George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyToday at 15:43 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012

+30
LornaDoone
pattygirl
Vi
zizi
blubelle
Missa
harleyq
macs
amuserato
watching
Katiedot
lovelylois
bamboochacha
sadDonkey
fava
lucy
bellybaby
Pari
Maggy
LyndaGirl
Dexterdidit
Michelle meyers
silly girl
it's me
lelacorb
Joanna
Cinderella
cindigirl
melbert
hathaross
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012

Post by watching Fri 17 Feb 2012, 10:57

It's a really good interview and article.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney: The Private Life of a Superstar: Hollywood Reporter Feb 2012

Post by Katiedot Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:07

I think it's one of the best I've read in a while, although recently he's done some really great ones: Esquire and Rolling Stone were also good.

We're spoilt at the moment. Let's make the most of this bounty before he shuts up and goes quiet again.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:38

Hi Katie.

Yes I keep thinking we'll have withdrawal symptoms
soon. headbang
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 17 Feb 2012, 12:56

it's really possible...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Fri 17 Feb 2012, 13:46

watching wrote:It's a really good interview and article.

Absolutely agree. Less of the jokiness, more insight. I am kind of shocked he revealed so much, actually. Gets to the essential sadness behind the twinkle. I guess one really shouldn't feel sorry for someone who has that much money and power, but I truly do, especially after seeing him live. "Pity" is not the right word... but that much fame and attention weaves its own sort of cage. So glad he has true friends on which to rely.
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 17 Feb 2012, 14:05

amuserato wrote:
watching wrote:It's a really good interview and article.

Absolutely agree. Less of the jokiness, more insight. I am kind of shocked he revealed so much, actually. Gets to the essential sadness behind the twinkle. I guess one really shouldn't feel sorry for someone who has that much money and power, but I truly do, especially after seeing him live. "Pity" is not the right word... but that much fame and attention weaves its own sort of cage. So glad he has true friends on which to rely.
From this interview I realized that he was not peaceful and happy man but a man often in pain, sad and alone! It makes me tenderly and I would like for him a more satisfying personal life! Success is not the whole man she needs!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Fri 17 Feb 2012, 14:30

I wouldn't say he wasn't happy ALL the time! The article just puts a human face on the jokey persona.. Almost everyone has moments of introspection, doubt, loneliness. He is a man who has much of which to be proud.
The hard fact is that if you want the fame and attendant goodies that go with it, there are tradeoffs-- which can be hard on the soul...
To me it is admirable he seems to keep the cost confined to himself (and deals with it fairly well... just too bad there is a cost)
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Fri 17 Feb 2012, 14:39

From Celebitchy today on the Hollywood Reporter article

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Feb 17
'12George Clooney talks about his profound loneliness, all for his Oscar campaign

George Clooney covers the new issue of The Hollywood Reporter, and dear God, this man can TALK. He wants the Oscar so badly – does his blatant desire make you like him more or less? This bitch of an article is NINE PAGES. You can read the whole thing here – I’m going to try to do some highlights below:

George watches TV: He watches ESPN and Modern Family as well as everything from The Soup to Jersey Shore. He is in bed by 10 p.m. almost every evening, wakes multiple times a night and loathes going to bed without the TV on. “Turning off the television causes me to think, and once I start that vision roaring, I have a very tough time getting to sleep,” he admits. With the flickering screen, “I’m able to numb out.” Even then, “Without question, I wake every night five times.”

He drinks too much sometimes: “I drink at times too much. I do enjoy drinking, and there have been times in my life when it’s crossed the line from being fun to having to drink late at night for absolutely no reason. So what I do is, I stop. I haven’t had a drink since New Year’s Eve.”

Clooney’s not about the money: The combined budgets of his two current movies are a fraction of Batman’s and about the equivalent of most superstars’ fees — $12 million for Ides and $20 million for Descendants. Clooney took a humble $300,000 upfront for the latter. It’s one of his more intriguing aspects that he has remained so powerful and prominent in our imagination without bigger hits or taking more than scale — at most a few hundred thousand dollars, backend excluded — since the $10 million he received for 2000′s The Perfect Storm. He is singularly unmotivated by money, though time and again he returns to the theme, expressing an awareness that, if necessary, he will sell one of his homes. (He puts nothing in the stock market, which he describes as “Vegas, without the fun.”)

