George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong

+3
Katiedot
silly girl
Nicky80
7 posters

Go down

George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong Empty George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong

Post by Nicky80 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 20:27

It's official. Hollywood North means the North Okanagan.

The Okanagan Film Commission has confirmed that Walt Disney Pictures will begin filming Tomorrowland in the Enderby, Grindrod and Armstrong areas Monday. The film, which starts George Clooney and Hugh Laurie, will be shot off and on locally until mid-September.

“Having a film, cast and crew of this caliber coming to the Okanagan to shoot is a highlight in the history of filming in the Okanagan," said Jon Summerland, with the Okanagan Film Commission.

"We will definitely see an increase in popularity for filming in the Okanagan after the release of this film on Dec.12, 2014. Being in the company of as many Oscar winning filmmakers and actors is also a highlight in my career so far.”

Look for more in Friday's Morning Star.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong Empty Re: George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong

Post by silly girl Wed 14 Aug 2013, 20:36

There have been some tweets saying he won't start for another month....someone even quoted his PR people....of course all the speculation would go away if he would just show himself....just once before Venice.... Wink

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong Empty Re: George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong

Post by Nicky80 Wed 14 Aug 2013, 20:39

I believe too he will start later. Articals earlier on mentioned November so we will see Wink 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 16 Aug 2013, 12:06

Disney film boosts local economy

George Clooney, along with Hugh Laurie, star in Disney's Tomorrowland, which is being filmed in the Enderby area beginning Monday.

Walt Disney Pictures’ Tomorrowland, starring George Clooney and Hugh Laurie, begins shooting in Enderby, Grindrod and Armstrong Monday.

“This has blown away any movie we’ve ever had before,” said Jon Summerland, the Okanagan’s film commissioner, of Tomorrowland and its $250 million budget.

“It’s the biggest thing I’ve ever seen.”

Other communities were also considered for filming, which will continue off and on until mid-September, but the North Okanagan was ultimately selected.

“We were looking for a particular farm setting and we found it,” said Lee Anne Muldoon, Tomorrowland publicist.

Discussions have been underway between the Okanagan Film Commission and Disney officials since last year.

“Without the film commission working tirelessly on this project, there is no doubt the movie would have located elsewhere,” said John Trainor, OFC chairperson and an Armstrong city councillor.

No details are being released about specific locations, and because it will be a closed set, locals will not be able to mingle with the stars.

“Mr. Clooney will not be with us all of the time,” said Muldoon.

Besides the cast, there will be a crew of about 300 people.

“They will hire very few locals but the crew will be in every hotel and every restaurant,” said Summerland of the potential economic impact.

“There won’t be one company that won’t be touched some how.”

And there could be benefits long-term as the OFC tries to draw other productions to the region.

“It will be a major sales tool for us,” said Summerland.

“I will be going to every producer about this.”

Summerland also anticipates Tomorrowland could influence people making vacation plans.

“This is a Lord of the Rings. People will come to Enderby to see where Tomorrowland was shot,” he said.

The Enderby Chamber of Commerce is also looking at how to capitalize on the movie.

“Our best approach is to use these events as a way to reposition our city as an area that is suitable to host large events and/or productions,” said Corinne Peard, chamber general manager.

“We have beautiful landscape and agricultural land that mirrors larger areas yet we have small town appeal that provides unique shopping experiences, small eateries serving up locally produced food and great community spirit.”

Parts of Tomorrowland, which will be released Dec. 12, 2014, are also being filmed in Alberta, Vancouver, France and Florida.

“The main place, though, is Enderby,” said Summerland.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 16 Aug 2013, 13:12

Wow....well done Mel.....that was quick ! Coolio 

Mel's Main Street Pizza, Enderby.

Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 16 Aug 2013, 13:23

Gotta make some money somehow. And we know George loves pizza and he will love to eat me, oops mine!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Aug 2013, 13:57

Jo!
Your best avatar !!!!! Laughing 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 16 Aug 2013, 14:01

Lol....glad you like it IM !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 17:28

Yeah love it too Joanna, to be honest it took me a minute to see who your Avatar was. I was like "Why does she choose a different man" hahaha

So if George will not be on the set all te time he will do a lot of travel between LA and Canada.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 16 Aug 2013, 19:00

Why do they keep saying that the filming will continue until mid September if that's the main shooting area? Filming ends January 15, I read. If true that would be great maybe George won't have to be in the severe cold weather again.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 16 Aug 2013, 20:05

I think maybe they mean at that location. Hope that helps.....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney film confirmed for Enderby/Armstrong Empty Hollywood stars not expected in Penticton

Post by Mazy Fri 16 Aug 2013, 23:50

Hollywood stars not expected in Penticton

By Steve Kidd - Penticton Western News
Published: August 15, 2013 4:00 PM
Updated: August 15, 2013 4:06 PM

Despite some hopeful rumours, don’t expect to see George Clooney, Hugh Laurie or any of the cast of Tomorrowland shooting in Summerland over the next month.

“I think people are confusing it with my name,” said Jon Summerland, the Okanagan film commissioner. All the scenes for Tomorrowland will be shot around Enderby, starting on Aug. 19.

“We have had a shoot there (Summerland) already this year, and we have another one looking, but they’re not in the same realm,” said Summerland.

“They are Lifetime channel movie of the weeks, which are still great, they employ a lot of people and they’re fabulous, but there is no George Clooney.”

So, unless Clooney decides to come visit the Penticton Farmers Market or other area attractions, people in the South Okanagan are unlikely to catch a glimpse.

He should be easy to spot though, if he does do some touring; he’ll be the guy wearing dark sunglasses and sweating under a bushy false beard.

But there is hope, Summerland said, for some star sightings in the South Okanagan next year.

“There is definitely a very large movie on the heels of this very large movie that is looking predominantly down south.

It probably won’t book until February, and shoot in April/May,” he said adding that it is just as high profile as Tomorrowland. “They aren’t just sort of looking, they’ve been here a number of times.”

Tomorrowland, according to Summerland, is something of a breakthrough movie for the Okanagan film industry. Even though he has a long history in the film industry, Summerland admits he was awestruck of the group that came through for the final location scout.

“There were 21 of them and every one of them had won Oscars,” said Summerland.

“This was not a small boutique company. This was the guys. If you think of a movie that you love, one of the guys in that group worked on that movie.”

Summerland drove them all over the region including the South Okanagan, but it was Enderby that had the look and feel they wanted.

“We want this to showcase our area, because this is it. This is the one that is going to take us to the next level,” said Summerland. “It is a major production and if they have a pleasant experience here, who knows.”

The region is getting more attention from the film industry, Summerland said, with more productions planning to shoot here all the time.

“The Okanagan is getting almost too big for my little budget to handle. I’ve got two films scouting, one film shooting, and another one where the director is in town with a scout,” said Summerland.

“That’s the  way it’s been all year, we’ve had non stop activity. But it gets expensive for a tiny little budget like this.”

Last edited by Mazy on Sat 17 Aug 2013, 01:55; edited 1 time in total
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 17 Aug 2013, 00:05

Oh well
Thanks!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 17 Aug 2013, 17:12

Ok so false alarm. All eyes back to Italy  LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down