George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney, alcoholic or just having a good time? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney, alcoholic or just having a good time? - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney, alcoholic or just having a good time? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney, alcoholic or just having a good time? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney, alcoholic or just having a good time? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney, alcoholic or just having a good time? - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney, alcoholic or just having a good time? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney, alcoholic or just having a good time? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney, alcoholic or just having a good time? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney, alcoholic or just having a good time?

+26
Carla97
amaretti
Joanna
Dior
GiGi
Nicky80
noodle
Picachu
very vera
Juliette Hardy
What Would He Say
Carolina Gal
playfuldeb
Barbara Garabedian
annemarie
phys major
LornaDoone
melbert
fava
party animal - not!
silly girl
Lighterside
it's me
Mazy
Atalante
Katiedot
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney, alcoholic or just having a good time? - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney, alcoholic or just having a good time?

Post by very vera Sat 29 Jun 2013, 16:33

YES MELBERT!

( with that creepy avatar and all) LOL

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, alcoholic or just having a good time? - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney, alcoholic or just having a good time?

Post by GiGi Sat 29 Jun 2013, 16:40

I bet George has fun whether he drinks or not. He would be in my top 5 list of celebrities I'd like to have a drink with. He seems to be kind and interesting. Drink 3
GiGi
GiGi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sat 29 Jun 2013, 18:01

very vera wrote:
i think everyone should look at my avatar and learn something. i am thinking of others here when i posted this...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very Happy
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Sat 29 Jun 2013, 18:11

LOL Sharing Dior LOL

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sat 29 Jun 2013, 18:22

Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 29 Jun 2013, 18:24

Oh Dearest Dior....don't do that again !!
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 29 Jun 2013, 18:27

i like your avatar Joanna, that's what i try and do but not so easy at work!!!!
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Sat 29 Jun 2013, 18:30

Love your avatar Joanna!! i stay far away from negative people

( and people who don't apologize LOL )

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sat 29 Jun 2013, 19:35

Joanna wrote:Oh Dearest Dior....don't do that again !!

No, Joanna, of course not.

That was a thing called "joke", you know...

Smile
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 29 Jun 2013, 19:48

Yes I know....so was mine.....good aye ? Lol

(We'll be in such trouble for being off topic again)
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 29 Jun 2013, 19:50

Picachu wrote:i like your avatar Joanna, that's what i try and do but not so easy at work!!!!

I know....it's not easy anywhere you are !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 29 Jun 2013, 20:02

Coming back on topic......

Having researched George Clooney for over 20 odd years, I don't think for one minute he is an alcoholic.

His film work and humanitarian work is consistently of
such a high standard and he has the respect and affection from his peers.
And no....he's not a saint IMO.....after all, no one is in
this life.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sat 29 Jun 2013, 23:08

Joanna wrote:Yes I know....so was mine.....good aye ? Lol

(We'll be in such trouble for being off topic again)

Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 30 Jun 2013, 00:14

Oh yes D D.....
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 30 Jun 2013, 00:19

So cute . Very Happy 

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 30 Jun 2013, 00:46

Lighterside said[b][/b
Vera, ok I'll play...did you apologize for calling George an alcoholic, which is what started this conversation?  No, I thought not.  And did you apologize to noodle for calling her "sarcastic one"?  Again no, you didn't because you didn't seem to care what you said to or about others, you would like to make this about you and only you.  I suggest you examine at that.  

You came here yesterday disparaging George and making rude comments on multiple threads trying to get a reaction and you got one.

by Joanna on Sat Jun 29 2013, 15:02

Coming back on topic......

Having researched George Clooney for over 20 odd years, I don't think for one minute he is an alcoholic.

His film work and humanitarian work is consistently of
such a high standard and he has the respect and affection from his peers.
And no....he's not a saint IMO.....after all, no one is in
this life.

Both of these are very true, Vera you appeared to be out to get George. Something has got you ticked off again, I even asked you to please not to be upset.