Clooney the writer: “I woke and sat down and wrote the whole scene in the kitchen between Ryan [Gosling] and myself: ‘You want to be president. … You can start a war, you can lie, you can cheat, you can bankrupt the country, but you can’t f– the interns.’ ” He personally attended the 2010 American Film Market — that annual November gathering in Santa Monica where buyers and sellers haggle over rights — just to raise money for the film, then gave away his share of profits to get it made. “[Co-writer] Grant Heslov and I sat there for a day and a half, and they’d bring in 12 people from Japan, from the Netherlands, and I would pitch them the whole movie, and then the next group would come in,” he says with a laugh. “I was an encyclopedia salesman!”

How he lives, and THR brings up the Clooney Dilemma: Clooney’s house, bought for $980,000 back in 1995 with ER paychecks (hardly chump change, but not the kind of price that proclaims movie-star excess), looks as if it could belong to any normal man who happened to make some money, apart from its subtle and discreet taste. There are no Oscars, Emmys or other awards visible in public places, no servants bustling in hushed tones — just his personal assistant of many years, Angel, and a black cocker spaniel named Einstein that Clooney adopted from a local shelter. A few days earlier, Einstein ate all the loose cash left out by Clooney’s present girlfriend, Stacy Keibler of Dancing With the Stars (a former professional wrestler). The women who pass in and out of his life, few lasting longer than two or three years, have been the source of endless Internet speculation, likely because they rarely appear to be his professional or intellectual equals, and range from waitresses to models to an Italian starlet.

His relationship with Keibler, and marriage: He won’t go into his relationship with Keibler because “there is so little in my life that is private,” but he does admit that this man who once won a bet with Michelle Pfeiffer that he wouldn’t be married again by 40 hasn’t ruled it out. Divorced from actress Talia Balsam, he has in the past rejected the idea; now he argues, “I don’t even think about it, really.”

On Brad Pitt: “Brad is one of the great guys,” he says. “We’re good friends, but it’s different from what people think, meaning we don’t spend a lot of time together. He has been to my home in Como; we motorcycle together. But until recently, I hadn’t seen Brad in a year.”

Lonely Boy: “Anyone would be lying if they said they didn’t get lonely at times,” he says. “The loneliest you will get is in the most public of arenas: You will go to a place and end up in the smallest compartment possible, because it’s a distraction to everybody, and you end up not getting to enjoy it like everyone else.” He adds, “I have been infinitely more alone in a bad relationship; there’s nothing more isolating. I have been in places in my life where that has existed.” He also has been cheated on and even ditched “and left for someone; all those things. And it was sometimes a surprise, and sometimes you saw it coming. The most painful was when I kept trying to get [one woman] back. But we all make dumb mistakes.”

A Brad Pitt story: “A couple of years ago, [Brad Pitt] really nailed me. He did one of those shows and they asked him when he was going to marry Angie, and he said, ‘I’ll marry when George can legally marry [a man].’ ” He laughs. “He really got me badly, something I have had to deal with the past few years. But I could give a shit. I have to live in the world that I care about and that’s all that matters.”

Criticizing the Iraq War: “They did a half-hour show on Fox saying my career was over, and there was a cover of one of those magazines with the word ‘traitor’ written on it, and the White House was passing out a deck of weasels and I was on one of the cards,” he recalls. After initial anger, there was a brief moment when he felt afraid. “I called my dad and said, ‘Am I in trouble?’ And he said, ‘Grow up. You’ve got money. You’ve got a job. You can’t demand freedom of speech and then say, “But don’t say bad things about me.” ‘ And he was right.”

Bell’s palsy: At 14, a pivotal age for anyone, disaster struck in the form of Bell’s palsy, a kind of paralysis whose cause is unknown that leads to dysfunction in the facial nerves. Clooney has made light of the matter, but it lasted far longer than most of his friends realize. “As I started high school, half my face was paralyzed for six months,” he says. “That’s a long, long time. You wake up one morning and your tongue is numb, and you can’t drink. Milk starts pouring out of the side of your face. You don’t know when it’s going to end; you don’t know if it is going to end. And there’s no treatment.”

