George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial

3 posters

Go down

George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial Empty George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial

Post by silly girl Thu 31 Oct 2013, 01:22

Interesting that this is what Gossip Cop gets to deny today...  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple?
Truth rating: 0
Brad Pitt George Clooney
6:40 pm, October 30th, 2013

“George Clooney and Brad Pitt hope to option the rights to The Odd Couple — the Neil Simon play, film and TV rerun staple — with thoughts of either a new film version or a short Broadway run,” reports OK!

The tabloid, which recently made up Angelina Jolie’s $50 million memoir, is now touting a major scoop about Pitt’s career, although details are — surprise! — sketchy.

“Roles have not been settled, but George seems spot-on for the fussy Felix Unger, and laid-back Brad would make an excellent Oscar Madison,” advises OK!

Uh-huh.

We’ll be sure to pass that along.

Unfortunately, this entire project is a figment of the tabloid’s imagination.

A rep for Clooney tells Gossip Cop there’s no truth to this story whatsoever.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial Empty Re: George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial

Post by LornaDoone Thu 31 Oct 2013, 01:43

Hmm, no truth to it but I wouldn't mind seeing George pull off fussy Felix! That could be pretty funny!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial Empty Re: George Clooney and Brad Pitt Doing The Odd Couple? Gossip Cop denial

Post by melbert Thu 31 Oct 2013, 01:56

And I see him more as Oscar. Brad could reprise his BAR role as a goofy Felix.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 15 Dec 2013, 17:18

Well it seems the Odd Couple will be coming to the small screen with Matthew Perry playing Oscar.  They say the search is on for an actor to play Felix.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matthew Perry To Star In, Write & Produce New ‘Odd Couple’ Comedy In Works At CBS

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Friday December 13, 2013 @ 12:58pm PSTTags: CBS, Danny Jacobson, Matthew Perry, The Odd Couple

Odd Couple TV Reboot Matthew PerryEXCLUSIVE: Neil Simon’s classic The Odd Couple is eying a return to television, with Matthew Perry as the star, co-writer and executive producer of a multi-camera comedy project for CBS, which has received a script commitment plus penalty. The new take on two mismatched roommates — the messy Oscar Madison (Perry) and the neat freak Felix Unger — will be co-written by Perry and comedy veteran Danny Jacobson, who previously co-wrote another multi-camera couple comedy with the series’ co-lead: NBC’s Paul Reiser vehicle Mad About You. Perry, Matthew The Odd Couple hails from CBS TV Studios and two of its top pods, Timberman-Beverly and The Tannenbaum Co. It marks Friends alum Perry’s return to multi-camera comedy filmed in front of a live audience after two single-camera shows — ABC’s Mr. Sunshine, which he also co-created, and NBC’s Go On. Simon’s play The Odd Couple premiered on Broadway in 1965 with Walter Matthau as Oscar and Art Carney as Felix and spawned a successful 1968 movie, in which Matthau reprises his role alongside Jack Lemmon as Felix, and the 1970 ABC/Paramount TV series, in which Oscar was played by Jack Klugman and Felix by Tony Randall. It ran for five seasons.

For Perry, doing The Odd Couple has been a dream 34 years in the making. “Ever since seeing the movie The Odd Couple when I was 10 years old, it has been a dream for me to play Oscar Madison,” he said. “To be given the opportunity to develop a modern version of it for CBS has put a permanent smile across my face. I met up with a wonderful writing partner in Danny Jacobson. We both have such a passion for the source material that we have instantly become obsessed with making this great. Plus, I think it’s time for me to be in front of a live audience again. I miss that. The search for Felix Ungar is on!”

Perry and Jacobson are executive producing the project with Carl Beverly & Sarah Timberman and Eric Tannenbaum & Kim Tannenbaum.

In addition to the hit 1968 movie and the 1970 series, there was an Odd Couple movie sequel starring Matthau and Lemmon; a CBS Odd Couple reunion TV movie; a short-lived The New Odd Couple follow-up ABC series with black leads produced by Garry Marshall; an ABC cartoon; and The Female Odd Couple, a female version of the play by Simon. Perry, who also recently recurred on CBS’ The Good Wife, is repped by CAA, Doug Chapin Management, and Paul Mayersohn; Jacobson is with CAA, Brillstein Entertainment and Mark Temple. Timberman is with CAA and Jeff Finkelstein & Ernie Del; Beverly is with CAA and Bruce Gellman;. The Tannenbaum Co. is with CAA and Jeff Finkelstein & Ernie Del.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down