jan 2014, 13:07

Exactly the minis! I used to turn myself inside out trying to please others and it got me no where, fast...so I started living my life differently and I'm infinitely happier! You can't please anyone else, if you can't please yourself.
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 21 Jan 2014, 13:19

I hear you Lighterside, I was pretty much the same, seeking approval, it mattered a lot, but wisdom (shock horror) age (even more shock horror) helped me realise that its better to listen to my own conscience and to trust myself more - still learning, I still fumble but hey that's life, isn't it.

Jeepers, as Im typing this after midnight, I forgot I left the window open and a gust of wind just came and blew the curtain in my face, almost peed myself - time for bed I think, safe under the covers!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Tue 21 Jan 2014, 13:22

Sleep well and sweet dreams! And yes, age brings wisdom with it, thank goodness! Or we'd all be in for a long haul...hahahahaha
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Tue 21 Jan 2014, 13:32

I know, luckily I still have a bit of wising up to do - otherwise it would be real dull around here...
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 21 Jan 2014, 18:47

Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom I just get real protective when it comes to George or anyone else that I love. My daughter once said Mom please don't love me so much, I wouldn't let that poor child out of my sight. xxx
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 21 Jan 2014, 19:44

Just saw Seth Myers on Access Hollywood Live...they talked about the joke he said he didn't write it but that Alex Baze one of the SNL head writers wrote the joke....so I guess GC should go after him.... Wink

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 21 Jan 2014, 20:22

Poke the bear . He he hee

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down