George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion?  Seems so EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion?  Seems so EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion?  Seems so EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion?  Seems so EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion?  Seems so EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion?  Seems so EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion?  Seems so EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion?  Seems so EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion?  Seems so EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion? Seems so

+6
pattygirl
lucy
cindigirl
it's me
Joanna
Katiedot
10 posters

Go down

Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion?  Seems so Empty Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion? Seems so

Post by Katiedot Thu 05 Apr 2012, 08:24

Please, no!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Style Comeback: The Hawaiian Shirt

March 30, 2012 ● by Julie Gerstein

The updated Hawaiian shirt.
Sure, George Clooney wore them in his recent Oscar-nominated flick “The Descendants,” but should we really be heralding the return of the Hawaiian shirt?

We thought these had gone the way of suburban dads and Parrotheads, but it seems that the cheeky, brightly patterned shirts are enjoying a bit of a renaissance. This time, though, the Hawaiian has a bit of an updated feel — like this one from Monitaly — and its patterns are more tribal chic than island goof. As such, we’ll give them a guarded recommendation. Just don’t pair with a pina colada, and you should be fine.

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 19:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : amended title - you'd think I'd be able to spell Clooney, wouldn't you?)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion?  Seems so Empty Re: Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion? Seems so

Post by Joanna Thu 05 Apr 2012, 10:30

lol! lol! lol!

Don't think we'll see many of those here in UK with
our weird weather lately.
Hot & sunny last week.....snow and cold winds this week !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion?  Seems so Empty Re: Can we blame George Clooney for the return of the Hawaiian shirt into fashion? Seems so

Post by it's me Thu 05 Apr 2012, 12:52

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

it's not so bad!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 05 Apr 2012, 15:54

Oh my God in Heaven, that print is horrendous. Maybe it'll catch on with the teens. I'll have to notice when I'm at the New Jersey beaches this summer.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 05 Apr 2012, 16:59

Oh come on , the Hawaiian shirt will always be in fashion for someone, there are some really pretty ones , not overly bright and loud, made of a nice silk. IMO GTC as a dad in high waisted pants and Haw shirt looked better than any dads I know!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 05 Apr 2012, 17:21

lucy wrote:IMO GTC as a dad in high waisted pants and Haw shirt looked better than any dads I know!

Well, truth be told, George would look good in a knapsack tied with a silk ribbon. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 05 Apr 2012, 18:28

cindigirl wrote:Oh my God in Heaven, that print is horrendous. Maybe it'll catch on with the teens. I'll have to notice when I'm at the New Jersey beaches this summer.

Don't forget us then..... gotpics
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 05 Apr 2012, 18:35

I really don't think that outrageous print will "catch on" with teens. They're more into t-shirts with vulgar sayings on them.

The true Hawaiian shirt is really nice. They are rich and vibrant without being garish. The prints can be floral, or sea inspired. The fabrics are generally cotton but are beautifully done in silk, too.

They do look best when worn outside the trousers.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 18:52

cindigirl wrote:
lucy wrote:IMO GTC as a dad in high waisted pants and Haw shirt looked better than any dads I know!

Well, truth be told, George would look good in a knapsack tied with a silk ribbon. LOL

An even truer truth to tell is George would look good in nothing at all! Yahooooo
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 05 Apr 2012, 19:15

Lakin460 wrote:An even truer truth to tell is George would look good in nothing at all! Yahooooo

I can't disagree with that but I think I like him better with clothes on. Embarassed
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 05 Apr 2012, 19:45

cindigirl wrote:
Lakin460 wrote:An even truer truth to tell is George would look good in nothing at all! Yahooooo

I can't disagree with that but I think I like him better with clothes on. Embarassed

LOL Well, to each their own! Frankly, I'll take him anyway I can get him, nekkid or dressed! super cool
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 05 Apr 2012, 20:38

Razz SURE!!!!!!!!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Thu 05 Apr 2012, 21:20

When I went to Hawaii in 2004, my husband and son bought two matching shirts in Hawaii. Black silk with yellow blossoms on them. Those looked gorgeous.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 06 Apr 2012, 10:35

You know what's really funny? Trying to find pictures of George in a Hawaiian shirt. Most of the stills from the film have him in a t-shirt or in floral shorts.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 06 Apr 2012, 11:10

When I went on vacation in Hawaii, my husband has bought three shirts all stained with palms, flowers and turtles on the beach Wahikiki I seemed to be fine with those shirts but if he dares to wear in Milan .... I swear I'll kill him!!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 06 Apr 2012, 11:20

Katiedot wrote:You know what's really funny? Trying to find pictures of George in a Hawaiian shirt. Most of the stills from the film have him in a t-shirt or in floral shorts.

There're some of him in the car with Shaileene in a blue patterned shirt and also when they go to look over the bay that he owns, I think !

CRS again
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 07 Apr 2012, 15:40

It doesn't matter what he wears, he looks GOOD! When my mom and brother went to Hawaii - no they didn't even ASK me if I wanted to go - my mom bought several dresses (again, only for herself!!!) and my brother bought several shirts. They were all very stylish and beautiful. I think that George had more of a problem with the high waisted grandpa pants than he did with the Hawaiian shirts.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down