George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Gravity reviews - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Gravity reviews - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Gravity reviews - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Gravity reviews - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Gravity reviews - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Gravity reviews - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Gravity reviews - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Gravity reviews - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Gravity reviews - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Gravity reviews

+21
jd68
amaretti
madsky
theminis
Rachel
blubelle
Bewitched
Way2Old4Dis
What Would He Say
LornaDoone
Mazy
ktsue2002
Nicky80
it's me
Joanna
Carla97
Lighterside
melbert
Katiedot
silly girl
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gravity reviews - Page 2 Empty Re: Gravity reviews

Post by it's me Tue 01 Oct 2013, 12:32

sadly baby ...
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 01 Oct 2013, 16:58

I never take critics' reviews as gospel, but there seems to be unanimous praise for this movie.

I intend to be at an early showing on Friday.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Tue 01 Oct 2013, 23:38

The reviews for G have been so-so.Crying or Very sad 
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 01 Oct 2013, 23:40

who said that?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Wed 02 Oct 2013, 00:14

Several photos have been appearing on Twitter/ Instagram of George & Sandra at the NY Gravity premiere.

In real time too, as it's nautical twilight when posted & GC is outdoors greeting crowd.
SB in white. Around 7pm New York.
Positive comments.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 02 Oct 2013, 00:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 02 Oct 2013, 00:36

He needs cuddles lots and lots of cuddles...OXOX
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Wed 02 Oct 2013, 01:37

Hug1 

This review is quite good, though spoiler in last paragraph.

New York Observer

Fly Me to the Moon: Gravity Is Pure, Popcorn-Munching Fun

Science fiction flicks about NASA pioneers lost in outer space are a dime a dozen. But cool special effects, applause-milking technical bravura and advance film-festival raves make Gravity more highly anticipated than usual. For the most part, it lives up to the hoopla. It’s a thrill ride in an amusement park for kids and eggheads alike. Think Epcot with a touch of the Coney Island Cyclone. The ride takes just a beat or two more than an hour and a half, and you get your money’s worth. But forget about words tossed around by critics with hyperthyroid gush like “brilliant,” “visionary” and “groundbreaking.” It is none of those things. Gravity is nothing more than a classy work of 3-D entertainment and, since everything moves in slow motion, not a very lively one at that.

The setting is an American space station floating around the planets like a ball of cotton. No oxygen. No sound. No one can hear you scream. The view is great, and the silence is relaxing. But terror awaits. When astronaut George Clooney transmits the message, “Houston, I have a bad feeling about this mission,” you better believe him. Suddenly, the shuttle is assaulted by flying debris from a Russian spy satellite traveling faster than a high-speed Internet connection, and the U.S. mission is totally aborted. State-of-the-art scientific equipment worth billions of dollars is destroyed. Communications in Houston face a blackout. Worst of all, the entire crew is tragically killed except for two astronauts—the veteran mission commander (Mr. Clooney) and a lady research scientist with only the most basic skills (Sandra Bullock)—who are left stranded together in the cosmos, trying to get back to Mother Earth. Initially antagonistic, the wisecracking chauvinist flirt who hums pop tunes from inside his space helmet and the no-nonsense lady pragmatist who finds him unbearably annoying must learn to depend on each other for shared knowledge, trust and moral support. Only one will survive. Three guesses which one—and the first two don’t count.

So there you have it—the entire plot of a formulaic disaster movie with two stars who communicate from space suits that cover everything but their faces. They only have one scene together as the Bullock-Clooney team, and it takes place in a dream sequence. Still, they manage an uncanny rapport through words. The action is restricted to clinging to the sides of a spaceship, and the dialogue consists largely of stuff like, “Prepare airlock for arrival,” “Report your status—give me a reading!” and “Explorer, do you copy?”

Gravity nevertheless keeps you hooked. This is not a movie about acting, but the co-stars are in fine form. Ms. Bullock’s usual unruffled demeanor is perfectly suited for the doctor she plays here, and Mr. Clooney exudes his usual mischievous charm, even stuffed into a cushioned space suit that looks like an oversize oven mitt.

Mexico’s Alfonso Cuarón, who directed both Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and gruesome futuristic thriller Children of Men, uses his vast experience with nail-biting 3-D effects to create sequences that are scary and delightful at the same time. The long opening section where the junk hits the space station is first-rate, and the wafting, weightless shots of bodies in space really convey the feeling of what it must be like drifting in the cosmos. When Mr. Clooney reaches out to catch a floating lug nut, you cower in fear that he’s going to grab you by the throat. It’s the humor that makes this movie rock, not a lot of pretentious gumbo about the mysteries of outer space or the philosophical pandering Stanley Kubrick was famous for. The critics who compare it to 2001: A Space Odyssey are delusional.