He’s tried coke: He drank, partied and even sampled cocaine, though he says, “I didn’t have an issue with it. I’m not a big druggie, not at all. Blow is absolutely a nonstarter.”

On his Three Kings director David O. Russell: “I saw David [O. Russell, the director with whom Clooney had a famous falling-out] a few weeks ago at a party. There was a bunch of filmmakers there. And I felt compelled to go over and go, ‘So are we done?’ And he goes, ‘Please.’ And I said, ‘OK.’ Because we made a really, really great film, and we had a really rough time together, but it’s a case of both of us getting older. I really do appreciate the work he continues to do, and I think he appreciates what I’m trying to do.”

[From The Hollywood Reporter]

You won’t even believe how much I had to cut out. Seriously. This man can TALK. He talks a lot about his childhood, about his back injury and dealing with years of pain (which he’s still dealing with). He talks about his friends and the lean years of Hollywood and all of that. Most of it you’ve heard before, because Clooney says the same stuff over and over. But it’s a decent read. He seemed really vulnerable in this piece, honestly. I do kind of feel bad for him. Poor Lonely Boy.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 17 Feb 2012, 14:59

Poor Lonely Boy.

who the hell wrote that?
Poor Stupid Boy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 17 Feb 2012, 15:22

Thanks so much for the articles on George's "private" life. I know he shares only as much as he wants his fans to know about. Just my personal opinion but I believe he does have a lady friend (soulmate), somewhere who is nearer to his age, albeit a very patient one. Someone who is part of his true private life, who understands he can't be with her and has to be away the majority of time. I don't think a man like him can live without that intimacy.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 17 Feb 2012, 15:49

Yes cindi.....and I know that it's Renee Z Sofa bounce
Just to upset melbert you understand ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 17 Feb 2012, 16:00

Renee, hmmm - right age, height and single. And, she's blonde. See, gentlemen do prefer blondes. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 17 Feb 2012, 17:34

amuserato wrote:I wouldn't say he wasn't happy ALL the time! The article just puts a human face on the jokey persona.. Almost everyone has moments of introspection, doubt, loneliness. He is a man who has much of which to be proud.
The hard fact is that if you want the fame and attendant goodies that go with it, there are tradeoffs-- which can be hard on the soul...
To me it is admirable he seems to keep the cost confined to himself (and deals with it fairly well... just too bad there is a cost)

Be proud of yourself is good but does not necessarily give you happiness! I've seen in recent months, although sad to be very good actor playing the part of man always smiling and friendly! I want George to be happy not only for his achievements but as a man!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 17 Feb 2012, 17:51

lelacorb wrote:From this interview I realized that he was not peaceful and happy man but a man often in pain, sad and alone!
I don't think that's what he's saying at all. I think he's saying that he's not always the happy, smiley, joking person we see on the red carpet.

He doesn't say that he's unhappy and alone, only that in the past he has known times of unhappiness and loneliness. Who here hasn't?

I think this article was meant to counter the perception some people have of George as smug and easy-going, coasting on his charm; someone who's had it easy all his life and never struggled.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Fri 17 Feb 2012, 18:00

Yes nobody is happy all the time I guess, and how can you be peacefull without having some alone time for introspection, accepting your faults, or learn from your mistakes etc.
I really like having some different perspectives like this. He's a great entertainer, and that what attracts a lot of people to him, but he's more "real" when he's not entertaining all the time, and is more serious (and that's what makes people faithfull to him I guess, at least for me : I suppose I became a fan because he's hot and fun and witty - but i follow him through the years because he makes good and serious and meaningful movies !)
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 17 Feb 2012, 18:03

Right now I'm doing a lot of questions about George!
Why the man who does not want to talk about his private life continues now to talk about it?
Why in his private life are never named her women and even the latest?
He talks about things much more private, but never a woman!
Why so much talk today about himself? I hope it is not for the Oscars!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Fri 17 Feb 2012, 20:33

cindigirl wrote:Renee, hmmm - right age, height and single. And, she's blonde. See, gentlemen do prefer blondes. LOL

She is horrible and odd looking. He would be a fool. flower
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 17 Feb 2012, 21:06

Renee is NOT horrible and odd looking.
George would NOT be a fool
flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 17 Feb 2012, 21:14

Joanna, Renee has those squinty eyes (or a squinty eyed look). She happens to be a friend of his and when someone ran down his list of girlfriends he went out with for him he listed Renee as "a little bit." Hmmm! Wink
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Fri 17 Feb 2012, 21:14

I have been thinking about this statement he made.
"The loneliest you will get is in the most public of arenas: You will go to a place and end up in the smallest compartment possible, because it’s a distraction to everybody, and you end up not getting to enjoy it like everyone else.”

