George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star? EmptyYesterday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star? EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star?

2 posters

Go down

Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star? Empty Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star?

Post by Guest Sun 28 Aug 2011, 23:02

Who’s the biggest movie or TV star from Cincinnati?

Oscar-winner George Clooney? Emmy-winner Sarah Jessica Parker?

1960′s movie star Doris Day? Or ’60′s TV comedian Red Skelton?

Maybe singing cowboy Roy Rogers, or “The Twilight Zone” creator Rod Serling?

Or George’s aunt Rosemary Clooney?

And where do you rank Steven Spielberg, born here in 1946? He didn’t do much before leaving town at age 2-1/2, but he’s done OK since he hit Hollywood.

I’ve been working on this project all summer with broadcasting historian Mike Martini, president of the Media Heritage archives which has the Cincinnati TV/Radio display at the old Voice of America building in West Chester Township….. and it’s finally finished. The list includes people who lived here — or worked in Cincinnati TV or radio – who became a movie or TV star, or an influential writer-producer-creator.

Here’s how we ranked the Top 10: Doris Day, Roy Rogers, Steve Spielberg, George Clooney, Rosemary Clooney, Red Skelton, “Fredrick ZivCisco Kid”/”Highway Patrol” Rod Serling, Ted Turner and Cris Collinsworth (12 national Emmys and part of NBC’s #1 prime-time program, “Sunday Night Football.)”

The next five (#11-#15) were Sara Jessica Parker, Woody Harrelson, Douglas Cramer (“Dynasty,” “Hotel,” “Love Boat” producer), Rocky Carroll and silent film vamp Teda Bara.

Doris Day was the #1 female box office star for years after she stopped making movies. Roy Rogers was the top movie star for 9 years, and #2 in merchandising deals (to Disney) at his peak.

Some have questioned Spielberg being on this list, since didn’t do much here before his family moved when he was only 2-1/2 in 1949, but he was born here, so he qualifies. Many on the list who did perform here weren’t born here (George Clooney from Lexington KY; Sarah Jessica Parker from Nelsonville, OH; Rod Serling from Syracuse, NY).

Here’s a link to our Top 50 list, with a few sentences about each person and a photo. You might not agree with the rankings. That’s OK. The list of Cincinnati’s Top 50 Movie and TV Stars Stars isn’t meant to be the end, but just the start of the conversation.

I invite you to post your own Top 10 List of Cincinnati Stars (just 10, you don’t have to rank all 50!) here on my blog, and to add names of people you think should be on our Top 50 list. Our ”honor roll” of those who didn’t make our cut includes sportscaster Dan Patrick; Kenny Price (“Hee Haw Honeys,” “Midwestern Hayride”), news reporter/anchor Edie Magnus; “NewsRadio” actress Vicki Lewis; “Miami Vice” actor John Diehl, “Family Feud” host Ray Combs, HBO concert director Marty Callner, “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” creator David Collins; Bob Trumpy, Joe Morgan and Boomer Esiason.

I hope you enjoy! Let the debate begin!

Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star? Empty Re: Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star?

Post by it's me Sun 28 Aug 2011, 23:09

G and Rosemary are on the top!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star? Empty Re: Who Is Cincy’s Top Movie or TV Star?

Post by Atalante Sun 28 Aug 2011, 23:16

If you glance through the comments, the list doesn't seem to be that correct nor complete ! Very Happy
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Aug 2011, 02:21

Did you notice Nick was on the list, too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Aug 2011, 22:38

The polls are in and... George has moved up to the #2 spot and Rosemary up to # 3. Yay! cheers

I’ve heard a lot of great suggestions from readers for additions to our Cincinnati’s Top 50 Movie and TV stars list — but not manycomplaints about putting Doris Day #1. So talk to me at noon about it.

We put Doris Day #1, followed by Roy Rogers, Steven Spielberg, George Clooney and Rosemary Clooney.

You who voted in our online poll put Doris Day #1 (358), followed by George Clooney (308), Rosemary Clooney (302), Steven Spielberg (148) and Roy Rogwers (100). Then there was a big drop-off for the next five: Red Skelton (79), Rod Serling (26), Ted Turner (19), Cris Collinsworth (18) and syndication pioneer/”Cisco Kid” producer Fred Ziv (10).

Read more:http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2011/08/30/did-we-get-the-top-50-stars-wrong-lets-chat/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down