George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013

+19
Way2Old4Dis
niloufar
hana200369
m4rose
silly willy
pandabear
theminis
playfuldeb
Joanna
lelacorb
Lakin460
annemarie
Katiedot
party animal - not!
watching
Mazy
melbert
silly girl
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013 Empty Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013

Post by silly girl Sat 18 May 2013, 23:53

It is the 20th anniversary and I read where Harvey Weinstein is a big supporter.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013 Empty Re: Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013

Post by melbert Sun 19 May 2013, 00:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

DURAN DURAN, DAME SHIRLEY BASSEY, ELLIE GOULDING, HOT CHELLE RAE TO PERFORM AT amfAR GALA IN CANNES

SHARON STONE, JESSICA CHASTAIN, JANET JACKSON, HEIDI KLUM, MILLA JOVOVICH, CARINE ROITFELD, HARVEY WEINSTEIN Among Chairs

BOLD FILMS, LOVEGOLD, and BANK JULIUS BAER to Sponsor

New York, NY, May 7, 2013—Rock icons Duran Duran, the legendary Dame Shirley Bassey, British pop darling Ellie Goulding, and pop hit makers Hot Chelle Rae will perform at the 20th edition of amfAR’s world-renowned Cinema Against AIDS event, to be held on Thursday, May 23, 2013, during the Cannes International Film Festival.

Duran Duran, who have sold more than 100 million records throughout their storied career, will treat guests at Cinema Against AIDS to their only public performance of 2013. Dame Shirley Bassey, fresh off of a show-stopping performance at this year’s 85th Academy Awards, will make a special appearance at Cinema Against AIDS to sing a number of her much loved and celebrated songs. Ellie Goulding, one of the UK’s most exciting singer-songwriters, will inject her exuberant energy into the evening. And rounding out the line-up will be American Music Awards winner Hot Chelle Rae, whose just released single “Hung Up” follows their mega-smash hits “Tonight, Tonight” and “I Like it Like That,” which together have sold more than 6 million copies.

In addition to these electrifying musical performances, the event will include a parade of celebrities participating in the evening’s live auction, as well as a “The Ultimate Gold Collection Fashion Show,” curated by Carine Roitfeld. Forty top models will participate in the spectacular runway presentation of one-of-a-kind gold looks, which will also feature a range of gold jewelry from emerging and established designers.

Participating designers include Giorgio Armani, Burberry, Roberto Cavalli, Kenneth Cole, Comme des Garçons, Christian Dior, Fendi, Gucci, Givenchy, Michael Kors, Lanvin, Ralph Lauren, Marchesa, Alexander McQueen, Prada, Pucci, Tarun Tahiliani, Valentino, Versace, Louis Vuitton, and Alexander Wang, among many others. The models will be accessorized by some of the world’s most important gold jewelers, including Bulgari, Hoorsenbuhs, House of Waris, and Kimberly McDonald.

The fashion show will be streamed live exclusively on LoveGold.com on May 23, 2013. To watch the show live, go to LoveGold.com to sign up.

Cinema Against AIDS XX will feature an exhibition by iconic photographer Annie Leibovitz.
Roberto Cavalli will provide the design and décor for the gala dinner. The After Party will be presented by Moncler.

As previously announced, amfAR Global Fundraising Chairman Sharon Stone, amfAR Ambassadors Janet Jackson and Milla Jovovich, amfAR Chairman Kenneth Cole, Jessica Chastain, Heidi Klum, Naomi Campbell, Carine Roitfeld, and Harvey Weinstein will serve as chairs of the gala. Other event chairs include Aram Shishmanian, Milutin Gatsby, Michel Litvak, Roberto and Eva Cavalli, Sir Elton John and David Furnish, Vincent Roberti, Vladislav Doronin, Remo Ruffini, and Boris Collardi.

Cinema Against AIDS XX is presented by BOLD FILMS, LOVEGOLD, and BANK JULIUS BAER. Signature Sponsors are CHOPARD, MERCEDES-BENZ, and THE WEINSTEIN COMPANY. Moët Hennessy is a Grand Philanthropist.

The annual star-studded event, traditionally the most glamorous and unpredictable event held in conjunction with the Film Festival, will take place at the Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Antibes, France. Since amfAR’s late Founding International Chairman Dame Elizabeth Taylor hosted the first Cinema Against AIDS in 1993, the event has become the most coveted ticket in Cannes and has raised more than $80 million for essential AIDS research. +- Past events have been chaired by amfAR Global Fundraising Chairman Sharon Stone, President Bill Clinton, Demi Moore, Sir Elton John, and Madonna, among many others.