Accept Gravity as pure, popcorn-munching show business fun and nothing else, and you won’t go away disappointed. Leave logic at the concession stand. After Mr. Clooney cuts himself loose to save his partner in a gesture so noble you don’t know if it’s heroic or insane, what began as a two-hander in Flash Gordon costumes turns into a one-woman monologue, and Ms. Bullock is left alone to spend the rest of the movie talking to herself, locating a Chinese spaceship with controls that might get her home (how would she know, since the voices and instructions are all in Mandarin?), climbing through explosions and fires inside the space craft, manually expanding her dwindling oxygen supply and reaching mission control in a foreign vessel with nobody to instruct her in English. For a medical engineer on her very first shuttle mission, she’s just the kind of gal you want playing around with your broken telescope. The preposterous miracles she performs in the script, written by Mr. Cuarón and his son, Jonas, are not even peripherally believable, but Gravity is, as Bullock says, “one helluva ride.”

GRAVITY

Written by: Alfonso Cuarón and Jonas Cuarón

Directed by: Alfonso Cuarón

Starring: Sandra Bullock, George Clooney and Ed Harris

Running time: 90 min.

Rating: 3/4

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 02 Oct 2013, 10:33

Of course George looks good "in an oversized oven mitt" If he looked good with Batman's nipples he'd
look good in anything !

Not long now to see it here in UK.

Sofa bounce 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 02 Oct 2013, 12:58

tomorrow in Italy.... but busy busy BUSY ! days.... Neutral 
we will see...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Fri 04 Oct 2013, 00:04

"The preposterous miracles she performs in the script, written by Mr. Cuarón and his son, Jonas, are not even peripherally believable"
Yes - if you are a NASA expert

I think this film is not made to show reality but the film is stunning.
I would pay to watch it again.

And George - he is typical "George" sometimes I don't know if he is acting - it seams so reality - that's what makes a superb actor

Don't ask me about what happens - you should watch it yourselves
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 04 Oct 2013, 01:31

It came out in our theatres last night so going to see the movie Saturday (once I convince Nonna to watch the kids!)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 05 Oct 2013, 14:54

Saw it late last night; all the early and evening shows were sold out. And the theatre was still packed.

I was floored. It's stunning. Bullock is superb. George is good, but honestly he pales by comparison (to both Bullock and the effects). Only by comparison; his performance isn't a detraction at all.

I think it's ironic that he's in the movie that is the frontrunner to beat him in Best Director and Best Picture nominations and/or awards.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 05 Oct 2013, 15:07

ironic?

Mad 

...we will see ....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Sat 05 Oct 2013, 23:20

Here is the US 98% positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, hasn't happened in a long time on that site.  Just saw it IMAX and 3D, and would highly recommend it to everyone.  Just amazing in all aspects, Sandra, George, the story and especially the cinematography and effects are unbelievable.

If you can go find an IMAX theatre.  This is one picture that is so spectacular on the large screen.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 06 Oct 2013, 00:25

Thanks Madsky for advice...will have to find IMAX >>>>>
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 06 Oct 2013, 01:45

Going tomorrow to my local IMAX theater. But question to anyone who has already seen it. If you're a person prone to motion sickness would that be an issue with the film?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 06 Oct 2013, 01:52

That is a good point . I am not a big 3 D person . I am very excited about seeing Gravity.

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Sun 06 Oct 2013, 02:52

Allright, I am person who gets motion sickness a lot, and a scene near the beginning I felt a tad queasy and looked away, but it was only of a small moment, and I still loved it.  I am not really a fan of 3D either, as after the first few gimmicks it just bothers me and seems like a way to get a few extra dollars out of me, but in this film, it was excellent and worth the extra.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 06 Oct 2013, 04:57

madsky wrote:Allright, I am person who gets motion sickness a lot, and a scene near the beginning I felt a tad queasy and looked away, but it was only of a small moment, and I still loved it.  I am not really a fan of 3D either, as after the first few gimmicks it just bothers me and seems like a way to get a few extra dollars out of me, but in this film, it was excellent and worth the extra.
Thanks for the info!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Sun 06 Oct 2013, 05:40

