George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney at the AFI film fest, 8 Nov 2013, at a screening of August Osage County - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:30 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney at the AFI film fest, 8 Nov 2013, at a screening of August Osage County - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney at the AFI film fest, 8 Nov 2013, at a screening of August Osage County - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney at the AFI film fest, 8 Nov 2013, at a screening of August Osage County - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney at the AFI film fest, 8 Nov 2013, at a screening of August Osage County - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney at the AFI film fest, 8 Nov 2013, at a screening of August Osage County - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney at the AFI film fest, 8 Nov 2013, at a screening of August Osage County - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney at the AFI film fest, 8 Nov 2013, at a screening of August Osage County - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney at the AFI film fest, 8 Nov 2013, at a screening of August Osage County - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney at the AFI film fest, 8 Nov 2013, at a screening of August Osage County

+17
Doug Ross
Maggy
m4rose
Nicky80
Carla97
Butterfly
Joanna
jluna2011
NotAvailable
it's me
theminis
LornaDoone
melbert
playfuldeb
party animal - not!
silly girl
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney at the AFI film fest, 8 Nov 2013, at a screening of August Osage County - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney at the AFI film fest, 8 Nov 2013, at a screening of August Osage County

Post by it's me Sun 10 Nov 2013, 16:41

Grant is nice
also in staying in the shadow

but I think G needs to give him more space in such interviews
IMHO

I know G is way more used to them
and I appreciate him letting space for Grant
or help him if needed
but I think if G wants Grant more at his ease
he needs to let him try

Very Happy
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney at the AFI film fest, 8 Nov 2013, at a screening of August Osage County - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney at the AFI film fest, 8 Nov 2013, at a screening of August Osage County

Post by melbert Sun 10 Nov 2013, 19:13

Grant is very much at ease at these things. He just knows that George is the "star" and he is very content to let him shine. More shining = more bucks to continue their lifes work.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 10 Nov 2013, 19:41

Totally agree, Mel - and Grant has a wicked sense of humour and often has the one succinct word to finish off the odd Clooney sentence.

As for attention, at last year's successes for Argo, Our Man gave the stage to him at all the award ceremonies...the Bafta Awards come immediately to mind when he paid tribute to him.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 10 Nov 2013, 20:50

yes
but
.... I know I don't know nothing
and I dare to say

but
... well
I think he has to let him have a bit more space

again
IMHO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sun 10 Nov 2013, 23:09

Can someone transcribe what they've said in the video, please?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 10 Nov 2013, 23:47

Doug Ross wrote:Can someone transcribe what they've said in the video, please?
Well, my fingers are bleeding they talked so fast....

Kidding just kidding.    Here you go Doug!

Interviewer - We're here with the extraordinary filmmaking team of Grant and George.  My question to you (to George) is do you ever get tired of Grant stealing the spotlight from you in terms of paparazzi and celebrity coverage?

Grant laughs

George:  He's such a magnet for it and he handles it that I like to be in the background.

Interviewer: You're happy to ride his coattails.

George: Yes

Grant:  That's exactly right.  He's been riding them for about 30 years.

George: I'm actually standing on his coattails as we speak.

Grant:  That's not my coattail.

George: Oh, sorry!

Interviewer: Obviously, there is an extraordinary cast that you guys pulled together for the project.   Did that come together easily? Difficult?  How did you pull that off?

George:  Difficult

Grant:  Yea it's difficult.  It's difficult to find the right sort of, recipe, for this family.

George:  Yes, it's tricky.  It's a very complicated puzzle because you have to believe the three are sisters.  There have to be elements of actors that can hold their own with them, Merle and Julia, and we've got all of that.   It was a complicated recipe and it was about figuring out the right combination and I think John did a really wonderful job on that.

Interviewer:  Could you talk about the living situation you created there for the cast in Oklahoma and how that helped the film?
George:  I think it helped it a lot.  

Interviewer:  Could you describe it?

George (turning to the camera and speaking firmly tongue in cheek):  Well they were living in one room.  Literally, one small room.

Grant:  That's just because the Weinstein Company wouldn't pop for anything else.

George: They wouldn't fork for anything.  But when Harvey came in he had a really nice house that he stayed in - which you know.

Grant:  And another house for his assistant.  So you know.

Interviewer:  Then other than that it was fine.

Grant:   No, they all stayed in a condo complex together.    They took over the whole place and you know, they all hung out.  They all ate together, you could see it, you could feel it on the set.  

George:  Yea

Grant:  We lived far away from those guys.

George:  As far away as we could get from that family.  Look at them, see that?  (As he points to a picture of the cast behind them) Do you want to live near that?

Interviewer:  Now how does it feel when you go into that house filled with all these (inaudible) stars.  Do you feel like it's just another show?

