George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Let's Convince George to run for President!
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 10 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 23:34 by CharlesMichaelFulton

» An open letter to George Clooney
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 10 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 22:48 by LizzyNY

» Chit Chat 2022
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 10 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 12:45 by Ida

» joe-biden-drops-out-2024-election-presidential-race-7555388
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 10 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 01:00 by annemariew

» Topical piece about George and his politics
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Jul 2024, 19:42 by annemariew

» George calls for Joe Biden to drop out
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 10 EmptyFri 12 Jul 2024, 20:44 by LizzyNY

» Lifetime Achievements
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 10 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2024, 13:23 by Odysseus

» Biden at George fundraiser instead of Zelensky
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 10 EmptySun 07 Jul 2024, 13:28 by LizzyNY

» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 10 EmptyThu 04 Jul 2024, 20:43 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

+39
Vi
cooksie
lovelylois
Astras
EEOsandy
party animal - not!
adgran
janieb
silly girl
Aly
Atalante
theminis
Lakin460
sisieq
blubelle
pattygirl
barla
cindigirl
carpediem
Merlin
watching
Joanna
annemarie
bellybaby
doris day
melbert
Cinderella
it's me
Dexterdidit
lucy
MM
Pari
lelacorb
madsky
Katiedot
socimar
The next mrs clooney
George Fan
fava
43 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by George Fan Thu 05 Apr 2012, 22:42

Diva and Donna magazine is delusional with their future return romance with Christian Vieri. They just want to sell copies.

The Steve-Eli breakup is actually OLD news now in Italy. Yet to show the irrelevance in the British and U.S. Entertainment press of Elisabetta and Steve, not a peep. Quite obvious even if the principal love birds do not admit to anything, Elisabetta has her sad songs, Steve says he doesn't want to talk about her. PLUS, never together anymore. DUH. It's over.

I agree earlier with the commenter, girlfriend of... is getting to be a worn out occupation.

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by socimar Fri 06 Apr 2012, 00:05

Ok, so she is going back to Italy and she is reminding her makeup artist and hairstylist not to forget the dates of May 12 and 16. We still don't know if she is going to shoot an ad or participating in a TV program.

ElisabettaCanalis ‏ @JustElisabetta Close
@infopatty. @MauraCamiCocco il 12 ed il 16 Maggio siete mie ricordatevelo !
6:17 PM - 5 Apr 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® · Details
May 12 and 16, you are mine, don't forget it!
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 06 Apr 2012, 07:53

socimar wrote:
annemarie wrote:To me at this point Stacy and Eli are at the same point not very interesting. I don't find guessing what she was so happy about interesting. I come to see if she's done anything of interest or lets be real dating anyone of interest.

Ok, who is talking about Eli (good or bad) and who is reporting about the split with Steve-O and her sobbing listening to sad songs? Only Italians. Who is talking about Stacey (good or bad), who is reporting about a possible split with George and criticize her about everthing? Only Americans.

There hasn't been one single word in any US magazine/blogs/website/TV/Chat rooms, etc... about Elisabetta Canalis since she was in Rome with Steve-O after Sanremo (and believe me I am looking!!). Not even a small line reporting the split from Steve-o although we all know that they split. Eli and Stacey are equal, one is popular in Italy and the other in the US. The only blog where they are equally talked about is here, the clooneysopenhouse.com. I think Eli is definitely over in the US but she is not in Italy especially now with the Bobo Vieri story that Diva & Donna magazine reported and all the Italian blogs are following. Stacey is in the media because everybody wants to know if/when and how she is splitting from George.

Eli is returning to Italy soon and if she is smart enough she would stay there for a while and milk the Bobo Vieri story for all that is worth if she wants to stay on the cover of magazines, but naturally they will be Italian magazines.

I did not speak Italian or American magazines I was talking to us (and especially you!), Here in this forum Ely makes the headlines that Stacy!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Fri 06 Apr 2012, 13:08

lelacorb wrote:

I did not speak Italian or American magazines I was talking to us (and especially you!), Here in this forum Ely makes the headlines that Stacy!

You are absolutely right, Stacey is boring because she has not done anything as stupid (yet!) as dating someone like Steve (and Mehcad before him) like Eli did...but talking about her in this forum will not bring Eli any work in this country. Also, I post comments on the Stacey's and GC's threads but you seem to read only the ones I post in the EC thread.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Fri 06 Apr 2012, 14:12

socimar wrote:
lelacorb wrote:

You are absolutely right, Stacey is boring because she has not done anything as stupid (yet!) as dating someone like Steve (and Mehcad before him) like Eli did...but talking about her in this forum will not bring Eli any work in this country. Also, I post comments on the Stacey's and GC's threads but you seem to read only the ones I post in the EC thread.