Like the epidemic itself, AIDS research knows no borders. amfAR’s programs have had a global reach since 1986, when the Foundation began awarding international grants. Today, amfAR continues to fund HIV/AIDS researchers worldwide and works to translate their research into effective policy, prevention, and treatment programs around the globe.

The event is produced by Andy Boose/AAB Productions.

For more information, visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
#amfARCannes

About amfAR
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, is one of the world’s leading nonprofit organizations dedicated to the support of HIV research, prevention, treatment education, and the advocacy of sound AIDS-related public policy. Since 1985, amfAR has invested more than $366 million in its programs and has awarded grants to more than 2,000 research teams worldwide.

Bold Films
Bold Films is an independent film finance and production company dedicated to finding original voices, nurturing the highest quality of craftsmanship, and creating an artistic haven for filmmakers. Bold produces smart, provocative feature films designed to appeal to our global partners and commercial audiences around the world.

LoveGold
LoveGold seeks out the world’s most beautiful gold jewelry, the designers creating it and the people wearing it.
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube

Bank Julius Baer
Julius Baer is the leading Swiss private banking group and a premium brand in global wealth management. Sophisticated private clients from around the globe have entrusted the bank, founded in 1890, with over USD 200 billion in assets. Julius Baer, which is particularly known for its independent investment advice and client-centric approach, operates in more than 20 countries and 40 locations worldwide. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Delta Air Lines is the Official Airline of amfAR
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013 Empty Re: Stacy Keibler at the AmFar Gala in Cannes 2013

Post by Mazy Sun 19 May 2013, 00:25

Is she attending or a paid guest. I think it was in Huff that I read that she was a "paid party goer." Not relating to Cannes 2013, just wondering if they have paid guests.

In an article I read "HARVEY WEINSTEIN" said:

Although August: Osage County producer George Clooney has been nearby in Europe shooting Monuments Men, he was among those absent for this event. “I was going to bring George Clooney in to introduce August: Osage County but I’m still pissed off about losing to Argo,” Weinstein joked. I think.
I will try to find the link.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 19 May 2013, 00:41

The Weinstein Company unveiled its slate for the year at the Cannes Film Festival on Friday, giving a glimpse of their game plan for Oscar season, which includes an intriguing documentary-style feature about the elusive writer J.D. Salinger, a biopic on Nelson Mandela and a southern vehicle for A-list Actresses, "August: Osage County."

The presentation included a small parade of stars, including Nicole Kidman, Rooney Mara, Michael B. Jordan and a host of other actors and directors joined by co-chairman Harvey Weinstein at the event. Weinstein joked that he would have invited George Clooney, a coproducer on "August," but he was still sore over losing the Best Picture Oscar to him this year with "Argo."

Also read: Michael B. Jordan on Playing a Black Superhero: 'I'm Up for It'

That doesn't mean TWC will be absent at the Oscars this year (they never are).

The most unusual film of a half-dozen unveiled was certainly "Salinger," a docu-style movie about the reclusive author of "Catcher in the Rye," who stopped publishing in the wake of that cult novel in 1965 and disappeared from public view. The stylish trailer included glimpses of interviews not only with former Salinger companion Joyce Maynard, but literary luminaries from Tom Wolfe to E.L. Doctorow to playwright David Guare.

Also read: Good Morning, Cannes: Paris Hilton Loved 'Bling Ring' - Now Can We Get Back to the Art Movies?

The most obvious Oscar bait – at least in the acting category – was a first look at "August: Osage County," based on the play, starring Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Chris Cooper, Ewan McGregor and Juliette Lewis. It also includes Abigail Breslin and my how Little Miss Sunshine has grown!

The film delves into the lives of the strong-willed women of the Weston family, starting with Streep, in a frowsy black wig (Weinstein told TheWrap this week that Streep went wandering through Wal-Marts late at night to prepare for the role), Roberts as her daughter returning during a family crisis and Lewis as her sister.

Looks like Streep gets in lots of zingers and embodies the tagline for the movie: “Misery loves family.”