George:  I felt like, just another show, mostly.  Well listen, it's fun to be around.  I know most of them, I've worked with a lot of them over the years.  You know, Meryl and I were in Fantastic Mr. Fox; Chris Cooper and I did Syriana together ;  Juliette [Lewis]and I did From Dusk to Dawn together.  So I've known them, I have a history with them.

Grant:  And John you've known for a little while.

George:  Yea, I've known John Wells for a long while.  So me, it was about seeing old friends.   (FYI John Wells was Executive Producer of George's TV show - ER)

Interviewer:  Thank you very much.

George / Grant: Thank you very much.

End

Last edited by LornaDoone on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 00:16; edited 2 times in total
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sun 10 Nov 2013, 23:55

Grant Heslov seems awesome. Of course, I was told I couldn't say hello to him. Oh poor me. I bet he's mean. LOL
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 07:50

Thanks Lorna for the transcribe. I like it when they joke around together Razz 
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:38

about MM but anyway I loved G saying Grant is able to say to him
'Nice shot Thumbs up! 
now let's doing another take'
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 11 Nov 2013, 13:35

Butterfly wrote:I would like to suggest...if you agree...to move this thread to the cover page - News about George. That is the place where we post the most important info on his whereabouts.
Done, and you're absolutely right: all sightings of George should go in the 'news' section, so I've moved this thread.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 11 Nov 2013, 19:46

another videoooo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by it's me on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 19:50; edited 1 time in total
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 19:47

Where?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 11 Nov 2013, 19:51

herm.... have you ever....... forgot an attachment ?

me

now
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 19:55

LOL! 

Thanks for the edit

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 19:57

Is it just me or is the sound bad. Can't hear everything very well. But nice anyway
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 11 Nov 2013, 19:59

thankssss Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 11 Nov 2013, 23:21

LornaDoone wrote:
Doug Ross wrote:Can someone transcribe what they've said in the video, please?
Well, my fingers are bleeding they talked so fast....

Kidding just kidding.    Here you go Doug!

Interviewer - We're here with the extraordinary filmmaking team of Grant and George.  My question to you (to George) is do you ever get tired of Grant stealing the spotlight from you in terms of paparazzi and celebrity coverage?

Grant laughs

George:  He's such a magnet for it and he handles it that I like to be in the background.

Interviewer: You're happy to ride his coattails.

George: Yes

Grant:  That's exactly right.  He's been riding them for about 30 years.

George: I'm actually standing on his coattails as we speak.

Grant:  That's not my coattail.

George: Oh, sorry!

Interviewer: Obviously, there is an extraordinary cast that you guys pulled together for the project.   Did that come together easily? Difficult?  How did you pull that off?

George:  Difficult

Grant:  Yea it's difficult.  It's difficult to find the right sort of, recipe, for this family.

George:  Yes, it's tricky.  It's a very complicated puzzle because you have to believe the three are sisters.  There have to be elements of actors that can hold their own with them, Merle and Julia, and we've got all of that.   It was a complicated recipe and it was about figuring out the right combination and I think John did a really wonderful job on that.

Interviewer:  Could you talk about the living situation you created there for the cast in Oklahoma and how that helped the film?
George:  I think it helped it a lot.  

Interviewer:  Could you describe it?

George (turning to the camera and speaking firmly tongue in cheek):  Well they were living in one room.  Literally, one small room.

Grant:  That's just because the Weinstein Company wouldn't pop for anything else.

George: They wouldn't fork for anything.  But when Harvey came in he had a really nice house that he stayed in - which you know.

Grant:  And another house for his assistant.  So you know.

Interviewer:  Then other than that it was fine.

Grant:   No, they all stayed in a condo complex together.    They took over the whole place and you know, they all hung out.  They all ate together, you could see it, you could feel it on the set.  

George:  Yea

Grant:  We lived far away from those guys.

George:  As far away as we could get from that family.  Look at them, see that?  (As he points to a picture of the cast behind them) Do you want to live near that?

Interviewer:  Now how does it feel when you go into that house filled with all these (inaudible) stars.  Do you feel like it's just another show?

George:  I felt like, just another show, mostly.  Well listen, it's fun to be around.  I know most of them, I've worked with a lot of them over the years.  You know, Meryl and I were in Fantastic Mr. Fox; Chris Cooper and I did Syriana together ;  Juliette [Lewis]and I did From Dusk to Dawn together.  So I've known them, I have a history with them.

Grant:  And John you've known for a little while.

George:  Yea, I've known John Wells for a long while.  So me, it was about seeing old friends.   (FYI John Wells was Executive Producer of George's TV show - ER)

Interviewer:  Thank you very much.

