George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents EmptyYesterday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents

+5
cindigirl
Dexterdidit
davidarochelle
LornaDoone
Katiedot
9 posters

Go down

Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents Empty Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents

Post by Katiedot Mon 10 Oct 2011, 18:02

There's always one who won't take no for an answer. Bless.

From contorl the information

Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents

Posted on October 10, 2011

This headline might sound crazy at first, but read it again, on a second look – is it crazy?

I claim that if Alec Baldwin or George Clooney declare tomorrow that they are running for president of the United States Of America as an independent, away from the mess and disapproval of the two major parties, they have a fair to good chance of taking it all. Now let me build my (their) case.

Both are considered good and popular actors in the public eye, both had voiced their political opinions in the past and present, which means they have an interest in politics.

Consider the low approval rating of the current elected officials, Democrats and Republicans, from President Barack Obama to the last Congress member, an outsider, who is not as obligated to the rules of the political system and its parties, can really make a difference. True, he will have to deal with the two houses, but there is plenty a strong, independent, unaffiliated president can promote. Add to that the fact that both are successful actors that have money, so they are less likely to be influenced by corporate, lobby etc, and both are popular figures, who are capable of fund raising from the public.

Another thing to consider is as they are both celebrities, they are bound to get loads of free media for their campaign, media that is worth tens of millions. Also you should consider that both are actors with a proven ability to “play the role”, perform in front of audiences, cameras, deliver a speech and be prefect on a photo-up. The dream candidate.

The dream candidate is one who holds as many electable traits as possible, not necessarily the best decision maker or leader. His most important decision is about the people he chooses as his staff, behind the scenes, they are the ones running the show.

There are 7 reasons why Clooney & Baldwin make the perfect candidates:
1.They look good and are know figures,
2.they have credibility,
3. they can “play the role” on the campaign trail,
4. they have the money that will save them from corporate influence,
5. they enjoy the interest of the public and can raise money,
6. Independent, not obligated to follow the rules of the political system,
7. Both have a basic buzz to get free media.

In current times, when celebrity figures have a better reputation than politicians is an opportunity for change. I believe in that so strongly I would run their campaign for free.

How will conservatives attack this idea? They might say they are only actors with no experience. Well, they won’t, as their all-time favorite president, Ronald Regan, was also “just an actor” turned governor, and just mention the name Arnold schwarzenegger.

George Clooney and Alec Baldwin, I hope you and your friends are reading this, and might convince you to run. This is a unique opportunity to change the political arena that will benefit the majority of Americans, an opportunity that will not return.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents Empty Re: Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents

Post by LornaDoone Tue 11 Oct 2011, 06:03

Who is this deluded person?

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents Empty Re: Why Alec Baldwin & George Clooney should join the presidential race as independents

Post by davidarochelle Tue 11 Oct 2011, 06:32

And how much moral compromising would both be willing to commit to, to win? Both have expressed distaste for the electoral process. And we know it's not about the smartest, the most caring, or even the most charming. Often it's the most cutthroat, the most ruthless, the best "attack dog." Would we still even like let alone respect either star if they "got their hands dirty?" No, far better for them to be an outside force with none of the political restrictions of office and to be able to accomplish something far greater; to give voice where no voices are heard. Davida-Rochelle
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 11 Oct 2011, 08:33

Gee even I know that this is a very bad idea!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 11 Oct 2011, 15:17

davidarochelle wrote:And we know it's not about the smartest, the most caring, or even the most charming. Often it's the most cutthroat, the most ruthless, the best "attack dog."

davida that describes the electoral process to a tee. Thanks for that. The primary reason I don't usually vote is because I don't have the understanding of who is the lesser of the two evils.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Tue 11 Oct 2011, 15:29

Well Alec is actually talking about/contemplating a run for office but not the presidency.

I agree this would be lunacy on any level for both of them but Alec seems to think otherwise. Each would be a polarizing figure in the best of circumstances. The gun nuts would hound George to death, since they still can't get over his snide remark about Heston and I'm sure some enterprising conservative bloggers will dig up plenty of dirt on Baldwin, so I can't imagine this ever getting past this writers' fantasy.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 11 Oct 2011, 15:38

Baldwin wants to be Mayor of NYC. In all honesty, I think he would be a laughing stock. He is not really smart enough, doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut when he should. He is a bombastic buffoon (say that 5 times fast). Razz
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 12 Oct 2011, 00:23

He also had a very nasty divorce and there is a tonne of dirt on him. Not a great idea for him at all. Maybe he believes his own press which really show how dumb he is!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Wed 12 Oct 2011, 00:40

Bombastic buffoon, Bomfasic fuffoon, fombasic suffoon, somfastic busoon, somfast buff. lol!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 12 Oct 2011, 01:52

and add to that Cinderella, all around no good sunovabitch!!!! Baldwin that is!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down