George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage

+21
Dior
melbert
LizzyNY
lelacorb
isogotit
Joanna
Mazy
NotAvailable
playfuldeb
theminis
Butterfly
Carla97
Nicky80
LornaDoone
Lakin460
party animal - not!
What Would He Say
it's me
Katiedot
silly girl
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage Empty George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage

Post by silly girl Wed 04 Dec 2013, 12:40

I didn't know there was more to the story. I thought this was out already. These photos are nice.

From Daily Mail:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

'I am surprised that I'm single again': George Clooney talks bachelorhood as he admits he was 'never very good' at marriage
By SARAH BULL

He's back on the market after splitting from girlfriend Stacey Keibler earlier this year.
And despite having becoming famous for being one of Hollywood's hottest bachelors, George Clooney has admitted in a new interview that his singledom constantly surprises him.
The 52-year-old added to Esquire magazine that while he was once married - to actress Talia Balsam from 1989 to 1993 - he 'wasn't very good' at it.

Asked if he was surprised to be single again, George said: 'I am surprised, yeah. But I’m surprised by almost everything that’s happened in my life.
'I’m surprised I don’t live in Kentucky and sell insurance, too. I mean, I really am.'
And on why he's not married with a family yet, George replied: 'I haven’t had aspirations in that way, ever. I was married in 1989. I wasn’t very good at it.

'I was quoted as saying I’ll never get married again pretty much right after I got divorced and then I’ve never talked about it since.'
George also said that while some people might think it strange that he doesn't have any children, he doesn't feel any need to rush out and start a family.
He said: 'What do you do? Should I go, "I got to get me some kids right now!" and rush out and impregnate someone?

'Look, what I do know is that I was raised in a loving, happy family. I don’t have any dislike or distrust of that.'
Since his days on E.R., George's career has gone from strength to strength with his latest offering, Gravity, already being tipped for Oscar success.
But the silver haired fox said in the interview with Esquire that learning to deal with the fame that comes along with such a successful acting career is not easy.
He said: 'Not that I’m comparing myself to Clark Gable or whoever but they couldn’t survive in this environment. They’d punch the shit out of some people. It requires a kind of Zen quality. There’s a funny thing about fame.
'The truth is you run as fast as you can towards it because it’s everything you want. Not just the fame but what it represents, meaning work, meaning opportunity.
'And then you get there and it’s shocking how immediately you become enveloped in this world that is incredibly restricting.'
Check out the full George Clooney interview in the Esquire January issue - on sale Thursday 5 December. Also available as a digital edition.
For exclusive photos go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage Empty Re: George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage

Post by Katiedot Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:46

Thanks Silly Girl. I think this is a separate story, so I split it from the Esquire magazine article.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage Empty Re: George Clooney says he's "surprised" he's still single; says he was 'never very good' at marriage

Post by it's me Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:48

his singledom constantly surprises him

hmmm... what does it exactly means????
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:53

I think he's taking it as an overall thing; he's surprised by the way everything in his life has turned out, not just his private life. Anyway, until we read the whole interview, it's hard to guess the tone and context of this quote.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:11

He's back on the market after splitting from girlfriend Stacey Keibler earlier this year.
And despite having becoming famous for being one of Hollywood's hottest bachelors, George Clooney has admitted in a new interview that his singledom constantly surprises him.

Oh! does this mean that he is surprised he lost Ms Keibler ....... he is "constantly surprised" .... does that mean in a "I can't believe she HAS gone" kinda way.

She was elegant and a bit Grace Kelly-ish, and arm candy excellence...

And now all those pic's of her with "ready-made family....and dog" all cosied up ...it must hurt like hell..... Sad 
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:13

ps.

We've all been there .......

Tomorrow is another day ........as Scarlet would say..... Chin up
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 05 Dec 2013, 12:13

Exactly what I wondered, wwhs. They seemed to have a lot in common too

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 05 Dec 2013, 13:24

thanks, silly girl! appreciate your efforts to keep us all informed of the latest stuff. great article-ette.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 05 Dec 2013, 13:28

opened the dailymail link and noticed this comment at the end of the article by someone identiied as MiniLin from Boston. Never heard his marriage experience and its aftermath described this way and thought it was an interesting take on things:

In the past Mr. Clooney has voiced how his only marriage almost destroyed him. He felt drained after that experience and vowed never to repeat it. During his marriage he let himself go, gaining weight and did not take care of himself as a result of a very emotionally demanding experience. As a result he has developed a low threshold for emotional exchanges. Once a relationship reaches a certain level intensity he backs away for he instinctively does not wish to get scorched again. Some people, men and women alike, tend to exhaust their partners with emotional demands, difficult to realize at first, but in the end survival instinct kicks in.

Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 05 Dec 2013, 13:37

Interesting comment Lakin.  The sentence in the comment you posted:  Once a relationship reaches a certain level of intensity he backs away for he instinctively does not wish to get scorched again... could be a reason for his two year relationship pattern.

I think women get to a point in a relationship where there's an expectation of more commitment.  Pressure from family and friends and society at large (it's professed here constantly) that the next step in a relationship is the commitment of marriage.  And even if you DON'T want to marry, you will still get those demands, whether spoken or unspoken but shown each day by actions, and that might be the unconscious (or even deliberate) trigger for George to break off the relationship.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 05 Dec 2013, 13:42

I totally agree Lorna. I am not sure I agree that he and SK had a lot in common---it always seemed like a relationship of convenience. Although I am sure in the beginning he was all in. His fans always go back to Celine and say she was the love that got away...not sure I agree with that also. I think he got engaged to her because of the pressure you mention...notice he never did it again...it was a way to stave off the questions etc. I know a few people like that. They get pressure to get married so they get engaged. Then they never plan a wedding. Some eventually have broken up others are just perpetually engaged. No wedding in sight.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 05 Dec 2013, 14:36

Thanks SG for the article. Can't wait to read the full interview to understand how he meant it. Maybe he said it as a joke.

As Katiedot wrote:

Anyway, until we read the whole interview, it's hard to guess the tone and context of this quote.

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Thu 05 Dec 2013, 14:37

Natural blue eyed blonde,  slender 5ft 6" Grace Kelly with a retroussé nose, would be turning in her grave if she heard anything so ridiculous as being compared with a 6ft tall, broad, bottle blonde, brown-eyed, muscular former wrestler who spent 10 years (virtually the majority of her working career) kicking women in the head or jackhammering others ( all smaller too).   affraid

George may have been in love with Audrey Hepburn & thought Grace Kelly was the most beautiful woman he saw in her swimsuit, but these elegant refined ladies who clearly had deportment & elocution were worlds apart from those he recently chose to date.

His taste sure did change for the worse in recent years.

Last edited by Ocean on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 16:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deleted 2 extra words. Typo)

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Thu 05 Dec 2013, 14:41

The only ex-gf who can compare physically to Grace Kelly would be Celine Balitran. Slightly too maybe too Traylor Howard.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 05 Dec 2013, 14:48

what would he say wrote:He's back on the market after splitting from girlfriend Stacey Keibler earlier this year.

Oh!  does this mean that he is surprised he lost Ms Keibler ....... he is "constantly surprised" .... does that mean in a "I can't believe she HAS gone" kinda way.

She was elegant and a bit Grace Kelly-ish, and arm candy excellence...

And now all those pic's of her with "ready-made family....and dog" all cosied up ...it must hurt like hell..... Sad 
Thanks for the laugh wwhs! You really put it in a nutshell.

Must be hard, suprising too and hurtful...But that´s life insignificant, minute, and just silly...
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 05 Dec 2013, 16:00

yes Laking
I often read about that exhausting behavior

always destructive
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 05 Dec 2013, 16:01

Ocean wrote:Natural blue eyed blonde,  slender 5ft 6" Grace Kelly with a retroussé nose, would be turning in her grave if she heard anything so ridiculous as being compared with a 6ft tall, broad, bottle blonde, brown-eyed, muscular former wrestler who spent 10 years (virtually the majority of her working career) kicking women in the head or jackhammering others ( all smaller too).   affraid

George may have been in love with Audrey Hepburn & thought Grace Kelly was the most beautiful woman he saw in her swimsuit, but these elegant refined ladies who clearly had deportment & elocution were no were worlds apart from those he recently chose to date.

His taste sure did change for the worse in recent years.
Wow now that's a mouthful.  But I doubt Grace would be casting any stones as she was known as one hellion when it came to men and affairs when she was in Hollywood.  So turning in her grave she might but not due to any physical comparison.  

She'd be turning in her grave from sheer laughter at the ridiculousness of her image these days.  She was one of the most refined looking, husband chasing broads that Hollywood ever produced.