I also have an enormous file on George activities, except GF I don't save that. I like many others have lived with addiction around me. I honestly do not believe in any shape or foam that George is an alcoholic. he's a Hell Raiser maybe but he doesn't need to be drinking to do that.

Also George like many of us has mellowed with age, his celebrated persona lives on. What would sooo many have to poke fun at if not George. He is a wonderful human being and does so much good. He does not drink because he has to he drinks because he enjoys having a drink. Alcoholic don't have a glass of wine with dinner that might have a snack with their booze.

I think maybe you need to relax a little and I mean that in a kind way. God Bless

Zen 
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Sun 30 Jun 2013, 00:52

researched George Clooney??? Hmm I wondered about some of the people on these boards. this explains alot

i spent the day with family, worked on a movie and my acting career and you are stalking george clooney...... Ooooookay

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 30 Jun 2013, 00:59

Vera, stop it. Now you are mocking people. Just stop it. If you're that so unhappy with George once again, then don't comment. JMHAO
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 30 Jun 2013, 00:59

very vera wrote:
Lighterside wrote:Have a nice day Vera...we're done talking about this now.

That's fine i will let Katie decide what to do about you name calling yesterday
You're overreacting yet again. She said she thought something you wrote sounded smug. That was all. Let it go and stop inventing insults where there aren't any.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 30 Jun 2013, 01:04

very vera wrote:researched George Clooney??? Hmm I wondered about some of the people on these boards. this explains alot

i spent the day with family, worked on a movie and my acting career and you are stalking george clooney...... Ooooookay

Yes Vera, researched George. I am glad that you have a life outside of here. It is no secret how I feel about George long before I came here. it is a blessing and a curse to love someone so unobtainable. However because I have learned so much about all the other things that started because of him. I now feel like I am doing something (in a small) to help others and I have George and my love for him to thank for that. I am not so much concerned about myself.

I'm glad this explains something for you and gave you some insight.

Zen 
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Sun 30 Jun 2013, 01:08

melbert wrote:Vera, stop it.  Now you are mocking people.  Just stop it.  If you're that so unhappy with George once again, then don't comment.  JMHAO

okay i am very sorry. I didn't realize i was mocking people

Just do me a favor and take down the mass murderer picture of him
and I will stop
I am not unhappy with anyone except people that don't apologize and will never realize they did anything wrong
and i'm not overreacting. if someone  called you something offensive how would you feel.

Okay I APOLOGIZE!!

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 30 Jun 2013, 01:21

very vera wrote:There have been numerous sightings of him with alcohol and  I THINK the numerous accounts do add up. not just four or five accounted but NUMEROUS i have noticed these things

I'm seen on a daily basis hugging a bottle....Where I live you would never visit or drop in to a friend with "your hands hanging" or "one hand hanging longer than the other" (that means empty handed - and not in a good way).  Having said that, once I enter the home with my bottle under my arm, we invariably have a pot of tea and a biscuit.
Soooo you never can tell, seeing is not always to be believed......X

Rolling Eyes

It's getting a bit heated, I should have bought a bottle, I only dropped in to be cheered up....Sad 
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Dec 2013, 07:23

At risk of bringing up this contentious subject again, here's what George had to say in the January 2014 UK Esquire interview:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 14 Dec 2013, 10:21

Well happens to everyone
if you have too much to drink it´s not fun time anymore to anyone really

But I don´t understand people who are saying (and never drink at all) that "you do not need to drink in order to have fun"... after couple of glasses it usually is MORE FUN.
à votre santé!  Smile 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sat 14 Dec 2013, 13:02

As I have said before I believe George is an alcoholic. His friend matt has obviously noticed it too. The fact George is speaking about makes me believe he also realizes it..that Is the first step.
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 14 Dec 2013, 13:46

He's just like his uncle George, isn't he ?  LOL! 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 14 Dec 2013, 14:19

no funny to me
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 14 Dec 2013, 15:31

I think he can have fun without drinking too much .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 14 Dec 2013, 16:18

Alcoholics don't (can't) cut down on their drinking just because someone pulls them aside and tells them it's too much. But someone with self-insight, humility, and respect for his friends would.

