George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony? EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony? EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony?

+15
lucy
stuckonlife
Barbara Garabedian
Picachu
Joanna
party animal - not!
The next mrs clooney
annemarie
theminis
LornaDoone
fava
OofOof
Lighterside
melbert
Katiedot
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony? Empty George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony?

Post by Katiedot Sun 17 Mar 2013, 19:30

Gosh, George is going to be busy attending weddings this summer, what with Jennifer Aniston and the Jolie-Pitt nuptials. This was already touched on but it's funny enough to have a thread of its own:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Naff Identity: Bourne star Matt Damon uses bizarre alias to book entire Caribbean resort
Hollywood star books resort for lavish party under name 'Mr Naff'

Actor rented entire Sugar Beach resort to renew vows with wife Luciana
Week-long celebration set to cost £300,000

Lavish party: Actor Matt Damon used the alias 'Mr Naff' to book out an entire Caribbean resort for a part to celebrate the renewal of his wedding vows with wife Luciana Barroso, left

Hollywood star Matt Damon has grown accustomed to using aliases playing Jason Bourne – the renegade agent travels the world using a series of false names

But Damon appears to have had his tongue firmly in his cheek when he chose his own alias to book a lavish party for a renewal of his wedding vows.

The 42-year-old star has rented out the entire Sugar Beach resort on the Caribbean island of St Lucia under the name ‘Mr Naff’.

Damon and his wife Luciana Barroso, 37, have spent £300,000 on the party – a week-long celebration with guests expected to include George Clooney, Brad Pitt and his fiancee Angelina Jolie, and his latest co-star, Michael Douglas and his Oscar-winning wife Catherine Zeta-Jones.

A staff member at Sugar beach said: ‘The hotel was booked under a different name to Damon.
'We were told that it was a Mr and Mrs Naff getting married.

‘We then heard that it was Matt Damon and they had been using a false name to stop their secret being found out.

‘He was here two months ago to have a look around. A big yacht moored by the beach and he came into the resort.’

According to sources, all 78 rooms at the five-star hotel, which was opened 21 years ago by the late Princess Margaret’s close friend Lord Glenconner, and has more recently played host to guests including actress Gwyneth Paltrow and her husband, Coldplay singer Chris Martin, have been booked for a week from April 8 for the event.

It's on 8th April? Isn't this still during the filming of Monuments Men?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony? Empty Re: George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony?

Post by melbert Sun 17 Mar 2013, 19:44

It's also still during school for their kids, unless they have a late spring break. And why on a Monday???? This may be horse pucky to divert from something else. And, if he did make the reservations under "Mr. Naff" and someone on the staff is talking, sounds like that may cause some trouble!!! Shit hits the fan
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony? Empty Re: George Clooney to attend Matt Damon's renewal of vows ceremony?

Post by Lighterside Sun 17 Mar 2013, 19:48

It sounds like the resort or an over zealous PR agent is trying to up their profile. If Matt or any other celebrity wanted to do something like this, they wouldn't be advertising it in the press, so every gate crasher has ample time to make plans to crash the party. How silly is that?

And yeah, can't you just see George shutting down his production for a whole week to attend? LOL Okay!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 17 Mar 2013, 20:12

Sounds like a whole lotta marriages poor George is "planing" to attend this spring and summer. He may end up needing tranquilizers!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 17 Mar 2013, 21:46

Isn't Matt an American? I doubt I know any Americans who know what the slang "naff" means. I call BS on this whole article.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 17 Mar 2013, 21:50

Fava, Naff is one of his Bourne identities. Yes, he is American.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 17 Mar 2013, 22:25

Sorry again--I've never seen the Bourne movies. Still think the article is BS and creative fiction to create publicity for this resort. If it's true, I wouldn't trust this resort to hold an event-- can't seem to keep their mouths shut.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 17 Mar 2013, 23:08

I think this is all a ruse to get George and Stacy hitched. Matt is doing all the work to make it look like he and his wife are renewing their vows, they'll invite mutual friends of George and then BAM! it will be Stacy walking down the aisle instead of Matt's wife. George will already be at the alter posing as Matt's best man and them BAM he and Matt will switch places.

Yup, I'm calling it - this is really George and Stacy's wedding and the world will be shocked.

Hey, it could happen. Brahahahahahaha!