Also read: The Weinstein Co. Pays $6 Million for Stephen Frears "Philomena"

The indie distributor will also be releasing "The Butler," about an African-American butler working in the White House during the Kennedy administration. The film features a star-studded cast including Forest Whitaker in the title role, Oprah Winfrey, Jane Fonda, Terrence Howard and Cuba Gooding, Jr.

But the bigger Oscar push is likely to be around "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom," starring Idris Elba as the inspiring South African leader and Naomie Harris as his wife Winnie. Weinstein said it has taken 16 years to get the film made. The footage shown was somewhat meager, but insiders say the studio is putting its weight behind the film as a serious contender.

At last year's Cannes, Weinstein unveiled footage from Oscar winners "Silver Linings Playbook" and "Django Unchained," among others.

Also read: The Latest Cannes Film Festival Deals

TWC had several other movies on the launch pad, including "Fruitvale Station," playing in Cannes in the Un Certain Regard section, along with Ryan Gosling's "Only God Forgives," which is in the main competition and featured a scene-chewing performance by Kristin Scott Thomas as a mafia dominatrix. Kidman will play Grace Kelly in "Grace"; "Immigrant" will star Marion Cotillard as a Polish immigrant to France in the 19th century who is turned to prostitution; "Aint Them Bodies Saints," the Sundance version of Bonnie and Clyde starring Rooney Mara and Casey Affleck as lover-outlaws; and a number of other titles.

Weinstein, wearing a tux, said he was going back to the office after the presentation to keep selling his movies to international partners. So goes Cannes.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 19 May 2013, 02:07

So that's how she got the invite.... Her new boss is using his position at the event so shill the shows his company makes.

I don't think she would get paid for this gig. It would be expected as part of her contract to promote and sell the show. Much like magazine write ups, radio / tv entertainment shows interviews, etc. This is just on a bigger scale. Her travel and accommodation would be covered. As would her stylist / hair / make up fees covered as her getting coverage attending the gala gets attention and coverage for Weinstein's show.

She must be loving this new gig - another older rich powerful man opening doors for her, getting her attention and into events (that she couldn't get to on her own) then picking up the tab. Just what she has dreamt of. If she is there on Weinstein's dime, do you think she will be obligated to wear the design's of his wife?? Maybe that doesn't matter if she can get the bf to turn up with her....

Isn't this the Cannes event where Sharon Stone MC and runs the auction??? It has been know to get a bit crazy.

And yes I will make the snarky comment - Stacy is supporting another charity. This time, AIDS.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 19 May 2013, 02:12

Lack of a better place I will put this here because Cannes 2013 is discussed.

HAMMOND ON CANNES: WEINSTEIN BRINGS OUT STARS FOR 2013 OSCAR CONTENDERS
By PETE HAMMONDFriday May 17, 2013 @ 1:30pm PDT

Following a relatively new tradition they started a few years ago, The Weinstein Company on Friday night brought together a group of buyers, partners and press to preview its 2013 slate and meet filmmakers and stars. Although Harvey Weinstein never once mentioned the word “Oscar”, you can tell that’s definitely what he is thinking with a diverse mix of prestige projects that should give the awards-happy company lots of campaign fodder for 2013. He said after a rocky start the company has had a very good last four years and for 2012 made more than they ever did at Miramax. He also made a plea to the international audience gathered for the presentation at the Majestic Hotel for the continued independence of European filmmaking, especially in light of problems with the European Cultural Initiative. “We can’t let Europe be the same like the United States. What’s great about European movies is they are different and as long as they reflect their culture there will always be special movies like Amour, which we didn’t release last year, and so many movies like that. So keep your eye on the newspaper when this stuff comes up for votes or things we can do to influence it, I think it’s very important,” he said.

After the 40-minute reel led by the August 16th release The Butler and ending with the long-gestating Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom, Weinstein told me, “It’s a very eclectic, hard-hitting lineup that I am really proud of. What am I going to say? I feel very confident about this year”. Though he may not have been directly making an Oscar-season pitch (thankfully that’s still many months off even for Harvey — well, maybe not), he did make an overt plea for his official competition entries Only God Forgives and The Immigrant when introducing Cannes jury member Nicole Kidman, star of the December 27th release Grace Of Monaco. “We have a member of the jury with us tonight and she has to go for a jury meeting to hopefully decide which movie of mine wins the Palme d’Or. I have certainly given Steven (jury president Spielberg) enough money over the years,” he said to big laughs.