I personally find this topic distasteful and disrespectful, and think it should be locked -- or better yet, deleted.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 14 Dec 2013, 17:37

And yet George discusses this topic with various journalists who will print it in magazines and speak about it in media shows for millions of people to see. Here perhaps a couple hundred people see the topic.

Way2 if George doesn't find the topic distasteful where millions of people will be reading about it or seeing it on TV, I can't for the life of me understand why you would. JMO
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 14 Dec 2013, 17:51

Am confused.Are we talking here about the guy who stopped drinking for a couple of months before the Oscars/Golden Globes, becos he knew there was going to be alot of boozing then?

And I thought that the one person His Nibs DIDN'T want to emulate was his uncle, who said at the end 'What a waste'

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 14 Dec 2013, 19:03

LornaDoone wrote:And yet George discusses this topic with various journalists who will print it in magazines and speak about it in media shows for millions of people to see.  Here perhaps a couple hundred people see the topic.

Way2 if George doesn't find the topic distasteful where millions of people will be reading about it or seeing it on TV, I can't for the life of me understand why you would.  JMO

I think there's a huge difference between relating a story about a period of time when something got out of hand, and you corrected it partly because of a friendship that you value, and being questioned about having a chronic and incurable addiction.

And I didn't say George found it distasteful or disrespectful. I said I did. But that's apparently just me. Easily fixable; I just won't read or contribute to the thread. Plenty else here for me to enjoy.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 14 Dec 2013, 20:33

Well I see what way2old4dis is saying, it can be dangerous flirting with the issue. I don´t mean that it is an issue for him, but people can get wrong idea.
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 14 Dec 2013, 22:44

Let's pay attention to what we write, get drunk every now does not mean being an alcoholic, an alcoholic is not able to concentrate and work, George works a lot and is able to focus (otherwise you could not learn scripts and directing films) but occasionally drink and perhaps exaggerated but isn't an alcoholic , an alcoholist is who drinks from morning to night and can not stop. Think it is appropriate utilize words correctly!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Sun 15 Dec 2013, 11:18

Alcoholics conjure up images of dysfunctional dependence.
George Clooney has accomplished more than most people ever would in their lifetime.  He's disciplined enough to work on tight schedules, meet deadlines, produce creative work, promote himself in the media and contribute significantly to his humanitarian & political pursuits.

Alcohol in moderation is actually beneficial. Wine is full of antioxidants. And after all his hard work, he surely can enjoy a few leisurely drinks to unwind.

Drink 3

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 11:21

Amen. Ocean.  Thumbs up! 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by traone Sun 15 Dec 2013, 18:54

I was in therapy for years because of an alcoholic father. I am NO expert, but what I did learn was that there are all different types of alcoholics: there is the highly functioning weekend drunk(which was mostly what my father was), for the most part, they can go thru the entire work week(Mon.-Fri.)with no alcohol at all, but come Sat. morn, they start drinking and don't stop until they literally pass out!  Then there is the social alcoholic: they drink only when they go out with family/friends...and it may only be any where from 3-9 times a year.  Then there's the In the Dark Drunk: these keep to themselves. Noone knows they drink, not even husbands, family or friends, and when they drink, half the time they don't even get drunk.  
   The one thing all alcoholics have in common, is that no matter when they drink, or how much they drink, it's an inner urge they have that they can't control, no matter how hard they try.
And that's why Alcoholics Anonymous was developed, thank goodness for whoever founded it!!!
traone
traone
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Dec 2013, 04:24

Way2Old4Dis wrote: Alcoholics don't (can't) cut down on their drinking just because someone pulls them aside and tells them it's too much. But someone with self-insight, humility, and respect for his friends would.
Same here. Maybe he did go through a phase when he was overdoing it, but the fact that he apparently seemed to be able to cut back when it was pointed out to him says to me he's not an alcoholic. Assuming that was the truth, of course!

