George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney? EmptyToday at 15:43 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney? EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney?

4 posters

Go down

Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney? Empty Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney?

Post by Katiedot Fri 07 Sep 2012, 12:46

At first I nearly died laughing at the headline until I read the article and realised they meant Bradley Cooper's career path and choice of films as being like George's.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney?

Bradley Cooper has a new movie opening this weekend but you’re forgiven if you didn’t know that. The Words is a tiny film that stars Cooper as a writer who steals another man’s manuscript. Costarring Zoe Saldana and Jeremy Irons, the film cost only $6 million to make and is being dumped on what is typically one of the slowest movie weekends of the year. Exhibitor Relations expects the film to earn$7 million this weekend.

It’s a far cry from 2009′s The Hangover which earned $468 million on a budget of $35 million and catapulted Cooper to the kind of fame that most stars only dream about. Many in Hollywood predicted he would be the next big thing.

But Cooper is taking a zig-zag path to the big time. He’s practicing the George Clooney method of career-buidling: one for them, one for me. Until recently, Clooney balanced big budget fare, like Ocean’s Eleven, with more personal films, like Good Night and Good Luck, taking the payday from one to finance the other.

Last year, Cooper’s films Limitless and The Hangover Part II earned a combined $742 million. But instead of continuing to focus on big studio films where he could demand as much as $8 million per movie, Cooper is taking some time to work on smaller, potentially more prestigious, films.

The Words probably isn’t the film that’s going to win him an Oscar. It earns a horrible 18 out of 100 on Rotten Tomatoes. He has gotten some critical praise for the tiny film Hit & Run where he plays a dreadlocked bank robber, but it hasn’t been enough to get anyone to see the movie which has only grossed $11 million to date.

His best chance for a gold statue is with the upcoming film The Silver Linings Playbook. Cooper stars as a former teacher just out of a mental hospital who goes back to live with his parents. Sounds depressing but it looks funny and it’s from director David O. Russell who’s last big film was the Oscar-winning The Fighter. It also costars the hottest young actress of the year: Jennifer Lawrence.

The film, which hits theaters in November, is already getting good buzz and could give Cooper the serious recognition he is clearly craving. As for the money, well The Hangover Part III is slated for 2013. And if he wants his quote to get higher, he’ll have to throw some more studio films in the mix. In the past few years Clooney has stuck exclusively with smaller films like Up In The Air and The Descendants. But even he is going back to the big money. His next film is Gravity from Warner Bros where he’ll costar with Sandra Bullock.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney? Empty Re: Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney?

Post by lucy Fri 07 Sep 2012, 13:42

Use to watch him on Alias, loved him. Now I don't care much for the roles he's taken in the last 2years, for me he's been a disappointment. Maybe to much information about him in the press. Like Gerald Butlers career choices they all have become a blur. Ryan G. now he's got acting teeth, and some variety in his films. Does BC career mirror George's, I don't think so. Maybe the films being made today are just different than the ones George was doing back in the day, at least to me they are.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney? Empty Re: Is Bradley Cooper The Next George Clooney?

Post by Best in Category Fri 07 Sep 2012, 16:37

No.

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 07 Sep 2012, 16:48

lol! @ BiC
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down