I saw the movie and was underwhelmed. After reading such great reviews I was surprised at the lack of character development and plot. The movie rests on its special effects. Watching Bullock play an astronaut saying, "Eenie minie mo" while trying to decide which button to press in an attempt to get a piece of equipment to work was painful. I think the actors did the best they could with the material. I'm looking forward to Monuments Men in December!
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 06 Oct 2013, 12:17

Willing to risk my vertigo to see it - had to postpone when one of my babes got sick so going next weekend instead.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sun 06 Oct 2013, 12:41

Stern-Mag this week

5 stars (from 5)

and a great review

YEP
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 06 Oct 2013, 17:26

Beautiful,beautiful and beautiful, Sandra is extraordinary, George small part but still great. Cuaron director sublime.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 06 Oct 2013, 20:54

I've copied below a newsfeed that my server provides......It is interesting to note that, though George's part is smaller than Sandra's....it still talks of The George Clooney Sandra Bullock movie....interesting.....

WSER) – Critics dubbed Alfonso Cuaron's Gravity "extraordinary," and moviegoers this weekend sealed the deal: The George Clooney-Sandra Bullock space drama soared to No. 1 at the box office, with a $55.6 million opening that set a record for an October debut. That's about $20 million more than Gravity was predicted to make, notes the LA Times; it's also an opening-weekend record for both Clooney and Bullock, adds the AP. Rounding out the top five were Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 ($21.5 million), Runner Runner ($7.6 million), Prisoners ($5.7 million), and Rush ($4.8 million).

What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 06 Oct 2013, 20:56

Goes to prove; George makes good choices ....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 06 Oct 2013, 21:02

#1 in Italy too

OTTIMO!
I am really happy for him Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 06 Oct 2013, 21:15

what would he say wrote:

At 52 it's about fricking time he would make the right choices !!! His face izzzz falling apart ya know. Twisted Evil 
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 06 Oct 2013, 21:18

Congrats. cheers cheers 

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 06 Oct 2013, 21:39

God bless you George and Sandra you both worked hard to get where you are now in your field. For the only two actors in the movie that says a lot for your drawing power. George is a number one writer, producer, actor, and director in my opinion. No favoritism here. <3
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 06 Oct 2013, 22:25

is it maybe the first film with 2 only ppl?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 07 Oct 2013, 00:22

Atalante wrote:
what would he say wrote:

At 52 it's about fricking time he would make the right choices !!! His face izzzz falling apart ya know. Twisted Evil 

Interesting comment....so is my face.....and you?

It may just be a "happy accident" that this film has done so well, so close to when MM will be released...in this day and age you are only famous/as big as/whatever, for as long as you are "current". He is certainly that now....it can only add to the Box Office of MM.

Far from his face falling, his star power is definitely rising........jmo
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 07 Oct 2013, 01:05

His face izzzz falling apart ya know. Atalante

I think that his face looks fantastic. Aging is something we all do hopefully we age as well as George does.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 07 Oct 2013, 01:33

I think he looks great . Very Happy Very Happy 

amaretti

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Mon 07 Oct 2013, 06:13

His face will never fall apart for who loves him. He has aged well and looks charming, handsome and still very sexy
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 07 Oct 2013, 06:23

you rommmmantic Very Happy

WWHS said
his star power is definitely rising

it was already big time!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 07 Oct 2013, 07:22

it's me wrote:you rommmmantic Very Happy

WWHS said
his star power is definitely rising

it was already big time!!!

Rising with younger audience, those born around ER time- they look to different stars, these days you have to be "current". He is on the money, as they say...jmo
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 07 Oct 2013, 11:29

I'm happy if ppl is going happily to cinemas
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 07 Oct 2013, 22:31

Saw "Gravity" last night and have to tell you -GO! GO! GO! - but don't read the reviews if you can help it. Most of them are so good that nothing could live up to them, and you might be a bit disappointed - but only a bit.
The visual effects are amazing. A couple of sequences are truly stunning. But the 3D effects are not quite as in-your-face as I expected. Even so it's a visually beautiful experience.
Sandra Bullock is terrific, and so is George - although his is truly a supporting role and to my mind he isn't in the movie enough. But when he is there, you know it.
My only complaint is that the movie isn't long enough - I didn't want it to end.
P.S. If your I-MAX theater is as loud as ours, bring ear plugs! The poor guy in front of us had his fingers in his ears for half the movie and I think we all went home a little deaf!

LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 07 Oct 2013, 22:36

Just wanted to add, I don't care how scientifically accurate the movie is - I loved it.
And his face is NOT falling apart! Phooey!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 07 Oct 2013, 23:18

LOOOL
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 07 Oct 2013, 23:34

Noveck 'Gravity' 90 Minutes Of Terrifying Beauty

[AP Photo/Courtesy Warner Bros. Pictures]
Gravity movie
This publicity photo released by Warner Bros. Pictures shows Sandra Bullock, left, as Dr. Ryan Stone and George Clooney as Matt Kowalsky in “Gravity."
Posted: Friday, October 4, 2013 6:00 am | Updated: 10:19 am, Fri Oct 4, 2013.
By Jocelyn Noveck, AP National Writer

In an age when we're able to consume content so many different ways — and that's a good thing, mostly — let's declare right now that there's only one truly correct way to experience "Gravity," Alfonso Cuaron's thrilling new space film.

In a theater. On a huge screen. And in 3-D. Yes, even for all you 3-D naysayers — we hear you, but this is the movie you HAVE to see in 3-D.

And please, no matter how many months or years pass, don't watch this film on your little smartphone.

If you've seen the heart-pounding trailer, you'll know that Sandra Bullock and George Clooney play astronauts who experience a traumatic accident in space. You may also know about the extraordinary special effects used to create this weightless cinematic world — so extraordinary that many are calling the film a landmark of the sci-fi genre.

But what you can't know, until you're in the theater, is just how much you'll feel like you're up there in space, feeling its vastness, perhaps even feeling cold. And how you might let yourself forget, momentarily, that this movie wasn't shot on location. And how you'll ask yourself, how did they DO this? And how you'll then forget the question, because you'll be caught up once again in this 90-minute thrill ride.

Cuaron's filmmaking prowess is no secret. His 2007 "Children of Men" was a masterful evocation of a bleak futuristic world where women can no longer conceive, and warring gangs struggle for control of the dying human race.

But while that film teemed with people, "Gravity" has but a few. It aims to evoke the full terror of true solitude — indeed, Bullock is alone much of the time.

And though it doesn't take place on Earth, "Gravity" is in a way closer to our reality — not a futuristic world, but one that exists today, though you'd have to be on a space mission to get there.

If you were, you'd want to be with Matt Kowalski (Clooney), the experienced mission commander, cocky and totally in charge. He jokes easily with Mission Control (voiced by Ed Harris, in a nice nod to "Apollo 13" and "The Right Stuff") while spacewalking with a new jet pack, but when disaster strikes, he's the guy you want nearby.

Bullock is Ryan Stone, a medical engineer installing a new system on the Hubble telescope. She's on her first mission, and feeling rather queasy, when suddenly a massive field of debris comes hurtling by, sending Stone spiraling out of control.
All this and more is established in a single, stunning, 13-minute opening shot. And Cuaron is just getting started.

While we'll reveal no more plot, it's worth noting that the film's one flaw stems from an effort to give Bullock's character more of a backstory than necessary, perhaps an overly sentimental one. But overall, the actress finds that difficult balance between frailty and tenacity. And Bullock's grounded presence — pun intended — is a huge plus here.

The script is by Cuaron and his son, Jonas, but kudos are also due cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki and visual effects supervisor Tim Webber, for their seamless blend of live action, animation and CGI. As for the 3-D, never once does it feel anything less than totally integrated with the film's purpose.

As the credits roll, you may find yourself thinking about real space launches you've watched, or watching man walk on the moon, and remembering that feeling of awe at how man ever developed the technology to explore space in the first place.

But save a bit of movie-lover's awe, too, for Cuaron, who has many of us feeling closer to space than we've ever felt before.

"Gravity," a Warner Bros. release, is rated PG-13 by the Motion Picture Association of America for "intense perilous sequences, some disturbing images and brief strong language." Running time: 90 minutes. Four stars out of four.

MPAA definition of PG-13: Parents strongly cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.

Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 07 Oct 2013, 23:36

Sorry I didn't have enough internet connection to put the picture but it's one we have here anyway.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 08 Oct 2013, 01:41

Another enthusiastic review

Space Drama Thrills
'Gravity' immerses audience in adventure through outer space
Sandra Bullock stars as Ryan Stone in Warner Bros. Pictures dramtic thriller, Gravity.
Buy this photo

Posted: Friday, October 4, 2013 10:21 am
BY MICHAEL SMITH
World Scene Writer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Few movies can combine sheer terror with exquisite beauty and innovative filmmaking in the way that "Gravity" does, putting its audience in outer space at the start of the film and leaving us there, stranded and alone with Sandra Bullock.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This space opera's can't- look-away hold on the audience demands that you mentally buckle yourself in to your theater seat for the next 90 minutes. Ifs something like being strapped into one of those thrill rides at the fair, and the ticket-tak- er just won't let you return to terra firma, and you're OK with that.