Shortly after she arrived I asked Kidman how she is enjoying Cannes from a different point of view this year. She says seeing all the movies required for a jury member is daunting but “I am really loving it”. As for husband Keith Urban, who is now on a plane to join her after finishing judging duty himself last night on American Idol, she said she was waiting until he got here to find out who won, but she was happy to hear it was Candice Glover when I ended the suspense for her.

After a false start when Harvey introduced her to the crowd before she was ready (“the staff is all fired here”, he joked) she finally came up and did a pitch for Grace which was repped on the reel by five minutes of footage showing off what looks like a complex portrait of the movie star-turned-princess. Weinstein has given it a late December slot, obviously intended as Oscar bait. It is directed by Olivier Dahan who guided Marion Cotillard to Best Actress glory for La Vie En Rose. “I am so glad Harvey decided Grace was for him. Obviously it is fantastic to be back here introducing it because I spent a good portion of last year in this area making this film and got to know Grace very, very well. I researched her and fell in love with her”, Kidman said. A lot of the footage seemed to revolve around conflicts with her husband Prince Ranier (played by Tim Roth) and a possible return to Hollywood in 1963 after an absence of seven years to re-team with Alfred Hitchcock on Marnie — a comeback Grace Kelly wasn’t destined to make. (Tippi Hedren did the film and its troubled production ironically also recently became fodder for the HBO Emmy contender, The Girl) .

Among other segments shown tonight were clips from Ain’t Them Bodies Saints which the company has internationally; Wong Kar Wai’s martial arts movie The Grandmaster; the rags-to-riches story of Opera wunderkind Paul Potts titled One Chance; Sundance hit and Un Certain Regard contender Fruitvale Station, which won a 10-minute standing ovation after its Cannes premiere last night; the documentary Salinger about author J.D. Salinger; Mandela (which Weinstein promised is not an ordinary biopic); and the aforementioned competition entries The Immigrant and Only God Forgives, the latter showing off a sure-fire performance from Kristin Scott Thomas playing Ryan Gosling’s caustic mother that almost certainly will be up for prizes all the way to Oscar-time.

Also shown were trailers from the Meryl Streep-Julia Roberts pairing August: Osage County (watch that trailer here) and The Butler (see that one here) which the company recently announced would move from October to a mid-August opening instead, a strategic releasing decision I asked Weinstein about after the presentation. “We had a test screening and it tested through the roof and there was no movie of serious nature in August where Hope Springs, Julie And Julia and The Help did so well”, he said. “By August you will strangle yourself if you see one more superhero movie — at least I will strangle somebody. My mom and especially my mom’s group they will go, especially to see Oprah (Winfrey, who co-stars). It’s really good. It’s a Lee Daniels movie with his signature and it’s tough and smart”.
Before heading off into the night, the tuxedo-clad Weinstein brought up some of the filmmakers present including Rooney Mara, who exec produced and stars in Ain’t Them Bodies Saints; Mandela co-star Naomie Harris and producer Anant Singh, who told me he has been trying to bring this story to the screen since Nelson Mandela was in prison (“I have letters from him from his jail cell about this”); and Fruitvale Station cast members Octavia Spencer, Michael B. Jordan, Melonie Diaz and debuting director Ryan Coogler who turns 27 in a few days and was still in shock over the Cannes reception, he says. Spencer, excellent as Jordan’s mother, also has an executive producer credit but modestly sluffs it off, telling me, ” all I did was kind of pass around the collection plate when we needed some extra money to finish”.

Although August: Osage County producer George Clooney has been nearby in Europe shooting Monuments Men, he was among those absent for this event. “I was going to bring George Clooney in to introduce August: Osage County but I’m still pissed off about losing to Argo,” Weinstein joked. I think.

Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 19 May 2013, 02:18

watching wrote:So that's how she got the invite.... Her new boss is using his position at the event so shill the shows his company makes.

I don't think she would get paid for this gig. It would be expected as part of her contract to promote and sell the show. Much like magazine write ups, radio / tv entertainment shows interviews, etc. This is just on a bigger scale. Her travel and accommodation would be covered. As would her stylist / hair / make up fees covered as her getting coverage attending the gala gets attention and coverage for Weinstein's show.