God, I'm just cracking myself up today! The things my itchy brain comes up with even cold sober. If I were a tequila drinker I shudder to think what this old noggin would whip up!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 17 Mar 2013, 23:14

I think you should do a couple of shots Lorna. If you're this creative sober...God, it could be mind shattering! Laughing
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 17 Mar 2013, 23:17

Yep I second that Oof, I can barely type on cold/flu tablets but Lorna comes up with some doozies. Would love it to be true though, best prank George has ever pulled off!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 17 Mar 2013, 23:20

It can't be true...George is supposed to marry someone here! Any plans to head for the Carribean anyone?
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 17 Mar 2013, 23:26

Hello! Wedding

You didn't get your invite yet OofOof? Let me make sure I have your address right!

TheMinis, feel better!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 17 Mar 2013, 23:51

No plans for Caribbean travel as of yet, but I think my invite has just been a little delayed. I'm sure I'll get something in the mail this week!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 18 Mar 2013, 00:01

If i remember correctly kids here get out on good Friday that starts spring break. He can certainly pull strings to have his kids with him for a couple of extra days. They get extra class work to take with them. I think they are planning a renewal but probably not there this might just be way to throw off the press.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Mon 18 Mar 2013, 01:08

300, 000 seems a bit cheap to rent out the whole hotel.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 18 Mar 2013, 01:16

That is almost half a million US dollars ($452,000). That doesn't seem too bad. Especially figuring if the people in attendance pay for extra little things.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 07 Apr 2013, 15:22

More info on Perez Hilton about this.

He says it's scheduled in 10 days which would make it April 13th based on the date of the posting.

Spring is such a lovely time… especially when celebs make it rain for their lady flowers!

Matt Damon has reportedly spent $1M to rent an ENTIRE five-star Caribbean resort for he and his wife to renew their vows in, with their closest friends by their side.

As we previously reported, Luciana Barroso was officially crowned Mrs. Matt Damon back in 2005, during a small ceremony at city hall. But now they're ready for something BIG BIG BIG!!

George Clooney, Stacy Keibler, Ben Affleck, and Jennifer Garner are all expected to attend the St. Lucia festivities at Sugar Beach resort in ten days (interesting since we keep hearing break-up rumors about Cloon and Keib).

Omggg… they should totally go all Spring Breakers wild down there! Ha… JK! Keep it classy, y'all!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 07 Apr 2013, 19:37

Right. Well, according to Mr Damon's Water.Org page he is due to attend a Q and A session tomorrow in Berlin, and then no further public dates on that schedule for him 'til the 25th, I think.

Will go and check that out again.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 07 Apr 2013, 19:48

He's entitled to a good break....been busy on 2 or 3 films prior to MM. And he does love being with his wife and children.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 07 Apr 2013, 20:54

party animal - not! wrote:Right. Well, according to Mr Damon's Water.Org page he is due to attend a Q and A session tomorrow in Berlin, and then no further public dates on that schedule for him 'til the 25th, I think.

Will go and check that out again.

Well that would make sense. If he and his wife are in final prep for their renewal vows and he's still filming, why would he go to any other public events?

His renewal is a private affair so I doubt his Water.org would post that on their website. Just musing here.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 07 Apr 2013, 22:17

No, you're right, LD. I was a bit intrigued that the 'wedding story' might just be a completely fabricated story, or whether he might actually have finished filming in Germany by then, given that the original story emanating from the resort gave the date of August 8 as the start of events.

It would not surprise me in the least to hear that his Water.org charity would benefit from any photos he might agree to have published

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 07 Apr 2013, 22:32

I hope there will be some official pictures.
It's a lovely story IMO.
Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sun 07 Apr 2013, 22:38

I would be very surprised if there were any pictures , he is very private as best he can be with his wife and kids but you never know
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 07 Apr 2013, 22:38

Well the only thing for sure - we'll probably hear about it after the fact unless they've sold the photo rights to a specific publication.

Yes I do agree it's a lovely story.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbara Garabedian Mon 08 Apr 2013, 07:51

I think this could be a cover up for george and stacy also. why would mat spend all that money for a renewal, it just does not seem quite right about this. It might be a big surprize for everyone if this is just a disguise and how clever this has been arranged. but george does not seem like he would have this big of a wedding but you never know. love you george, bg

Barbara Garabedian
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 08 Apr 2013, 10:24

If this is true, then the choice of venue just dawned on me - oh dear, my pathetic brain! Her name is Luciana, or Lucy, and he's chosen St Lucia. How sweet!...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 08 Apr 2013, 10:31

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 08 Apr 2013, 10:37

Story about their wedding in 2005 while Matt was busy making
The Good Shepherd.

Sorry...iPad won't hold the text for pasting !

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 08 Apr 2013, 10:43

It sounds perfect !

