George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Biden at George fundraiser instead of Zelensky
Amal and George's parents as marriage role models EmptyTue 18 Jun 2024, 11:05 by annemariew

» George in Tuscany
Amal and George's parents as marriage role models EmptyMon 27 May 2024, 16:06 by benex

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Amal and George's parents as marriage role models EmptyFri 24 May 2024, 20:07 by benex

» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
Amal and George's parents as marriage role models EmptyThu 23 May 2024, 13:48 by Missa

» The Good News
Amal and George's parents as marriage role models EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Amal and George's parents as marriage role models EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Amal and George's parents as marriage role models EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal and George's parents as marriage role models EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal and George's parents as marriage role models EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal and George's parents as marriage role models

+3
party animal - not!
Silje
LizzyNY
7 posters

Go down

Amal and George's parents as marriage role models Empty Re: Amal and George's parents as marriage role models

Post by LizzyNY Sun 01 Jun 2014, 22:01

Sorry, this probably doesn't belong here, but the "will they, won't they, are they, aren't they" talk brought this to mind: Does anyone know if her parents are still married? They haven't lived together for years, so I wondered.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal and George's parents as marriage role models Empty Re: Amal and George's parents as marriage role models

Post by Silje Sun 01 Jun 2014, 22:11

I have been wondering the same thing Lizzy. The mother lives in England and the father in Lebanon (?) Sometimes the press mentioned that Amal have a sister and two half brothers. Sometimes they say younger half brothers which would suggest that her parents are divorced?
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 01 Jun 2014, 22:39

Amal and her sister and Mother and Father lived in the UK, having fled Lebanon thirty+ years ago. Not sure about her step-brothers from her father's (previous or new?)) marriage. Then her father returned to Beirut about eleven years ago, I believe. He was Vice Chancellor at the American University in Beirut I think. His wife's career was here in London, but I think they come and go. Amal's sister lives in Singapore

Maybe it's a civilised sort of separation..........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 02 Jun 2014, 14:37

I wonder if her parents' marriage is the model Amal sees for herself and George - basically separate lives with occasional time together.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Amal and George's parents as marriage role models Empty Amal and George's parents as marriage role models

Post by PigPen Mon 02 Jun 2014, 15:37

That type of marriage( for lack of a better term. ) would probably be quite agreeable to him as well. Sort of a legal version of Friends With Benefits.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 02 Jun 2014, 20:12

Yeah, but if that's the case, why bother? Just go along the usual way without the legal complications. These two have me SO confused!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Mon 02 Jun 2014, 20:19

Conservative family, conservative image, conservative profession.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 02 Jun 2014, 20:35

Lizzy...look at all the PR this is getting him. If , BIG if, he is planning a run for office, sometime/eventually, he needs the license. Besides, I don't think Amal would go along with that type of arrangement. A license gives her some rights. A live-in can be shown the curb at his whim. We've seen it all before.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 02 Jun 2014, 20:49

Pigpen - just replying to your "friends with benefits" idea. If that's what they are,or if that's what he wants, then why bother getting married? The legal and financial complications would be a mess if they split up and the publicity would be murder.

IF he wants to run for office in this country he probably does need a wife, but IMO Amal isn't the one. As much as this country claims to welcome everyone, unless the political climate changes radically someone of her background would be a liability rather than an asset - no matter how accomplished she is. The vast majority of the US is much less liberal thinking than George.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 02 Jun 2014, 20:59

I don't think she'd go along with it.  A license gives her some rights. A live-in can be shown the curb at his whim. We've seen it all before.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 02 Jun 2014, 21:32

Agreed, but if it boils down to FWB with a license, what's the incentive for him to marry her? I can see the benefits for her (status, money) but what does that kind of relationship give him? If he really loves her why would he want that kind of marriage? If she wants that kind of marriage, what does that mean for them?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 02 Jun 2014, 21:38

Love that phrase if he really loves her.  Who knows what's going on in that  mind of his.   Everything he's done in the past several months goes against everything he's ever said.  Why couldn't he  change his definition of marriage.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Mon 02 Jun 2014, 21:38

LizzyNY wrote:I wonder if her parents' marriage is the model Amal sees for herself and George - basically separate lives with occasional time together.

We don't actually know what her parents marriage was like, they might fight like cat and dog, but scrub up well together, to impress a very desirable, socially well connected, multi-millionaire new son-in-law. With that as the prize they may be smart enough to positively ooze lovey dovey noises at each other, in private as well as in public. George may not be the only one to give Oscar winning performances.
Nothing like marrying in to a happy family eh?  Suspect 

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 02 Jun 2014, 22:20

Whatever their relationship is/was like, her parents don't live together and apparently haven't for some time. That's why I initially asked if they are still married. If they are, but don't spend much time together, I don't understand the point of staying married. (And, yes, I know there are many "reasons", but to me that's not a marriage - it's an arrangement, and I questioned whether that's the kind of marriage Amal sees for herself and George.

As far as them playing lovey-dovey for George's benefit, if WE know they don't live together, I'm sure he does, too - he probably even knows why.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 02 Jun 2014, 22:28

LizzyNY wrote:Whatever their relationship is/was like, her parents don't live together and apparently haven't for some time. That's why I initially asked if they are still married. If they are, but don't spend much time together, I don't understand the point of staying married. (And, yes, I know there are many "reasons", but to me that's not a marriage - it's an arrangement, and I questioned whether that's the kind of marriage Amal sees for herself and George.

As far as them playing lovey-dovey for George's benefit, if WE know they don't live together, I'm sure he does, too - he probably even knows why.

If this is the case they are still married but don't live together maybe it has something to do with the generation. I remember reading in the newspapers long time ago that the parents from Michael Jackson were still married but lived separately. He in Vegas and she in LA. When you are married for so many years and it was real for many years but at the end it didn't work out anymore some people don't feel the need to put the end on paper.

I think it depends on the generation and how your brought up and some people don't see the reason to go through all the paperwork to get divorced when you are old and maybe know you never marry anyway again. .....

Just a thought....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 03 Jun 2014, 00:49

Nicky - I understand what you're saying, but I don't think her parents are that old. If they've been living apart for @11 years, as PAN said, then they weren't that old when they separated and there was the possibility one or both of them would want to remarry. Then again, they may actually be divorced - who knows?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down