George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney says he's stopped drinking EmptyToday at 1:00 pm by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney says he's stopped drinking EmptyMon May 06, 2024 9:08 pm by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney says he's stopped drinking EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 2:41 am by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney says he's stopped drinking EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 2:37 am by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney says he's stopped drinking EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 5:44 pm by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney says he's stopped drinking EmptyFri Apr 05, 2024 12:51 am by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney says he's stopped drinking EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 9:42 am by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney says he's stopped drinking EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 4:38 pm by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney says he's stopped drinking EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 9:20 pm by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney says he's stopped drinking

+8
LornaDoone
The next mrs clooney
Missa
it's me
Dexterdidit
Joanna
playfuldeb
Katiedot
12 posters

Go down

George Clooney says he's stopped drinking Empty George Clooney says he's giving up drinking to give his 'liver a chance to catch back up'

Post by Katiedot Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:48 am

Found by Pari:

George Clooney gives up drinking in order to give his 'liver a chance to catch back up' 1/17/2012
Gina DiFalco

George Clooney’s 2012 has been given a great start, with his new relationship with Stacy Keibler seeming to be going better than ever and with the success of his film The Descendants.

Clooney wrote, directed and starred in the film, even taking home the Golden Globe for Best Actor In A Motion Picture on Sunday night. However, don’t expect the actor to make any champagne toasts to his win.

Clooney has revealed that one of his New Year’s resolutions is to take a break from drinking.

"I've made a little New Year's deal that I wouldn't drink for a while... I'm giving my liver a chance to catch back up,” he said, Contact Music reports.

Furthermore, at the Globes on Sunday, Clooney showed love for his fellow nominee and friend, Brad Pitt when he accepted his award.

"Wow, well, that's the funny thing about evenings like this. You get the chance to catch up with old friends and see people that you haven't seen in a long time," he said. "I wanted to say it's nice to see Brad and it's nice to be able to tell him not just what wonderful work he's doing in two films this year, but also what wonderful work he does in the world to the rest of the people. I'm a fan," MTV News reports.

Before that, Clooney took a jab at Pitt’s cane by walking out on stage with it and saying "I have to give it back to him or he can't make it to the bar otherwise,"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] r-give-his-liver-chance-catch-back-01-17-2012

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney Bans Himself From Booze

by Lydia Harris on January 17, 2012

George Clooney has given himself a self-imposed ban on alcoholic beverages!

In a new interview, the actor says that he is abstaining from drinking booze for a short while so that he can see if it improves his health. We’re sure most doctors would agree with this plan, eh?

He revealed, “I’ve made a little New Year’s deal that I wouldn’t drink for a while. I’m giving my liver a chance to catch back up.”

George was arguably the funniest thing about Sunday’s Golden Globes, poking fun at Michael Fassbender with a penis joke. It’s good to know that he brought the funny all on his own with no assistance from alcohol. Ha.

He also revealed that the more he ages, the less sleep he requires throughout the night. He said, “You could argue that people, as they get older, sleep less – probably because they’re afraid of dying at some point. I know my parents don’t sleep much. I know that I used to be able to sleep until noon when I was younger. I couldn’t fathom staying in bed until ten now. I wouldn’t know what to do unless there’s a football game on.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney says he's stopped drinking Empty Re: George Clooney says he's stopped drinking

Post by playfuldeb Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:54 am

he stopped drinking with SL for a while also. I remember a photo of them at an award, and they both had water.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney says he's stopped drinking Empty Re: George Clooney says he's stopped drinking

Post by Joanna Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:26 am

I hope he's not just holding off until
he gets to Ireland ? scaredsilly

It's a wise thing to do for anyone when they get older. I'm sure a lot of us have found we can't cope so well with alcohol as we used to and it's sensible to listen to our bodies response.
Drinking plenty of water is good at any age !

And who knows, maybe SK has influenced him not to
drink so much ? Maybe he doesn't need to drink so much now that she's around because he's happy with her ?
Now, there's a thought for another thread lol!

Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:32 am

Yes and on the red carpet George said he couldn't wait to get drunk and planned on ending up face down by the end of the evening! I think he doesn't drink as much as he makes out but I doubt he is drinking water.............
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Maybe he doesn't need to drink so much now that she's around because he's happy

maybe

the booze hints are all jokes
IMO

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:59 pm

I'm sure they are I M with maybe just a touch of the truth about it.