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 08 Apr 2013, 10:50

Don't know about you, but I'm on the next flight out! Oh, no, he's booked the whole place....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckonlife Mon 08 Apr 2013, 10:53

I think the Matt site mentioned above is my fansite (Matt Damon Column). It's definitely not an official water.org page - there' s just a link to water.org on my news page.

stuckonlife
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 08 Apr 2013, 11:09

Oh, thank you! Sorry if I got it wrong. But it's great that I can now find your column again

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 08 Apr 2013, 13:32

Just checked out St Lucia - if reports are true, certainly have picked a beautiful spot to remarry - though I don't understand the point - is it just an affirmation of vows you made earlier or an excuse to throw a big party again (or for the first time, if you didn't have one). Well it looks fabulous, hope its true, lovely romantic thing to do..
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 08 Apr 2013, 13:46

Theminis, Matt&Lucia never had a formal wedding, just a courthouse exchange of vows. Think it will be nice for them to have the traditional wedding and all the kids get to be apart of the ceremony.
Call BS to the date in this article, at least for the Damon I hope their plans haven't been spoiled.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 08 Apr 2013, 13:58

Oh okay, well that makes perfect sense then to me, it will be even more special with their children there to witness it - also hoping their plans haven't been spoiled!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 08 Apr 2013, 14:49

theminis wrote:Oh okay, well that makes perfect sense then to me, it will be even more special with their children there to witness it - also hoping their plans haven't been spoiled!

I have put a link above about Matts wedding for info ! Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 08 Apr 2013, 15:01

Yeah missed that link only noticed the one re St Lucia - ta
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 13 Apr 2013, 21:29

Something seems strange to me now the articles about Matt's renewal aren't mentioning Stacy's name. I have a couple that I got in my daily GTC news. there are also to that are rumors of a split. I'll check them out next; either this is it or they are getting married??? where is my bridge

Matt Damon and Wife Plan Wedding Vows Renewal at Carribean Resort
April 13, 2013 06:02:10 GMT

The 'Elysium' star and wife Luciana Barroso are reportedly set to renew their wedding vows this weekend with Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner on the guest list.

Matt Damon and Luciana Barosso have rented the entire Sugar Beach resort in St. Lucia for their wedding vows renewal on this Sunday, April 14, E! News reports. The couple, who has been married for eight years, reportedly invites friends including Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones to join the celebration of love.

According to authorities, security around the resort was increased. Officer Defreitas of the St. Lucia Police Station in Soufriere said that the rumor about the local beach was closed due to the festivities was not true. He said "the hotel is what is closed down" for the event.

The resort was not booked under Matt's name. "We were told that it was a Mr. and Mrs. Naff getting married," a resort staff member said. "We then heard that it was Matt Damon and they had been using a false name to stop their secret being found out."

"In a case like with Matt Damon, you will see that even our Marine Police gets involved to ensure that no unauthorized boats can approach the resort beach," said Karolin Troubetzkoy, the president and owner of the Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association.

"It will be a matter of great pride to the St. Lucian staff here to look after the Matt Damon renewal-of-vows party," she added. "Considering that pretty much everyone has a friend or relative working in the various resorts, it is amazing how very little gets out."

Matt got married to Luciana in a small ceremony back in 2005. From the marriage, they have three daughters together, 6-year-old Isabella, 4-year-old Gia and 2-year-old Stella. The couple also lives with Luciana's daughter from her previous relationship, 14-year-old Alexa.

Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 14 Apr 2013, 00:09

Ladies please forgive me for being a cynic but do we really believe E News and any of the other gossip sites about much of anything?

Maybe it's true and they are renewing their vows this weekend. Seems like the resort did a terrible job of keeping it quiet. Especially since Matt Damon is not a publicity hound. And, while I can see Ben Affleck and his wife going in that they are good friends, frankly, the only reason I could see George going is that they're working together now. They don't strike me as close friends but more friends who work together. It just seems like a big break to take in the midst of filming Monuments when it's costing George $1 million a day for filming.

But, if I am wrong, hit me! As far as Stacy's name not being mentioned in Mazy's article above, the only people mentioned are actors and stars. Jennifer Garner is a star and actress in her own right. So is CZJ. It makes sense that Stacy would not be mentioned but I don't think it necessarily means she wouldn't go, if George does. She's just not of the same calibre as the other people mentioned and the gossip sites seem to rank people based on their level of celebrity.

OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 14 Apr 2013, 01:16

Well, clearly it's not an accurate report cos Pitt is doing MTV Movie Awards (new film to promote) and Mrs Pitt arrived at LAX yesterday with son, so unlikely - and previous reports over last few weeks have listed all likely 'close' friends, including His Nibs and Ms. Keibler.

Of course, the idea is that we're not supposed to know................