This sounds crazy, but If my interpretation is correct, I understand why he needs some "arm candy" to attend many public functions. It is difficult for him to do it alone and when he brings a girl along it comforts him, doesn't feel lonely. He is sharing it with them, but not sharing it with them. The way he sits next to them and puts his hand on their laps, etc. This is all for his comfort level. It makes him feel that he is not lonely. I am not saying I agree with it, he sort has made his own journey in the lonely department, but I understand it a little more. Parading Stacy around on the red carpet is an avoidance of his feeling of being alone in the Public arena.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 17 Feb 2012, 21:18

Very good point!!!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by harleyq Fri 17 Feb 2012, 21:38

Wow, I'm new here and I just had to say this is, hands down, one of the best interviews I've ever read of George's. He was so open and candid, it just gave me a whole new perception and appreciation of him. I've loved the archived interviews and articles and this new just shows how far he's come and how real he is and that is just amazing. Thank you hathaross for sharing the links to this wonderful interview. And the video was just the icing on the cake. Very Happy Now to see if I can get my hands on a copy, looks like it has some great pictures too!
harleyq
harleyq
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by harleyq Fri 17 Feb 2012, 21:42

lovelylois wrote:I have been thinking about this statement he made.
"The loneliest you will get is in the most public of arenas: You will go to a place and end up in the smallest compartment possible, because it’s a distraction to everybody, and you end up not getting to enjoy it like everyone else.”

This sounds crazy, but If my interpretation is correct, I understand why he needs some "arm candy" to attend many public functions. It is difficult for him to do it alone and when he brings a girl along it comforts him, doesn't feel lonely. He is sharing it with them, but not sharing it with them. The way he sits next to them and puts his hand on their laps, etc. This is all for his comfort level. It makes him feel that he is not lonely. I am not saying I agree with it, he sort has made his own journey in the lonely department, but I understand it a little more. Parading Stacy around on the red carpet is an avoidance of his feeling of being alone in the Public arena.

I have to agree with Cindi, this is a very good point!! I hadn't thought of it this way, but it definitely makes sense.
harleyq
harleyq
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:17

Joanna wrote:Renee is NOT horrible and odd looking.
George would NOT be a fool
flower

She is the ugliest actor I have ever seen - and he would be foolish to date someone as screwed up as she. flower
bamboochacha
bamboochacha

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:17

That is a great point, and makes it all the more telling when he doesn't bring her along to one of these big events. Choosing "lonely" over the girl is probably not a good sign for her longevity.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:44

This is all for his comfort level. It makes him feel that he is not lonely. I am not saying I agree with it, he sort has made his own journey in the lonely department, but I understand it a little more. Parading Stacy around on the red carpet is an avoidance of his feeling of being alone in the Public arena.

bof

I don't agree
he is not alone

NEVER

he can put his hands on Stan's leg
or take Giovanni's hand
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:52

and yes
going to bed
at 10 o'clock

unable to sleep

then awakening
5 times
every night

“Turning off the television
causes me to think, and once I start that vision roaring, I have a very
tough time getting to sleep,”

speaks about
loneliness
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Fri 17 Feb 2012, 23:54

"I start that vision roaring"

I wonder what he's thinking about. scratch His next movie? The screenplay he's working on? Hmmmm...
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Sat 18 Feb 2012, 00:26

He should have his last cup of coffee before 6 pm. He should then sleep like a baby. deadthread
bamboochacha
bamboochacha

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sat 18 Feb 2012, 00:32

We could all tire him out. Censored
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sat 18 Feb 2012, 00:59

From Lainey Gossip today about the Hollywood Reporter article. Also, Lainey as a link at the end of the column to the full Hollywood Reporter article and some of Person to Person video.