She must be loving this new gig - another older rich powerful man opening doors for her, getting her attention and into events (that she couldn't get to on her own) then picking up the tab. Just what she has dreamt of. If she is there on Weinstein's dime, do you think she will be obligated to wear the design's of his wife?? Maybe that doesn't matter if she can get the bf to turn up with her....
Isn't this the Cannes event where Sharon Stone MC and runs the auction??? It has been know to get a bit crazy.

And yes I will make the snarky comment - Stacy is supporting another charity. This time, AIDS.

Be careful this one has a wife with teeth.
Yes on Sharon Stone.
Just thought of some... she could auction, but not nice.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 19 May 2013, 08:59

Might as well add one more.
Am I wrong or does this man love himself a little much.

NICOLE KIDMAN, OCTAVIA BUTLER, ROONEY MARA PROMOTE WEINSTEIN CO. PICS IN CANNES

May 17, 2013|Rachel Abrams | Variety
"Say something nice about me and the movie," Weinstein joked as Kidman walked to the microphone.

TWC screened footage from pics that ranged from civil rights era pic "The Butler" to J.D. Salinger docu "Salinger" to martial arts pic "The Grandmaster," and Weinstein expressed confidence in his diverse 2013 slate.

"This is not your daddy's HBO version of Mandela," he said.

Weinstein also showed clips from "Ain't them Bodies Saints," "Grace of Monaco," "Fruitvale Station" and "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" to a packed house at the Majestic Hotel at Cannes on Friday afternoon.
Other cast members on hand to lend support to upcoming pics included Octavia Spencer, Rooney Mara and Michael B. Jordan.

Weinstein joked that a member of the Cannes jury had to leave early "to figure out which one of my movies wins the Palme d'Or." TWC has "Only God Forgives" and "The Immigrant" in competition.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 19 May 2013, 23:09

Great finds everybody- Thank you!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 21 May 2013, 22:56

Sorry I am having trouble copying the text. This mentions SK going to an event tomorrow --- I think.

Last edited by silly girl on Tue 21 May 2013, 22:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : trying to copy)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 22 May 2013, 00:22

Hair and make up for the Cavalli boat dinner. Pics will be forthcoming considering Cavalli's famewhoring ways.

MICHAEL ASHTON ‏@michaelashton
great evening getting the beautiful Stacy Keibler #RedCarpet ready !! #CannesFilmFestival #MakeUp #Hair
1 hour ago

Last edited by watching on Wed 22 May 2013, 00:35; edited 1 time in total
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 22 May 2013, 00:34

Cavalli will be there.

Roberto Cavalli to Cannes, Vienna between fashion, film and charity
In Cannes as décor sponsor of amfAR Gala Dinner in Vienna as a guest designer for the grand parade of the Life Ball. The tour Life & Love of a representative of the Made in Italy

If there are those who still claims that Italian fashion is not glamorous and that abroad is appreciated artefact of Made in Italy that the Italian image, you should think again. And just see how much Italian fashion parade on the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival, which just mix in the international and glamor has built its highly successful global fame that goes beyond the movie buffs. But there is one more element, these days, to celebrate the international Italian fashion, and right from the spotlight of Cannes. The arcitaliano Roberto Cavalli, in fact, starts tomorrow evening for a long tourné the glamor of fashion, film and charity takes away from Cannes and ends Saturday night in Vienna. A path that follows Leiweb is to document the excellence of the Italian fashion system, both to celebrate the uniqueness of one of its members.

