George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut

2 posters

Go down

The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut Empty The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut

Post by watching Mon 23 Dec 2013, 12:42

The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut
By: Scott Johnson on November 18, 2013

At one of his comic book convention appearances earlier this year, we recall Norman Reedus making reference to being up for a part in a science fiction movie with George Clooney. However, we hadn’t heard anything about it recently, so we had been wondering what movie it was and what eventually happened with it.

In a new interview with Vulture, Reedus reveals that the role was to play George Clooney’s dad in Tomorrowland and why he ultimately didn’t wind up taking the role.

“With Tomorrowland, there was an issue about cutting my hair. It’s a period film, and I would have played the father of George Clooney, but the haircut, the pictures they sent me, it looked like some sort of a hair croissant on the top of your head,” said Reedus. “And I was like, How am I going to pull that off? I have really long wild guy hair right now, and it just wouldn’t work.”

Now, it might sound unusual for an actor to pass on a potentially huge blockbuster movie over a haircut, but Reedus is involved in a hugely successful TV show, which is set during a zombie apocalypse. If filming for Tomorrowland and Walking Dead were relatively close together, it might be difficult to explain Daryl’s radical hairstyle change. Reedus makes it very clear in the interview that his primary commitment is to the Walking Dead.

Reedus said, “This show is my bread and butter, and it’s my heart. And I don’t want to just do a giant blockbuster that’s going to disappear. I want a film that means something, and then I’ll go back to my highly watched, super-popular television show. I’m not opposed to big-budget films, and there are certain directors that I absolutely love that do them — Guillermo [del Toro], David Fincher. But it’s a fine line. Maybe I’ll just do Portlandia! I could just walk around going, ‘Cacao! Cacao!’”

The Walking Dead airs on Sunday nights at 9 PM ET on AMC.

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut Empty Re: The Walking Dead’s Norman Reedus Turned Down George Clooney Blockbuster Over A Haircut

Post by Nicky80 Mon 23 Dec 2013, 17:18

Thanks watching still can;t believe he did that. But I do understand as I love my hair too  Razz 

By the way, this was already posted here on page 3:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down