Remember dear old Dino's creed ? "We feel sorry for people who don't drink, cos when they get up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" Love3
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:34 am

Joanna wrote:I'm sure they are I M with maybe just a touch of the truth about it.

Remember dear old Dino's creed ? "We feel sorry for people who don't drink, cos when they get up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" Love3

Wasn't Dino also known for playing up the drunk image while really filling his glass with apple juice? Frank Sinatra once said "I spill more than Dean drinks." Maybe George is playing the same game, playing up the image but actually toning down the drinking a little.

Or maybe he's on a cleanse. Wink
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:49 am

Maybe he's on pain meds after his surgery and trying not to mix things. He seemed to have a glass of wine in front of him at the GG's. Don't think it's stacy influence, in Cabo there wasn't a single picture of her without a drink in her hand.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney says he's stopped drinking Empty George Clooney says he's stopped drinking

Post by Katiedot Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:29 am

This is also from his interview with the Hollywood Reporter.

I'm wondering whether it's really true that he has stopped - remember those pics of him at an awards show with open wine bottles and a half-drunk glass of red wine in front of him? I also wonder if this is a tacit admission of a drinking problem?

He also acknowledges, "I drink at times too much. I do enjoy drinking, and there have been times in my life when it's crossed the line from being fun to having to drink late at night for absolutely no reason. So what I do is, I stop. I haven't had a drink since New Year's Eve."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:54 am

My mum used to say many a true word is said in jest. And George jokes about heavy drinking alot so yes I think he realised it was getting a little out of control. And as you age you don't bounce back like you used too. Also with his neck problems and any pain medication could have cause some issues. It's good that he has acknowledged it and done something about it. He may just drink a sip or half glass of wine to be social then stop. Or he may just half fill a glass and leave it there and drink water. Now that it is in print people will watching and seeing if they can trip him up so we will certainly find out if he falls off the wagon. P.S Welcome back Katie!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:13 am

George has given up drinking? Well I'll drink to that! Cheers! Drink 3
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:25 am

There could be a bottleshop going out of business!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:46 am

Katiedot wrote:
I also wonder if this is a tacit admission of a drinking problem?
10 out of 10 Drink

zizi
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:45 am

I have not stopped drinking wine or beer but spirits like vodka and Tekila. I remember his interview to Cancun where he said that he disintegrated with Tekila. We have recently seen pictures of him with his glass of wine!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:35 pm

Dexterdidit wrote:There could be a bottleshop going out of business!
Possibly several from the sound of it!!

Seriously though. I remember we had this same discussion on the milano cookie crumbs site, wondering whether he was an alcoholic or not. Unfortunately I can't remember the different arguments for and against anymore.

I'm still not convinced he is/was but I'm glad he seems to be making an effort.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Maybe his drinking increased after his accident to take the edge of it all. Now if he's feeling better and being in his 50's he's decided the time is right.
I remember Sammy Davis saying "If I knew I was going to live
this long, I'd have taken better care of myself" ? Coolio

And.... just to upset everyone.... maybe his friend SK
is influencing him for good, diet wise ?? Seesaw of good and e
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:12 pm

LOL! I did wonder if being with someone so much younger than him who does have an interest in healthy foods and lifestyle might have had an effect on him?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:23 pm

no
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Yes lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:50 pm

However, she does seem to enjoy the "spirits" with all of her party-attending. Always a drink in her hand and talking about drinking. Just sayin'...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:54 pm

well some say it's not the amount you drink, it is when you can't do without
(like, even if you don't drink much everyday, the fact that you need to have a drink every day, would that just be one you can't do without, can be a problem)
don't know if it's true, but sure if you can actully do without a drink sometimes, why not do it... quite a few guys his generation around my family used to drink not a awfull lot but had wine at business meetings for lunch, everyday, etc. when they were younger - and now they basically stopped, not because it was a problem, but rather because I guess it got old for them / they passed that stage sort of - they had enough and they felt better doing without
no idea what's his drinking level, but surely with his work and social schedule, he does have a lot of chances to have a drink or much more - so even if he'd just be a social drinker he could sometimes be drinking a lot, I suppose it can't hurt him not to have one, or to have less (hope he doesn't start giving cleasing advices though...)
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:38 am

He seems quite adamant that he has stopped drinking:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down