Here, then the stages of this charity ride & glamor of Roberto Cavalli. Cinema and fashion will meet tomorrow evening, May 22, at 21.30, when the port of Cannes converge the guests at the dinner party aboard the yacht RC where Eva and Roberto Cavalli have invited friends and celebrities, friends, already in Cannes to attend the 66th edition of the International Film Festival. On board are expected Sharon Stone, Kylie Minogue, Olivia Palermo, Johannes Huebl, Anya Rubik, Irina Shayk, Alessandra Ambrosio, Nick Rhodes, Adrien Brody, Afef Jnifen, Selita Ebanks, Ludivine Sagnier, Erin Heatherton, Liu Wen, Stacy Keibler. More than a festival, then, is a parade of stars that will take place on the boat Cavalli. A sparkling aperitif for the next evening in Cannes takes place when one of the most important events of fund raising for research HIV / AIDS, amfAR gala dinner (Foundation for AIDS Research), which will be held at the Hôtel du Cap-Eden -Roc in Cap d'Antibes. And that's where the glamor, fashion and love that expresses the Roberto Cavalli fashion meets charity dedicated to research and love for life: dining dinner at Eden Roc will contain 90 tables, each table will seat 10 invited, for a total of 900. Roberto Cavalli has the role of sponsor décor, so you will dine in a total Horses World constructed with woven zebra, tiger prints, plates and glasses from the gilt-edged, and other objects of the collection Roberto Cavalli Home. All covered by the floral creations made with lilacs, roses, orchids and Lathyrus Alessandra Rovati of Tearose who has worked in close collaboration with the Maison. Roberto and Eva Cavalli are divided into two tables of 90 and each room will host 9 friends, including Sharon Stone, Adrien Brody, Kylie Minogue, Andres Velencoso, Olivia Palermo, Anja Rubik, Karolina Kurkova, Liu Wen, Zhang Yuqi, Ludivine Sagnier and Josephine de la Baume. Before dinner, the fashion show organized by Carine Roitfeld, with clothes that decline the gold, the dress code of this year's gala, dinner and during the charity auction, where they will be beaten some of the unique pieces donated by Roberto Cavalli Home Eva and Roberto Cavalli.

It does not end here. The next day he flew to Vienna, where the commitment of Roberto Cavalli, in his knowing how to mix fashion, celebrities and charity, will have its climax. Saturday, May 25, in fact, takes place in Vienna Life Ball, the largest European event, and one of the largest in the world, which raises money to fund research against AIDS. But Life Ball has for years even the most exuberant event that involves the whole city and all the institutions of the Austrian capital: the party has as its central place in the Wiener Rathaus, the neo-Gothic palace more known in Europe and the town hall of the city, which is entirely made available to the citizens and the thousands of people who come from all over the world for that which every year becomes the largest celebration of love for life and that, in 2012, also saw the participation of Bill Clinton as a special guest. This year, the feast of the Life Ball is entitled Thousand and One Nights: nothing strange, then, that Roberto Cavalli animate the evening with a parade of his retrospective fashion, the fashion that surrounds every modern woman in the same mystery of the charm of Scheherazade (and by the way, also the Viennese women will enjoy the fashion of Horses in the boutique will be inaugurated on the 24th) And then, follow Leiweb on this grand tour of one of the representatives of the Made in Italy of fashion, glamor, cinema and charity.

Mr. Conserva - May 21, 2013

TAG: 66th Edition of the International Film Festival, Roberto Cavalli Home, Alessandra Rovati,

Link
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 May 2013, 19:51

Sorry folks, I just realised that all those photos were of the DiGrisogno event, not the AmFar event which is tonight. So I've moved them to a new thread.

Once the AmFar pics start coming out, please post 'em here. Thanks!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 23 May 2013, 01:46

Actually, I think that AmFar is tomorrow, the 23rd.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 23 May 2013, 02:09

Yes , Amfar is tomorrow night.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 23 May 2013, 05:40

Indeed it is! Must stop playing with my time machine Wink
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 23 May 2013, 19:31

Lots of arrivals....some outfits are crazy. Gotta say that Sharon Stone looks great again. She hasn't acted in anything in awhile---how does she live? Does Amfar pay her?

Anyway only one photo of SK that I can see but they keep adding more. Love the color of the dress but hate the "bow" top.....JMO

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 23 May 2013, 19:36

Thank you, SG. Amazing dress.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 23 May 2013, 19:46

Can somebody post the pic on here, please? The link won't open for me. Thanks.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 23 May 2013, 19:50

Try this link:

Last edited by silly girl on Thu 23 May 2013, 20:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added tweet photo)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 23 May 2013, 20:27

I like the dress she looks good.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 23 May 2013, 20:31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 23 May 2013, 20:32

lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 23 May 2013, 21:44

Fabulous look.....Old Hollywood glamour.
I like it.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 23 May 2013, 21:46

I agree Joanna, love the dress. But I feel she could do somthing different with her hair to keep the degree of class that the dress provides. It's like she's 80% of the way to looking fabulous and glamourous
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 23 May 2013, 21:49

Wow another great outfit, so love the colour, must say she's worn some lovely dresses of late.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 23 May 2013, 21:51

LOVE your avatar playful.....Wow !
One of yours ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 23 May 2013, 21:54