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 14 Apr 2013, 01:26

You know OofOof, I've been wondering pretty much the same. My take on it is that it would be for family and CLOSE personal friends. Ben and Matt have been friends forever, and their families go on vacation together. The others mentioned, I agree are work friends. There's no doubt in my mind that they all may be considered friends, but close enough friends to witness a recommitment ceremony? I barely had a wedding, let alone a recommitment, but I wouldn't have wanted every Tom, Dick and Harry there for something so personal. Unless they're wanting to just throw a big party? Yes, Matt and his family have vacationed at Lake Como, but George does invite most everybody that he's worked with. So, if this actually happened this weekend, I'm of the feeling that it was family and close friends.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 14 Apr 2013, 04:04

Yep Mel. Think we're on to something...I never read any of the gossip sites before coming here but I have to say, I've never seen such bald faced BS before in my life. And, like I said, I'm a cynic so I view most everything that is put out there as a load of hooey but the whole so and so is George's best friend stuff is pretty funny. He's got LOTS of best friends, our George.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 14 Apr 2013, 05:28

Matt Damon and Luciana Barroso Renew Their Vows on the Beach in Saint Lucia

by Jefferson Reid and Senta Scarborough Today 5:43 PM PDT

Rick Rowell/ABC

I now declare you Matt and wife. Again!

Matt Damon and his bride of eight years, Luciana Barroso, renewed their wedding vows Saturday in an intimate ceremony in Saint Lucia E! News has exclusively confirmed.

The ceremony took place Saturday on the beach in front of a star-studded gathering of family and friends. The Bride wore a custom made Naeem Khan gown, and the men in the wedding party were all decked out in white.

Sources say the Elysium star and his ladylove where joined by Matt's BFF Ben Affleck, his wife Jennifer Garner and Chelsea Clinton among other notables.

As E! News exclusively revealed this week, Matt and Luciana renewed their wedding vows at Sugar Beach resort on the isle of Saint Lucia, renting out the whole hotel for a reported $600,000.

A day before the ceremony, a caravan of SUVs was seen ferrying guests from a private airfield to the hotel, where security was tight. But the groom was apparently keeping things loose, spending time the day before the big occasion paddleboarding in the clear blue Caribbean waves.

A private plane linked to Catherine Zeta-Jones, whose hubby Michael Douglas stars with Damon in the upcoming HBO film Behind the Candelabra, reportedly arrived on the island Friday. Stanley Tucci, whose sister-in-law is close Damon pal Emily Blunt, is also in the area.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 14 Apr 2013, 07:01

Well blow my shorts off. E Online was right about the renewal ceremony but not our guy. He's eating sushi in Berlin right now with Mel.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:05

I imagine George kept away in order to spare the happy couple of the wrong kind of publicity.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:07

Joanna wrote:I imagine George kept away in order to spare the happy couple of the wrong kind of publicity.
perhaps because George's bad luck to long-term relationships!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:13

Matt & Luciana Renew Vows with Island Party
April 13, 2013. Give Flowers

Matt Damon and his wife of nearly eight years, Luciana Barroso, renewed their vows Saturday on the beautiful Caribbean island of St. Lucia, reports Us Weekly, with approximately 50 friends and family in attendance including best bud Ben Affleck and wife Jennifer

Damon rented out the island's entire Sugar Beach Resort at a reported six-figure price, according to Us, and exchanged vows at sunset under thatched roofs in a 15-minute ceremony.

The groom wore a tan-colored suit and flip-flops, while the bride wore a cream-colored gown with a sequined belt, with the couple's daughters in light-colored dresses to match their mother.

The approximately 50 guests, which included Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones (according to People.com), wore shades of cream and ivory and enjoyed a cocktail reception on the beach following the vow renewal.

Damon first married Barroso, a former bartender, in a private civil ceremony back in December 2005, and sources tell Us that the star and his bride have wanted to throw a larger celebration with family and friends for quite some time.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:27

lelacorb wrote:
Joanna wrote:I imagine George kept away in order to spare the happy couple of the wrong kind of publicity.
perhaps because George's bad luck to long-term relationships!

No....I was thinking of the gossip hunters causing mayhem if George and Stacy were there ! Lol

It sounded a very special genuine occasion....hope we'll see some pictures.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:40

I actually hope we don't see any pictures - seems more special to them - plus it irks me that celebrities sell their most special moments for a quick dollar or million.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 14 Apr 2013, 10:56

Mmm, agree, but I have a feeling that if they did have a pix deal, it would be made very clear that the fee went to somewhere like Water.org or Not on our Watch.

I suspect that Matt Damon has finished most of his work on the film in Berlin. There are so many characters. And if His Nibs wasn't there, it's pretty obvious why.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next