It literally feels as though the action is taking place in outer space, thanks to director Alfonso Cuaron and cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki. These science-fiction thrills are as immersive an experience as we've seen since "Avatar," and it is Academy Award-caliber work that will leave some wonder- ing how it was accomplished.

REVIEW
'GRAVITY'
Cast: Sandra Bullock, George Clooney
Theaters:(IMAX 3-D) Cinemark Tulsa, AMC Sou- throads 20; (3-D) (2-D)
Running time: 1hour, 30 minutes
Rated:PG-13 (intense perilous sequences, some disturbing images and brief strong language)
Quality: -(on a scale of zero to four stars)

I saw this picture, starring Bullock and George Clooney as American astronauts stranded in perilous conditions, in 2-D. I'm looking forward to seeing it in 3-D on the giant-screen IMAX format for the increased sense-of-wonder effect.

Floating, spinning, twirling — everything is in movement from the start of the film and all of it set hundreds of miles from Earth. This is where we find Ryan Stone (Bullock), a medical engineer, and Matt Kowalski (Clooney), an astronaut, making a repair outside of their shuttle when space debris storms into them and their ship.
Her tether breaks, sending her spinning out of control as the pieces of a former satellite (now turned into shrapnel) go flying past, leaving Kowalski in his jet pack attempting to retrieve her so both can try to reach the nearby International Space Station before their oxygen and energy run out.

"Gravity" is one big "wow" moment after another not only in the sheer immensity of locale and the view of the Earth in the background, but also in the early framing of the thriller elements.

There is no air pressure, no oxygen and no possibility of surviving in space, where you can burn to death or freeze to death depending on where you are. There is such a sense of helplessness that you can't help but twitch in your seat from the intensity.
Less effective is the storyline once we get to know our two characters better. It's important to know that Bullock and Clooney are the entire cast, with Bullock solo for most of the picture.

(But it is a nice touch in the opening minutes, when they have contact with mission control in Houston, to hear the voice of University of Oklahoma theater graduate Ed Harris; in one of his Oscar-nominated roles, he was in mission control in"Apollo 13").

Bullock's character being lost in space is not that different spiritually from her character on Earth, we learr She is a woman who, as Stone explains to Kowalski i a moment of calm, has been consumed by her work as a doctor and becoming a partner with the space program, which keeps her mind off the death of her young daughter in an accident.
Her reaction to the death, she explains, is that when she is not at work, she can be found driving around, aimlessly, drifting from one place to another — or, in spirit, essentially the same activity as she undergoes in this movie.

It could be that the breathtaking technical and visual achievements dwarf how simplistic this story wrinkle feels during the rescue attempt to return to Earth — will you continue to drift through life, Dr. Stone, or choose to live?

But a good degree of fault falls on Bullock. They can give her an Oscar for "The Blind Side," but that doesn't make her a great dramatic actress when she has no access to comedy at her disposal.

Clooney is so good as the calm veteran astronaut, delivering all the right words to soothe the rookie space-woman, with a cool demeanor that's aware of the seriousness of the situation but without going into the awkward, comedic panic mode that Bullock too often adopts — including here to a small degree.

I was largely mesmerized by this motion picture from Cuaron, the director responsible for one of the best children's films (1995's "The Little Princess"), one of the best foreign films of recent years ("Y Tu Mama Tam- bien"), one of the best Harry Potter pictures ("Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban") and one of the great science- fiction movies ("Children of Men") of this century.

But I couldn't help but think that if the roles had been reversed, with Clooney saying the same words as Bullock, it would have added a needed level of gravitas to "Gravity."

Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 08 Oct 2013, 06:19

I watched the movie tonight and it was amazing. I watched it in 2D as I get motion sick so can't do 3D. But the story was amazing. There was not one moment where I felt it was slow. It was always thrilling and if not thrilling then it was emotional. Had tears few times in my eyes Rolling Eyes

When the movie finished I was like "What already". Feels like a short movie. Really enjoyed it. But wished George would have been longe rin the movie. You really need to watch it. 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 08 Oct 2013, 07:03

those tears scare me....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down