Thanks Joanna - no, not mine. but I intend to do a shoot like this. First I have to make the apparatus that the model is holding, and when my knee feels better, get a model out at the water's edge of the ocean at sunset. Im going to teach a class about shooting with flash and low lite sitautions and this idea is my ruse
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Thu 23 May 2013, 22:14

Loving the dress looks really good on her. The hair and makeup not so much. I agree with you playful the hair and makeup just doesn't match the class of the dress. She is 80% there.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 24 May 2013, 03:16

Love the colour, hate the neckline. Your boobs don't need a bow.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 24 May 2013, 04:35

Wow, another good dress - and this coming from someone who hates bows on dresses. Is she still with the same stylist? Because if so, she should pay him a performance bonus.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 24 May 2013, 05:00

Katiedot wrote:Wow, another good dress - and this coming from someone who hates bows on dresses. Is she still with the same stylist? Because if so, she should pay him a performance bonus.

I'm thinking the stylist doing her in Cannes is one for the show (provided by Harvey) and not Brad hence the improvement. Or at least, the reduction in way too short and tight outfits.

Brad Goreski did a little live tweeting re: outfits at amfar on his twitter (it seems like he is in LA and not there). No mention of Stacy so I don't think this is his work. He is always quick to claim "his girls" at the high end events.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 24 May 2013, 05:07

Stacy Keibler In Zac Posen – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Stacy Keibler was one of my favourites on the red carpet for the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala held at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Cap d’Antibes, France on Thursday evening. The actress stunned wearing a Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2013 mermaid creation.

Some of you have said that Zac Posen gowns can sometimes be overworked, but that cannot be said for this grape mermaid gown with a bow accented neckline. The hair might have needed a touch more va-va voom, but the rest of her styling was on point with a black Jimmy Choo clutch, Boucheron ‘Serpent Bohème’ ring and bracelets completing her BDOTW worthy look.

Link
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 24 May 2013, 07:47

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 24 May 2013, 07:49

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by silly willy Fri 24 May 2013, 08:34

I'm fairly new to this forum but a huge GC fan so I'm critical of his choice of women.

Once again she looks very pretty, as usual these days.

She must be absolutely thrilled to be there, having done little to warrant it. As sweet and gorgeous as she may be, I'm guessing she's a joke at Cannes. Her conversations with anyone must be fairly limited -- what can she talk about: her supermarket thingy...or life with George...or training back in the wrestling days?

Sorry - I have a problem with her. Stacy has no credentials and yet she's posing (and even her poses look staged and unnatural) in gowns at events. I'm wondering why/how she gets invited - are they pretending to be a couple, and if so, why would GC bother to front that? She's just so D-list in my view. Am I off on this one?

This little separation seems to indicate he's either had enough of her gig or this is a scheme for her to try to establish some independence and become someone other than GC's girlfriend.

Ok, now I feel a little better.

silly willy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 24 May 2013, 08:41

After party

Last edited by Katiedot on Fri 24 May 2013, 08:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tried to delete the empty space.)
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 24 May 2013, 08:45

Thanks Lelacorb. A change of dress?

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 24 May 2013, 09:41

Here's a few more pics:

She makes a pretty present! Stacy Keibler wraps up in a purple bow gown for Cannes Film Festival fundraising gala

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

PUBLISHED: 01:51 GMT, 24 May 2013

Stacy Keibler had an extra gift to give as she arrived at the annual Cannes Film Festival fundraising gala on Thursday in a stunning and striking ensemble.

The former wrestler was reminiscent of a present as she dressed in a satin grape coloured gown with a huge bow across the bust. The 33-year-old model stood out among the sea of white, which many other attendees had opted for, at the 2013 amfar Cinema Against Aids gala in Antibes, France.

Gift wrapped: Stacy Keibler stunned in a purple gown featuring a huge bow as she attended the amfAR Cinema Against Aids gala as part of the Cannes Film Festival on Thursday
Stacy brightened the affair in her purple Zac Posen pre-fall 2013 mermaid gown and accessorised with a black Jimmy Choo clutch, bracelets and earrings.

She showed off her natural beauty with minimal make-up and displayed an even tan along her golden toned arms. Stacy opted for a low-key hairstyle with her blonde tresses loosely tied up.