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I personally find this topic distasteful and disrespectful, and think it should be locked -- or better yet, deleted.
Fair point, however this site covers any and all stories about George; the good, the bad, the ugly and the outright ridiculous. I'm not a fan of sites where posters only gush over the celebrity and equally I'm not a fan of sites where people just tear the celebrity apart. I try to keep some sort of balance here (weighted slightly more towards the gushy side, I admit!) and as long as there are fans who think George is/was/may have issues with alcohol, I think they can have a voice. Lord knows, I allow all the other crackpot theories here too!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 16 Dec 2013, 12:17

When people our uneducated on the disease called alcoholism they make comments such as the one said above..Alcoholics always try to cut back to prove to themselves they are fine..there are millions of functioning alcoholics..
It seems to me if you weren't educated on skin cancer u won't make a comment that would deter a person from getting medical help.
It is irrelevant whether you feel George is an alcoholic or not the fact that you are weighing in on this subject with such determination, without, knowledge, on this subject, could be costing another reader, on here, there lives or there loved ones..
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 16 Dec 2013, 12:29

Shame people think it's disrespectful to talk about a DISEASE! yet don't have a problem talking about George F...ing a 20 something year old.
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 16 Dec 2013, 12:35

Here is a little Fact for you to Chew on..Out of three Alcoholics...
One will go on to become sober
One will fight the rest of his life with starting and stopping, then starting and stopping again.
One will DIE from the Disease!
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 16 Dec 2013, 12:38

Odd comparison. Alcoholism is a problem but having a younger lady friend is not (necessarily). It depends what he is looking for (if anything) and what she has got to offer. If it´s just that she is young at the moment. Well age and gravity will take a toll on her too... so
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 16 Dec 2013, 12:51

One more thing the FACT that George's dear friend made a comment to him on his drinking is also an indication that there IS a problem! The fact that George IS willing to admit that publicly" makes ME, someone who is very educated on the subject (degrees and all) believe he also is having an issue with his drinking.
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 16 Dec 2013, 12:55

Carla to you it may be an odd comparison, having been hit on my whole life by older men I find it somewhat Gross..
I don't find alcoholism to be Gross nor do I find any disease to be..
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Mon 16 Dec 2013, 13:27

I agree with phys major about generation older individuals pursuing younger ones for sexual gratification or companionship. There's a sickening, unbalanced notion of psychological disturbance.
Total incompatibility. Yes, it's gross.
An insecure mid-life crisis stricken man usually pays or buys his way to pursue younger, avaricious or impoverished women because he has a complex about his waning virility or desirability. That's always the case.

I too have blatantly rejected any such advances, even when the offender (because that's what these insecure men are) was someone I admired.  I think 10 years is the maximum age difference that's tolerable. Although psychologists say 2-5 years in general is the optimum.

Alcoholism, though is an addiction like compulsive eating, narcotics,  gambling, sex, even shopping.
If George was a functioning alcoholic, given he accomplishes so much creative work, maintains a disciplined schedule, etc, then he must know how to control it or restrict it to his private time.
It would affect his health in the long run and possibly suffer longterm repercussions.
But if he recognizes it and has mentioned that his true friends care enough to speak out, then he's already started to control it. Awareness & acceptance are the first steps.

Addiction is overcome with willpower or determination.
From my observation (in the media: events, socially, etc) I think he may just drink a little too much occasionally when he's tired or sleepless, & just enjoying himself. He sort of loses his inhibitions and just becomes louder, more boisterous and jokes around.  But not that he loses control or over-indulges on a regular basis. Just an assumption given his work ethic... But I don't know for sure.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 16 Dec 2013, 14:43

lelacorb wrote:Let's pay attention to what we write, get drunk every now  does not mean being an alcoholic, an alcoholic is not able to concentrate and work, George works a lot and is able to focus (otherwise you could not learn scripts and directing films) but occasionally drink and perhaps exaggerated but isn't an alcoholic , an alcoholist is who drinks from morning to night and can not stop. Think it is appropriate utilize words correctly!