George’s final push for votes
February 17, 2012
Posted at 11:38 AM

Posted by Lainey
Oscar voting ends on Tuesday, February 21st. This, then, is the last weekend for academy voters to (pretend to) watch the films and fill out their ballots. Maybe on Sunday as they’re enjoying a cup of coffee while reading The Hollywood Reporter. Many academy voters are also THR subscribers and the new issue of the magazine features a very candid George Clooney attempting to take back the Best Actor trophy from Jean Dujardin.

I have to admit that even though it’s so obvious exactly what he’s doing, I found him to be honest and heartfelt, except mayyyyybe for the part where he actually intimates that he might not be against marriage after all. Oh George, really? Some would say that these are desperate moves, that George, threatened by Jean Dujardin’s impressive surge is throwing everything and the kitchen sink (is that the expression?) at the academy.

At the same time though isn’t it kind of awesome that the mighty George Clooney has to work so hard? When you think that at Hollywood high school George is normally the starting quarterback who gets everything without much effort, somehow the Oscar race this year has actually democratised the playground. A little. And George, he’s not standing around sulking about it, instead it’s just making him work harder. There’s something about this I don’t hate. But that doesn’t mean I’m down with him letting cameras inside his house.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sat 18 Feb 2012, 01:00

I could get my cowgirl hat and he can be my horse..... oops is this too silent Censored

just saying... he might sleep Whistle

Actually, i can understand being lonely, even while with someone. I have been living this way myself. I spend more time on the computer than with .... my friends can't drive. I have to do it all and sometimes i get sick of doing all the driving. so i am either a chauffer or alone. Except with my parents. the friends who do drive ... I can go on but, I have been trying to stay away from sob stories on here. This is my getaway with friends in which all i have to do is turn on the computer Group
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 18 Feb 2012, 04:20

I sometimes wonder IF we confuse being lonely with being sad or being hurt... or even being deeply angry or frustrated or oppressed or depressed...
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 18 Feb 2012, 04:24

lovelylois wrote:From Lainey Gossip today about the Hollywood Reporter article. Also, Lainey as a link at the end of the column to the full Hollywood Reporter article and some of Person to Person video.

George’s final push for votes
February 17, 2012
Posted at 11:38 AM

Posted by Lainey
Oscar voting ends on Tuesday, February 21st. This, then, is the last weekend for academy voters to (pretend to) watch the films and fill out their ballots. Maybe on Sunday as they’re enjoying a cup of coffee while reading The Hollywood Reporter. Many academy voters are also THR subscribers and the new issue of the magazine features a very candid George Clooney attempting to take back the Best Actor trophy from Jean Dujardin.

I have to admit that even though it’s so obvious exactly what he’s doing, I found him to be honest and heartfelt, except mayyyyybe for the part where he actually intimates that he might not be against marriage after all. Oh George, really? Some would say that these are desperate moves, that George, threatened by Jean Dujardin’s impressive surge is throwing everything and the kitchen sink (is that the expression?) at the academy.

At the same time though isn’t it kind of awesome that the mighty George Clooney has to work so hard? When you think that at Hollywood high school George is normally the starting quarterback who gets everything without much effort, somehow the Oscar race this year has actually democratised the playground. A little. And George, he’s not standing around sulking about it, instead it’s just making him work harder. There’s something about this I don’t hate. But that doesn’t mean I’m down with him letting cameras inside his house.

Just thinking out loud... but wasn't Brad's campaign classy, well thought out etc??? I thought Brad and Angelina did a neat campaign too... understated but spot on... Would Brad stand a better chance then going by the "Favourite Underdog" or should I say the "Surprise Underdog" factor??? Again, just mulling out loud Very Happy I understand though that George and Brad and Jean and everyone in it are each different (and come with different sets of people attached) and that means different ways of doing things finally also... Smile

Last edited by Pari on Sat 18 Feb 2012, 05:09; edited 1 time in total
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 18 Feb 2012, 04:41

Michelle meyers wrote:...Actually, i can understand being lonely, even while with someone. I have been living this way myself. I spend more time on the computer than with .... my friends can't drive. I have to do it all and sometimes i get sick of doing all the driving. so i am either a chauffer or alone. Except with my parents. the friends who do drive ... I can go on but, I have been trying to stay away from sob stories on here. This is my getaway with friends in which all i have to do is turn on the computer...