But once she became Princess Grace, she took on that role with gusto and never looked back. And I'm not discounting all the good she did once she did become Princess Grace, but folks, let's not rewrite history here!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 05 Dec 2013, 16:03

I already read about that

but
then she seemed so severe with her kids
right?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Thu 05 Dec 2013, 16:26

Grace Kelly was known as the Ice Princess or Ice Queen for some of those reasons you mention, Lorna Doone & it's me.

Yes, thanks for the laugh, wwhs.

By the way that George showed so much lack of passion, when dating Stacy Keibler, I can tell he must be really pining for her now.

By the way that he made such an effort to force a peck on her lips when he won a co-producer Oscar for Argo, he showed how enamoured he was indeed. And believe me, that peck was no Academy Award winning performance.
 Laughing

His choice...of course.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Thu 05 Dec 2013, 20:54

"George Clooney has admitted in a new interview that his singledom constantly surprises him."

I hope this means he is looking for true love for life....and not just temporary companions for 2 years (as some evil tongues are saying in the media).

Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 00:11

I think we can't really compare Grace Kelly with George exes. the time/generations are different. Who knows how Grace Kelly would live her life today if she would live in her young age in this generation. If you know what I mean....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 06 Dec 2013, 02:35

A) I have no idea why George is surprised he's single? Im not surprised for a variety of reasons, and
B) Most people who have been Divorced will say they were not that good at marriage.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 06 Dec 2013, 02:48

(giggle) "I" was good at marriage; my ex wasn't !!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 06 Dec 2013, 03:27

playfuldeb wrote:(giggle) "I" was good at marriage; my ex wasn't !!
Very Happy 
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 06 Dec 2013, 11:37

Nicky80 wrote:I think we can't really compare Grace Kelly with George exes. the time/generations are different. Who knows how Grace Kelly would live her life today if she would live in her young age in this generation. If you know what I mean....
I think we already know - she was largely assumed to be a 'working girl' before she found fame. And then she became famous and her whole biography was whitewashed.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 11:54

playfuldeb wrote:(giggle) "I" was good at marriage; my ex wasn't !!
LOL!   That's funny playfuldep
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 07 Dec 2013, 00:45

Katiedot wrote:
Nicky80 wrote:I think we can't really compare Grace Kelly with George exes. the time/generations are different. Who knows how Grace Kelly would live her life today if she would live in her young age in this generation. If you know what I mean....
I think we already know - she was largely assumed to be a 'working girl' before she found fame.  And then she became famous and her whole biography was whitewashed.  

Yeah Right
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 07 Dec 2013, 00:48

Who do I get hold of to whitewash my biography, that could prove useful.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 07 Dec 2013, 02:20

You'll need to get famous first. It also only works if you're pretty because only ugly people do ugly things . . .
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 07 Dec 2013, 03:19

theminis wrote:Who do I get hold of to whitewash my biography, that could prove useful.  

brahahahaha!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 07 Dec 2013, 03:55

Ok not famous yet, except in the few bars I frequented in my late 20's!!!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 07 Dec 2013, 05:26

Well, gossip was uncontrolled at that time. And not widely understood to be gossip. The stories then tended to be as fictitious as today's many wild stories about famous ppl. I remember reading as a little girl, ridiculous shit about movie stars and thought, my god! what a horrible life they have. Then there were the white washed stories too, sounded tooooo good to be true, if you asked me. But there were then the few women or men who lived rather conservatively, and you only occasionally heard anything. Pretty sure it was possible that some made it to the top without crossing the sex couch to get there. (RAW TALLENT and GOOD LOOKS)

Harder today tho. Hard to say what young lovelies have to do to just get a start, and prolly wrong at that. Seeing some of the porn some were involved in before they were known.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 07 Dec 2013, 06:09

Katiedot wrote:. . . It also only works if you're pretty because only ugly people do ugly things . . .
Is this a quote I missed from somewhere? If not, please tell me you are not serious. I know some people that are not at all pretty on the outside that are the nicest, sweetest people on the inside.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 07 Dec 2013, 07:07

Has anyone gotten the magazine yet and do you know if it can be found in the US. The article said that it would be available Thur. Dec. 05.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 07 Dec 2013, 10:00

THIS MADE ME THINK

" never very good at marriage"

I'm not, and never have, so as usual could be talking through my hole BUT......

Surely marriage is like cooking.....you might stink at baking....but do a great Curry, paella, fish.....

YOU JUST HAVE TO FIND YOUR FLAVOUR

Don't let one bad fruitcake leave you hungry.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 07 Dec 2013, 12:54

From personal experience getting married too young and being too immature leads to massively high unatainable expectations of each other.
So if one partner doesn't mature at the same rate as the other....Problems big time !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 07 Dec 2013, 13:02

Ahhh, yet again Jo, you could have hit the nail on the head .....