SK has done..http://t.co/83vaGrDh...how you define her? Boring or ....
Socimar we read a lot of your posts also in the others threads because they are very interesting, you're well informed, and your thoughts, in general, relevant ... it is right that there are different opinions ... but there is no doubt that your strong dislike for EC , sometimes, makes you look probably not very objective .... as some of us against SK ... then if EC has a job or not in US ... well ... we'll see ... Happy Easter Socimar and to all my friends...
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Fri 06 Apr 2012, 15:01

barla wrote:

SK has done..http://t.co/83vaGrDh...how you define her? Boring or ....
Socimar we read a lot of your posts also in the others threads because they are very interesting, you're well informed, and your thoughts, in general, relevant ... it is right that there are different opinions ... but there is no doubt that your strong dislike for EC , sometimes, makes you look probably not very objective .... as some of us against SK ... then if EC has a job or not in US ... well ... we'll see ... Happy Easter Socimar and to all my friends...

First of all Happy Easter to you too!!
By the way I just checked the link you sent me, never seen it before and yes it is a bit racy but compared some photos/calendars that Eli has done in the past (some completely naked), the one of Stacey is comparable to a Victoria's Secret magazine spread or a lingerie ad.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Fri 06 Apr 2012, 15:41

socimar wrote:

First of all Happy Easter to you too!!
By the way I just checked the link you sent me, never seen it before and yes it is a bit racy but compared some photos/calendars that Eli has done in the past (some completely naked), the one of Stacey is comparable to a Victoria's Secret magazine spread or a lingerie ad.

right , and EC ones passed the Playboy mags limits ,she show complete scene with naked breasts" nipples "and transparent panties showing her V ! and interviews full of BS this is not interesting nothing knew .

another notice how EC makes headlines in this forum more than SK and SK just had her 7th thread in 6 months with G ,EC had only 6 in whole 2 yrs thing .?and i am sure SK will have "what SK done next" after the break up if they break up, even LS , SL ,KA,SB and TB still make headlines here !
Aly
Aly
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 08 Apr 2012, 00:45

Betty leaving the gym with friends. The paps based in LA that work for the Italian paps must love that she is there as when there is new gossip about her love life, they get work. Source
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sun 08 Apr 2012, 01:53

She generally goes to Krav Maga early in the morning at 7:00 am and she is not even carrying a gym bag. Her blond friend looks like Lacey Schwimmer from DWTS. Do you think she really went to the gym or just bumped into Lacey? The dark haired lady, never seen her before, I don't think she is a friend of hers.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Sun 08 Apr 2012, 02:08

Socimar you make me smile with your speculation of the blonde in the exiting gym picture with Elisabetta as Lacey Schwimmer. I don't think it is her cause her blonde hair is not long enough.

The reason I smile is WHO was the dance partner with Lacey on Dancing With The Stars season 8 (2009)??? Steve. Lacey had black hair then. Oh if Eli and Lacey could compare notes at the gym on the guy ha ha. Now THERE is a story.

These reporters/paps have to do a better job if there is a real story and quit relying on us LOL.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 08 Apr 2012, 02:43

It's def not Lacey.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 08 Apr 2012, 03:12

If you look closely she does have a messenger bag on her right shoulder. Don't think the blond looks like Lacy Schwimmer. The dark haired woman is probably someone who just left at the same time. Good for her getting up at 7am to work out, never been that committed myself.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sun 08 Apr 2012, 14:14

Yes, she does wake up early in the morning like 5:00 am and she is ready to go by 5:30 am. She drives all her friends crazy (including Cavalli when she was staying in his yacht in 2011) but the traffic at that time in the morning is very light in LA and she can get to her classes in no time.

By the way I just saw several tweets to Eli from Italian fans wishing her Happy Easter, among which one from Lucio Presta, her Italian PR, married to actress Paola Perego:

lucio presta ‏ @PrestaLucio · Open
@JustElisabetta ciao Eli buona Pasqua a presto
Ciao Elisabetta, Happy Easter and see you soon

@PrestaLucio anche a te e Paola! Un bacio ci vediamo presto
2:45 AM - 8 Apr 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® · Details
To you too and Paola. A kiss and I'll see you soon.

Lucio Presta was the PR that she hired back in February after she fired the previous one (can't remember his name but wasn't providing her with any work) and in a few days Lucio landed her the Sanremo gig which as it was planned originally she was not supposed to be in (neither was Belen). Lucio is a very powerful PR, he is called the "PR of the Stars" (also married to one which doesn't hurt) and knows everybody. He was with Elisabetta even during late night rehearsals in Sanremo. Well, Eli is going back to Italy early May and she has something booked for May 12 and 16 because she has asked her makeup artist and hair stylist to be ready for her. From Lucio Presta's Easter greetings I can see that this is another of his projects that he was able to get for her in Italy. If she sticks with him, doesn't fight him or fire him she may land several other jobs in Italy in the future.