I love you to you dear Michelle... Want to share something with you, with a Mamma hug Hug1 if that is OK? Smile Perhaps the first step will be to begin with telling yourself that you are NOT LONELY (because a truth is that our Creator lives and breathes inside each of us all the time, as a very alive being, as an existence)... That will inturn lead to an emphasised appreciation of everything around you... Very simple things... grateful thanks for being able to breathe, think, talk, smile, feel, etc... Eg: Thank you God/Creator for my parents, my friends, my computer, my car, my being able to take a walk on my own... my having the time to enjoy the path... etc etc etc... Every moment is in anycase a thanksgiving moment... an appreciation moment... so perhaps you might like to begin with emphasising that... without having to turn away from the truth of it all...

Did not intend on a lecture / sermon dear Michelle, especially as I am not aware of your belief system, but would respect them anyways... Not saying that you might NOT be doing all of the above already or that you might prefer NOT to, but MUST, etc... Smile That was just a little hug... but yes, this is a lovely long topic to dwell on... and then there are so many things that cannot simply be shared or must NOT be shared... so there... Smile Hug1 Lots of love too... Smile
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sat 18 Feb 2012, 05:21

Pari wrote:
Michelle meyers wrote:...Actually, i can understand being lonely, even while with someone. I have been living this way myself. I spend more time on the computer than with .... my friends can't drive. I have to do it all and sometimes i get sick of doing all the driving. so i am either a chauffer or alone. Except with my parents. the friends who do drive ... I can go on but, I have been trying to stay away from sob stories on here. This is my getaway with friends in which all i have to do is turn on the computer...

I love you to you dear Michelle... Want to share something with you, with a Mamma hug Hug1 if that is OK? Smile Perhaps the first step will be to begin with telling yourself that you are NOT LONELY (because a truth is that our Creator lives and breathes inside each of us all the time, as a very alive being, as an existence)... That will inturn lead to an emphasised appreciation of everything around you... Very simple things... grateful thanks for being able to breathe, think, talk, smile, feel, etc... Eg: Thank you God/Creator for my parents, my friends, my computer, my car, my being able to take a walk on my own... my having the time to enjoy the path... etc etc etc... Every moment is in anycase a thanksgiving moment... an appreciation moment... so perhaps you might like to begin with emphasising that... without having to turn away from the truth of it all...

Did not intend on a lecture / sermon dear Michelle, especially as I am not aware of your belief system, but would respect them anyways... Not saying that you might NOT be doing all of the above already or that you might prefer NOT to, but MUST, etc... Smile That was just a little hug... but yes, this is a lovely long topic to dwell on... and then there are so many things that cannot simply be shared or must NOT be shared... so there... Smile Hug1 Lots of love too... Smile

Give hearts Hug1 Thank you very much. actually i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. hopefully if it's an oncoming train I can just jump right on and keep going
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Sat 18 Feb 2012, 06:16

Pari wrote:I sometimes wonder IF we confuse being lonely with being sad or being hurt... or even being deeply angry or frustrated or oppressed or depressed...
Hello!
Thanks Pari , smart comment; something to think about. Hug1

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 18 Feb 2012, 07:25

Thank you God/Creator for my parents, my friends, my computer, my car, my being able to take a walk on my own... my having the time to enjoy the path... etc etc etc... Every moment is in anycase a thanksgiving moment... an appreciation moment... so perhaps you might like to begin with emphasising that... without having to turn away from the truth of it all...

this is great
and I did like that

I did so
not today

because today I'm not in the same light mood
and believe me
bec I felt both ways
when you are in a bad time
all those 'thanks to'
are way
way so far from your sight
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 18 Feb 2012, 07:27

at least I'm trying to be honest
@ my true feelings

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sat 18 Feb 2012, 07:30

Love4
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Sat 18 Feb 2012, 15:32

I have to say, I think Lainey made a few good points, especially the one about George having to work for something - seems no matter how high up on the A list you are, you're never really secure, are you?