George is forever young ... in soul and character ..... bounce Basketball cheers sunny  All the good things in life are... no matter what age you are ... it's whats in your heart.... YOUNG AT HEART !!!!!

Wifey No1 probably thought she was taming an unruly puppy ... not a young guy ... simply not ready ....Rolling Eyes

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 07 Dec 2013, 13:14

unruly puppy
nice!! lol
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 07 Dec 2013, 14:21

Probably some truth in what you say wwhs.
My first husband certainly had a strange idea of what marriage meant and tried to continue his bachelor ways.
Not sexually but socially.
Also we were living in two rooms, in someone's house,
which was the norm in the 60's here,
and he thought we could have a baby straight away !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Sat 07 Dec 2013, 16:19

Someone with a similar childlike nature wouldn't try to mother George, I guess ... or vice versa.    Like closer to his age but appropriate maturity.
They might argue as kids at times, though.  

Anyway, some people stay young at heart throughout their lives. Not foolish or flippant.  They're responsible, conscientious & serious when need be.  Just have purity of heart & playful disposition.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat 07 Dec 2013, 16:55

By the way, where is G right now? I am eagerly awaiting his new sign of life....missing 

I hope to see some pictures of him in Europe during Christmas....rendeer  santa
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 07 Dec 2013, 17:03

playfuldeb wrote:
Katiedot wrote:. . . It also only works if you're pretty because only ugly people do ugly things . . .
Is this a quote I missed from somewhere? If not, please tell me you are not serious. I know some people that are not at all pretty on the outside that are the nicest, sweetest people on the inside.
I think she was being ironical!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 07 Dec 2013, 17:46

I like this playful disposition
I am really often like that

pure in the heart too
(and I need to protect myself be of that)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 08 Dec 2013, 03:34

playfuldeb wrote:
I couldn't agree more with you and yes, I was being sarcastic.

Unfortunately it is an observed effect. I can't remember the research, I think it's called the Halo effect, but it's a psychological thing that in general people ascribe good characteristics to beautiful people and bad characteristics to uglier people. Here's a quick overview of the theory: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 08 Dec 2013, 04:10

it's me wrote:I like this playful disposition

pure in the heart too
(and I need to protect myself be  of that)
Unfortunately, me too, Its Me. I tend to be very light hearted and more of a frolicy natured. I guess you'd say more of the pure at heart because I tend to believe ppl, take them at their word. I can't seem to change that. I fall too hard too. My heart can be busted easily. But I also look for answers for why things happen that tend to hurt. Try to be forgiving and overlook stuff. Good way to be taken for the ride tho. But I think someone like George, it could be the fun its intended to be,and I wouldn't let on about deeper feelings cause he'd run and a type like him too. Maybe keep the fun longer and keep the guy possibly, if its allowed to be fun and serious when needed only.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 08 Dec 2013, 04:19

And yeah, ppl tend to wanna mother me or "daddy" me. lol Tell me what I should do for many reasons and things. Like I couldn't find my way out of a wet paper bag...kind of attitudes...well thats how it feels anyway. I know they care. But thats hard at times because you can't really live your life to suit others. I tend to care too much about other ppl's feelings. I mean, I don't like to disappoint or hurt ppl. And you can't avoid it if you're going to live your own life the way you want to. It isn't really hurting anyone in any sense of me doing anything to them. Its just a side effect of them caring too much about what I do. Want me to do things their way.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 08 Dec 2013, 04:24

You'd think I was a 60 year old kid or something. They call me irresponsible, yet I have been taking care of myself, all by myself now for about 5 years and before that, I ran a household of 3 men folk(the boys grew up) until one moved away and got married. That just added another "mother" to the flock. Smile

I don't think George had that problem, unless Talia did "act" like a mother to him. Controlling and expecting him to be a certain way, as a husband.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Sun 08 Dec 2013, 14:40

it's me wrote:I like this playful disposition

pure in the heart too
(and I need to protect myself be  of that)
Yes, I can relate...
Sometimes those who are like that can be misunderstood.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 10 Dec 2013, 08:08

With all the women that George has dated, has he ever dated a redhead?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 10 Dec 2013, 08:14

we somewhere wrote he can do what he wants
no

the " studios" black souls ppl
got him under their heel
the spell was 'you will keep yourself available'

that's it
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next