George / Grant: Thank you very much

End
Oh, Thank you I love you 

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Tue 12 Nov 2013, 08:43

Live Q and A :

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 12 Nov 2013, 09:48

Thanks Boshkash, really funny people. I think the last 10 minutes were the best they were laughing a lot.

The camera set up was a bit stupid. George was too far at the right. He was cut out lot of times but you could hear his laugh LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 12 Nov 2013, 12:05

Nicky, that's because he's not IN the film. He didn't direct. He's the producer and shouldn't be front and center. He did exactly right.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 12 Nov 2013, 12:28

Yes Yes I agree, maybe misunderstanding here. I didn't want him to be the front and centre of the group. It is fine that he was more in the background.

What I meant, when you see the video it doesn't show the full picture when they zoom away and show the whole stage everyone is in the picture apart of George as the camera is standing a bit wierd. I don't think they wanted George to cut out most of the time this way, it is more a camera setting mistake.

But maybe this video shows only this wierd on my laptop.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 12 Nov 2013, 12:51

Nicky, did you click on the video to make it bigger? George IS in the wide shots. The video won't play audio for me, but when I clicked through it, he was in all the wide shots.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 12 Nov 2013, 21:27

I watched the clip and think the reason George didnt show is because the layout of the posting had the clip offset to the left, keeping the right side from not showing.

At the endstates it is opening Christmas Day. Do many people go to the movies on Christmas Day? I would think that you would be with your family.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 12 Nov 2013, 22:14

where did you find your avatar pic Mel?? Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 12 Nov 2013, 23:53

melbert wrote:Nicky, did you click on the video to make it bigger?  George IS in the wide shots.  The video won't play audio for me, but when I clicked through it, he was in all the wide shots.

Ok I will try to make the video bigger and see if that will work. Thanks

playfuldeb wrote:I watched the clip and think the reason George didnt show is because the layout of the posting had the clip offset to the left, keeping the right side from not showing.

Yes this could be the reason why I don't see the right side so good where George is sitting. The video was not loaded right. But well....I'm glad you saw it this way too. Though my laptop gets crazy  Rolling Eyes
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 13 Nov 2013, 02:01

Thanks for posting it Nicky. However it comes across I still enjoyed watching the entirety of it.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 13 Nov 2013, 02:57

Deb, there are many families who go to the movies as part of their Christmas celebration, or skiing, or other family events outside of the home.  Also, not everyone celebrates Christmas for a variety of reasons, so they need something to do when everything is closed up for Christmas.

It'sMe, it is from the Osage County Q&A.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 13 Nov 2013, 05:22

is there a new thread? Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 13 Nov 2013, 09:01

Boshkash wrote:Live Q and A :
Looks like this is a new event. This one:

Got confused and thought it is the same event. MAybe better to move that to the other thread?

Or am I completly wrong now? Embarassed
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 11:51

Not sure if the climate change comment was here..
anyway

Look what this wooden eyed "communication consultant" is writing...I bet his whole life feels like a test he didn't study for...the great environmental contributor at Forbes...give me a break

Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 14 Nov 2013, 12:21

That seems like an OTT analysis about a remark
made by George at the end of his long sentence responding to an inappropriately timed question !

I've noticed that George doesn't just dismiss interviewer's mistimed questions out of politeness, but then he has to pay the price with naff blogs !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 20:34

No I think the question was correct and his answer was right, but...this guy decided to twist it this way.

Where has everyone been? Gin&tonic diet? Not only losing a day or two but decades...

All of the economically recoverable fossil fuels will be gone soon. Fossil fuels are a dead end that is approaching faster than the most had anticipated. That´s the truth and no one can do a damn thing about it.

So this guy is a moron. Laughing 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sun 17 Nov 2013, 21:56

Carla97 wrote:No I think the question was correct and his answer was right, but...this guy decided to twist it this way.

Where has everyone been? Gin&tonic diet? Not only losing a day or two but decades...

All of the economically recoverable fossil fuels will be gone soon. Fossil fuels are a dead end that is approaching faster than the most had anticipated. That´s the truth and no one can do a damn thing about it.

So this guy is a moron. Laughing 
Right Carla97. These responders about climate change are really moronic. If they were living by a river bank, they'd be the last ones to leave their digs when the water is rising about their back porch.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 21 Nov 2013, 03:46

Some added pictures for the AFI Awards
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This lady is in 7th heaven

Very attractive and a good actor in my opinion.

Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 21 Nov 2013, 04:10

A few more

And one from the filming.

These are from ContactMusic & Zimbio
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 21 Nov 2013, 04:18

Thanks!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 21 Nov 2013, 06:24

thanks for the pictures Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 21 Nov 2013, 06:38

No problem xxx
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 21 Nov 2013, 21:39

Thanks Mazy, There are some great pics. I live them.  Give Flowers
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2