George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit

+5
cindigirl
it's me
Katiedot
melbert
silly girl
9 posters

Go down

George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit Empty George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit

Post by silly girl Mon 30 Jul 2012, 14:27

George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit

Actor George Clooney will have Santa Monica auction house Gooding & Co. auction his 2008 Tesla “Signature 100” Roadster to raise money for a nonprofit that uses satellites to monitor the tense border between South Sudan and Sudan for war crimes and other violence.

The Roadster, the eighth built by the Palo Alto-based electric car company, has been driven 1,700 miles. It is expected to sell for $100,000 to $125,000.

Clooney designated the Satellite Sentinel Project as the sale beneficiary. Co-founded by Clooney and human rights activist John Prendergast, the Satellite Sentinel Project's website states that its goal is to prevent warfare between the Sudanese regions. The Republic of South Sudan became an independent state last year.

The Tesla will be auctioned at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance next month.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit Empty Re: George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit

Post by melbert Mon 30 Jul 2012, 14:54

should we pool our money and buy a time share for the Tesla? Great cause, but he must not be overly thrilled with that car, eh?
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit Empty Re: George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit

Post by Katiedot Mon 30 Jul 2012, 16:57

When did he ever put 1,700 miles on the clock? Don't remember ever seeing him in it apart from a few promo shots when he first got it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 30 Jul 2012, 18:06

I have a pic of him driving out of a parking garage (?) or some kind of driveway onto the street. Maybe he took a left at the bakery instead of a right and it took him 1,700 miles to get home?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 30 Jul 2012, 19:49

LOOOL!!!

he drove it!
pure and simple Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 30 Jul 2012, 19:53

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George Clooney’s Tesla roadster to be auctioned by Gooding & Co.

Written by Auction House PR

Monday, 30 July 2012 12:45

George Clooney in his 2008 Tesla roadster, which will be auctioned at Gooding & Co.'s Pebble Beach Auction on Aug. 19. Image courtesy Webb Farrer.

SANTA MONICA, Calif. – Gooding & Co., the official auction house of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, will present George Clooney’s 2008 Tesla Signature 100 roadster at its Pebble Beach Auction on Sunday, Aug. 19.
Clooney was invited to purchase car number 0008 when Tesla debuted the world’s first high-performance electric sports car. The Academy Award-winning actor and philanthropist has selected the Satellite Sentinel Project as the beneficiary of his sale proceeds. Co-founded by Clooney and human rights activist John Prendergast, the Satellite Sentinel Project is a nonprofit organization that monitors the sensitive borders of Sudan via satellite in an effort to prevent the return of a full-scale civil war in the region.

“We are overjoyed to present George Clooney’s Signature 100 Tesla at Pebble Beach because this is an incredible opportunity to purchase a modern collector car with all the right elements: one-owner, celebrity provenance, historical significance, limited-edition rarity and philanthropic ties,” said president and founder David Gooding. “We admire and respect Mr. Clooney’s talent and dedication to making a difference in our international community and hope his fantastic car will attract great support for the Satellite Sentinel Project and recognition of the lives his work saves every day.”

With only 1,700 miles on the odometer, the Tesla roadster, car 0008, is finished in Obsidian Black Metallic over a premium, two-tone leather interior. Clooney has said that his roadster is thrilling to drive. The Tesla’s estimate is $100,000–$125,000.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 30 Jul 2012, 20:06

silly girl wrote:The Roadster, the eighth built by the Palo Alto-based electric car company, has been driven 1,700 miles. It is expected to sell for $100,000 to $125,000.

It's nice to see an electric eco friendly car but, good grief, for the asking price it would take several lifetimes to realize the gas savings.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 30 Jul 2012, 20:06

great pic!! I love you
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

George Clooney to auction Tesla for South Sudan nonprofit Empty GEORGE'S TESLA ROADSTER FOR UP FOR AUCTION

Post by Joanna Mon 06 Aug 2012, 11:19

George Clooney auctioning car for charity

Last Updated: Sunday, August 05, 2012, 13:42
Tags: George Clooney, Tesla Roadster, George Clooney sports car

London: George Clooney has put his Tesla Roadster, a limited edition obsidian black metallic sports car, on auction.

The electric-powered two-seater is expected to fetch between USD 100,000 and USD 125,000, reported a leading daily.

Proceeds from the sale will go to Clooney`s Satellite Sentinel Project, a non-profit organization co-founded by the 51-year-old actor to monitor the borders of Sudan via satellite.

Clooney bought the car in 2008, and was one of Tesla`s first high-profile customers.

The Hollywood A-lister helped promote the environmentally friendly start-up brand when electric cars were still suffering from image problems, with people viewing them as slow and sluggish.

The black two-seater is "thrilling to drive" according to Clooney, and he will be auctioning the vehicle at Pebble Beach, California, on August 19.

"We are overjoyed to present George Clooney`s Signature 100 Tesla at Pebble Beach because this is an incredible opportunity to purchase a modern collector car with all the right elements: one-owner, celebrity provenance, historical significance, limited-edition rarity and philanthropic ties," said David Gooding, president and founder of the auction company.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 06 Aug 2012, 12:46

Thanks m'dear. I've just moved your post to the older thread.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 06 Aug 2012, 15:40

Oh thanks Katie.
I had a quick look in G C news but must have missed the title...
but it was a bit early for me ! LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 10 Aug 2012, 08:17

Found by Henway:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 10 Aug 2012, 13:42

I can't see
what is it?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 17 Aug 2012, 16:37

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 22 Aug 2012, 17:34

George's car "2008 Tesla Roadster" has been bought auction for $ 99,000

Result HERE
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 22 Aug 2012, 17:41

WOW
is really much

right?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 23 Aug 2012, 01:40

"The electric-powered two-seater is expected to fetch between USD 100,000 and USD 125,000, reported a leading daily."

So the "George Factor" DECREASED the price?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Thu 23 Aug 2012, 06:42

melbert wrote:"The electric-powered two-seater is expected to fetch between USD 100,000 and USD 125,000, reported a leading daily."

So the "George Factor" DECREASED the price?
that should be for cars new coming from the factory not used ones Idea
Aly
Aly
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Thu 24 Oct 2013, 10:51

If anyone is curious, the final auction price for the 2008 Tesla Roadstar was $99,000.

Proceeds going to Satellite Sentinel Project:
The SSP is a non-profit organization supported by other non-profits (including Not On Our Watch and the Enough Project), that monitors the sensitive borders of Sudan via satellite in an effort to prevent the return of a full-scale civil war between Northern and Southern Sudan. Part of an early warning system currently in place, the SSP gathers images of aggression and other time-sensitive information and expedites the data to news organizations, peacekeepers and key policymakers. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 24 Oct 2013, 10:52

ottimo!
thanks for the news!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 24 Oct 2013, 17:40

Donations can be made here for George's fund 
towards the Satellite.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 25 Oct 2013, 03:23

It's parked in my garage right now if anyone wants to come over for a drive...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 25 Oct 2013, 06:16

wow! great Mel!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down