I loved this interview with him, seemed much more "real". Although, for me, it only made more glaring his choice in women. He does seem to go out of his way to choose girls that aren't going to have alot in common with him, longterm. Somewhere along the way, he was hurt, very badly, by some situation, or someone, that only he will know. And I think the reason he won't talk about Cray (or any of his gf's at the moment) is because, if he answered any question truthfully about them, that it's not going to be good. What is he going to say? "Ya, she's great, nice girl, better than being lonely sometimes?" He always speaks openly about the things he loves, and is passionate about - his Dad, Darfur, making movies, etc. But you never hear him ever talking passionately about any of his gfs (this is always "private",).....I just don't think he's been passionate about one for awhile, but I also think that, that's the way he wants it.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 18 Feb 2012, 15:35

Passion can expire...friendship can last IMO
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 18 Feb 2012, 15:41

Michelle meyers wrote:I can go on but, I have been trying to stay away from sob stories on here. This is my getaway with friends in which all i have to do is turn on the computer

This is exactly the way I feel Michelle - COH is a perfect getaway from "real life." I never fail to get at least one genuine laugh each day from reading here. And I do thank Katie for making this possible.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 18 Feb 2012, 15:44

no
I think he's been passionate about some
in the past

but we will never know what happened

it's his businnes
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 18 Feb 2012, 16:31

Joanna wrote:Yes cindi.....and I know that it's Renee Z Sofa bounce
Just to upset melbert you understand ?
Who? Me upset?? Why would I be upset????? I'm sure she's a very lovely lady! Why would I be upset????? hahahahaha!
They can be friends, but NEVER lovers... Nunchucks
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 18 Feb 2012, 17:00

He gives us glimpses of parts of his private life, perhaps in answer to some questions bandied about on various forums with much speculation.
His failure to include his GFs in those glimpes could possibly be because if he does answer just one of those questions, the others that follow - engagement, marriage, children, even love, are just not things he wishes to discuss with reporters, gossip mongers, etc - people who take a sound bite and create a whole scenario around it.
He has, in the past, made statements (usually through Stan) when things being created have been so wrong as to be hurtful to others.
Don't we all have things that are just too personal to talk about even with our best friends, especially if it pretains to intimate and sexual subject matter? Let's face, that's where those continued questions would eventually go.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 18 Feb 2012, 17:44

I agree with what you say pattygirl. I think he's sensible not to mention certain aspects of his personal life, which he still does despite people thinking to the contrary. It's much better that all the spin and gossip is based on nothing at all that he's said.
Certain types of people will always make a mountain out of a molehill and create negative stories and rumours, unfortunately.
I've had personal experience of that and I'm certainly
no celebrity lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 18 Feb 2012, 18:37

pattygirl wrote:He gives us glimpses of parts of his private life, perhaps in answer to some questions bandied about on various forums with much speculation.
His failure to include his GFs in those glimpes could possibly be because if he does answer just one of those questions, the others that follow - engagement, marriage, children, even love, are just not things he wishes to discuss with reporters, gossip mongers, etc - people who take a sound bite and create a whole scenario around it.
He has, in the past, made statements (usually through Stan) when things being created have been so wrong as to be hurtful to others.
Don't we all have things that are just too personal to talk about even with our best friends, especially if it pretains to intimate and sexual subject matter? Let's face, that's where those continued questions would eventually go.

Pattygirl in this interview I didn't read nothing news, I had read the same thing year ago.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 18 Feb 2012, 19:14

Let's face it, for those of us who follow everything George, that is very possibly so. But if you're just a casual reader, many of the things in this interview would be news and that might be just what was warranted.
I'll honestly say that there were some things which he said that weren't things I'd heard before.
Maybe that's just the way his life is, in his personal life there isn't that much new.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 18 Feb 2012, 19:22

I loved the interview, and I found it interesting that he kind of blamed the gay rumors on a joke Brad told about him marrying a man. That's certainly not anything I've heard mentioned when those rumors are discussed - those conversations usually revolve around him being a fifty year old man who dates/buys a revolving roster of waitresses/"models"/"actresses" twenty years his junior. I though it demonstrated a kind of lack of self-awareness that he doesn't see how his lifestyle feeds into those rumors.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next