A bright spark: Stacy stood out in the grape gown as a contingent favoured white for the charity event

She cut a slender figure in the deep purple gown and certainly stood out as she rubbed shoulders with A-listers who opted for white.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, 26, lead the way in a strapless creation and Sharon Stone, 55, continued the trend in a floor-length gown with a dramatic long train. Kylie Minogue took the red carpet at the gala event in a plunging white number by Roberto Cavalli and Heidi Klum showed off her California tan in a strapless number with gold detailing on the bust.

Easy elegance: Stacy glowed in the Zac Posen dress and wisely decided to keep her hair and make-up simple

Stacy has been enjoying the Cannes Film Festival while her boyfriend George Clooney is also in Europe working on his his latest project The Monuments Men. George has been filming in Germany but was spotted in London on Wednesday taking a break and enjoying the Japanese delights of Nobu restaurant.

The Hollywood heartthrob's latest movie is a World War II epic that follows the story of art historians and museum curators striving to recover stolen artifacts and artwork from Hitler before they are destroyed.

George has taken on writing, producing, directing and acting duties for the film and will portray George Stout, an art curator and soldier who leads the mission to save the cultural items.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Fri 24 May 2013, 14:00

I think she looks nice here but feel sorry for her in the way that when this does end, if it does, the drop will be long and hard. Hope she is prepared for it. If not, well it will suck to be her. But in the mean time, enjoy this lifestyle as long as you can.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by hana200369 Fri 24 May 2013, 14:10

her style is very good in canne.her dress,her hair,every thing .
good luck
hana200369
hana200369

Back to top Go down

Post by niloufar Fri 24 May 2013, 14:12

i like this dress too.but her hair would be better , but its ok.
niloufar
niloufar

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 24 May 2013, 20:00

Three years ago, I did some work for a filmmaker who had a short film in competition at 2011 Cannes. He couldn't pay me cash, so he gave me a ticket to Cannes. It happened to be at the same time I was getting the Big C diagnosis, so I couldn't go. (It's probably best I couldn't. I absolutely hate dressing up, and I look like I spend my days and nights on my ass writing.)

But I did get a program, and a rundown on what to expect, and it seems to me that if you're there with a film or for a studio, you're there to work and you don't have time or energy for the parties and openings, unless they do something for the film.

Then there are celebrities who don't have projects but are hosting events for charities or sponsors. They try to get the big names to come to their shindigs. It's quite competitive, from what I understand. Some 'guests' are paid, some not.

And then you have the people who are there to promote themselves by partying. They get on every list they can; the more prestigious, the better. Maybe Stacy is a hybrid of the paid guest/party goer types. She has enough cache as GC's girlfriend and a 'friend' of Weinsten that not too many people would risk blowing her off. But she seems to be more than a straggler or hanger-on.

Great opportunity for her to put some things in place. Everybody who's anybody in the industry is either there or has a rep there. She'd be dumb not to try to line something up. I would've tried my best to come home with a writing gig or two.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 24 May 2013, 20:13

Very interesting, Way2, and it's clearly a massive networking festival, if that's what you need to do. I did think tho that there was a bit of an imperative for SK to be there, since all things Weinstein were being heavily promoted, and there must be many, many industry negotiations at every level taking place

And of course it would be logical diary stuff if she has invites before she meets the boyfriend...who is between locations this weekend.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by . Fri 24 May 2013, 23:22

Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 25 May 2013, 03:59

Behaviour that is very Spring Break-ish. Pose for stupid pointless pics. Some people never grow up.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Sat 25 May 2013, 04:11

niloufar wrote:i like this dress too.but her hair would be better , but its ok.
I like the dress as well. She could have done something to her hair and added some color to her eyes and lips.
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 25 May 2013, 06:12

Her hair sure looks darker in these pics.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by . Sat 25 May 2013, 07:26

Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 25 May 2013, 07:29

Did anyone notice the seaming on the eggplant gown, I love it. I don't like the back seam or the zipper area, it doesn't give a nice shape. But the rest of the sewn detail is very unique and the way they added the bow I love. I myself would not wear the bow, then the top would need to be constructed different so it goes with this style.

The workmanship as far as who constructed the gown could have been much better. I'm not sure if the top stitching is done by machine or hand. By hand would be best. Even though it wasn't tailored the greatest to Stacy's figure didn't matter because of the fabric it draped. The haute de couture is wonderful. She really looked great in these styles I hate to say.

I wish she could keep it together until after the events were finished. I always see a silly picture of her when she gets together with other young people.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next