Again another FALSE statement from someone uneducated on the subject..Do you have any idea how many CEO"s and other Individuals in high areas of respect are Alcoholics?
Proved FACT again, Alcohols have higher IQs than the average person!!! Therefore they can and do function where others could not.

Why do some of you only adhere to the assumption that alcohols are homeless people on the street? Many people have and do function in the business world with this Disease until the day they die from it.
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Mon 16 Dec 2013, 14:53

The problem with the word control, Ocean, is that happens to be what alcohols use quite often. This is a word that gives them the opportunity to continue to be in denial about there disease.
That is where a higher power comes in with the AA program..Alcohols know they cannot control there disease.
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Mon 16 Dec 2013, 15:49

Again I agree alcoholism is no reflection of intelligence. I think it's a dependence that develops for escapism. Maybe some are sensitive people. Like dopamine effect surges similar to sugar addiction or narcotics.

Many alcoholics I've known were highly intelligent. Some totally recovered with determination.
But most were in denial.  Strange... If you'd ask them if they've had "one too many"  they'd get all defensive or even aggressive.
Some were academics. One professor would even smuggle a pewter flask to our lectures.  
They'd occasionally lose control.
But you don't see George losing control publicly. That's why I wasn't sure if he does drink too much.
If what you feel is correct, phys major, I hope he modifies it. Just to avoid liver damage in the long run. At least he admits so in the interview. So....

In most cases of addiction, people are nurturing some inner turmoil by this form of substance abuse dependence.
It's escapism. Those who recover, learn to deal with the source of their issues rather than escape them. Then they can still enjoy their drinking in moderation. Or all other indulgences that became excesses.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 16 Dec 2013, 16:15

I think most ppl question their alcohol consumption at different stages in their lives.

Ppl question their motivation to drink, and equally their motivation to stop.

I LOVE a glass or 3 of good wine... any colour, no prejudice ...all welcome!

BUT if I'm trying to shape up, I know I can't touch one solitary drop...if I do I might as well not diet or exercise, for me that's a fact, and a great personal motivator NOT to ...

I also find that wine depletes the nutritional content ( or absorption ) of an otherwise very healthy meal... So yet another motivator NOT to....

However, as I already said, I LOVE A GARGLE... So I treat it with the respect you would give a lover ....

We go out and enjoy our times together.

We are never "over available" we keep the anticipation and freshness in the relationship.

I am never needy or greedy for it, when it is in full flow and free.

I am conscience that I need it to hold my hand tight, when I'm scared or nervous or just feel out of my depth ... In this instance I have found the first hold is the best and tightest, so hang on to the first glass all night if I have to...

The bottom line is that for each of us, we have differing ways of dealing with, and motivation around our everyday drug of choice....

Some ppl cross the line, and as was said above, there is sadly no going back....

I love my ruby red, and my wheaten white too too much ... I hope never to cross that line,
And I will give it all the respect it requires in an effort never to abuse or take for granted the pleasure I get from it.

I would hope that George, being a far more intelligent bean than me, would already have a well worn strategy in place to deal with his love of a gargle.

Ps, tip.....just in case anyone on COH is struggling with motivation or adherence for anything in life, fish oil .... Bizarrely it helps ...x
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Mon 16 Dec 2013, 18:15

So eloquently put, wwhs.
Whatever any person's weakness is, they need to control it if it's detrimental to their wellbeing & health.
I can't say I've really noticed any photos of George losing control from alcohol.
 Laughing     Lying   Flashing    drunken 
At the Academy Awards in 2010, he was drinking & laughing on the red carpet but maybe that was like role playing in jest. A parody.

In October 2011, in London leaving China Tang he seemed rather tipsy, when he stepped on Stacy Kiebler's salmon dress & Brian Lourde was holding him by the elbow. Photos showed him so, but it was put down to ...flash photography??   Suspect 

If he ever had let loose by overindulging, it would be great if he has it under control now. Sometimes stress drives people to drinking too much too in order to unwind.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next