PS. According to several magazines, Ivanka Mrazova's stiff neck at Sanremo seems to have been an idea of Lucio Presta so he would give more space to Canalis and Belen especially on open night. The news articles said that the ways of "Lucky Lucio" are endless, and to bring a stiff neck the young Ivana was not so difficult. He only had to pick up a neck collar and race her to the emergency room. Trifle. All of this to give the right space to his protege', Belen and Canalis, and replace the top model during the opening night. We say it before he calls the lawyers to delete the post, as he did with many.

Katiedot, what a surprise to see Easter eggs falling from the sky, the chocolate one I received from Italy last week arrived "almost" intact but I finished last Tuesday, what is wrong with women and chocolate?????
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 08 Apr 2012, 16:37

Socimar, nothing wrong with women and chocolate. They go together like bacon and eggs, ham and cheese, pizza and beer. We would like to be strawberries dipped in chocolate, a devine treat.
It soothes us, relaxes us, and when needed, can even replace sex.

I love you cheers
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sun 08 Apr 2012, 16:40

pattygirl wrote:Socimar, nothing wrong with women and chocolate. They go together like bacon and eggs, ham and cheese, pizza and beer. We would like to be strawberries dipped in chocolate, a devine treat.
It soothes us, relaxes us, and when needed, can even replace sex.

I love you cheers

I knew there was a valid answer! Love it!! W Chocolate!
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sun 08 Apr 2012, 22:48

Elisabetta is wishing Happy Easter to her followers. She took a pix of herself with her cell and uploaded it in Twitter with part of a very common Italian saying which is: Natale con i tuoi, Pasqua con chi vuoi (Christmas with your family, Easter with whomever you want).

.....E Pasqua con chi vuoi :-)) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
4:42 PM - 8 Apr 12 via WhoSay · Details
..........and Easter with whomever you want:-)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Sun 08 Apr 2012, 22:55

I see we are back to the bikini for the attention again (with the smokes) ha ha. It seems like we were only in Miami Beach yesterday. I PROMISE you this photo will be in the Italian press in 24 hours. This time it is NOT Steve on the other end of the camera I most positively presume.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sun 08 Apr 2012, 23:29

The pool looks like the familiar Mr.C's restaurant pool where she goes quite often, alone or with Vale and Pietrino.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Mon 09 Apr 2012, 03:09

Well the Mr. C's swimming suit photo only took a few hours to show up in the Italian press. Ha Ha Elisabetta can send the Italy paps in California home. She's taking her own photographs.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 10 Apr 2012, 13:49

Is it me, or is there a sort of look of desperation in all this? Oh dear........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 10 Apr 2012, 16:34

I think she is lonely, with Vale in Milano and Pietrino spending Easter in Miami she had nothing to do except go to the gym, take pixs of herself at Mr.C pool and at a furniture store where the saleslady almost killed her for sitting on a very expensive chair:

ElisabettaCanalis ‏ @JustElisabetta · Open
Vi piace questa poltrona? Cute armchair !! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Do you like this armchair?

Felice Rusconi ‏ @felicerusconi · Open
@JustElisabetta Campana Brother armchair carina ma ne ho viste di piu belle
It's by the Campana brothers, cute but I have seen better

@felicerusconi pare sia di un artista brasiliano. La commessa mi voleva uccidere quando mi ha visto sopra ...
3:09 PM - 9 Apr 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry® · Details
It seems that it is made by a brasilian artist. The saleslady wanted to kill me when she saw me sitting on it...

Federica Fontana ‏ @FontanaFederica · Open
@JustElisabetta @felicerusconi 2 fratelli brasiliani .... Eri seduta su 15000 dollari!!!
Two brazilian brothers....You were sitting on $15,000

ernesto mameli ‏ @erneeesto · Open
@FontanaFederica @JustElisabetta @felicerusconi si sa che fede è donna di gusto, qst è banquete, i campana ne han fatte di molto più belle
Federica has good taste, it is a banquete, but the Campana brothers have made better looking chairs than this one

Anyway, she is returning to Italy in 2 weeks or so for some projects that nobody seems to know yet except Lucio Presta her PR who said is waiting for her, and she is very excited about that.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 10 Apr 2012, 17:09

THAT chair is $15,000????? affraid It must be made with REAL fur. She's in trouble now!!!!!

Last edited by melbert on Tue 10 Apr 2012, 17:56; edited 1 time in total
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Tue 10 Apr 2012, 17:18

socimar wrote:I think she is lonely, with Vale in Milano and Pietrino spending Easter in Miami she had nothing to do except go to the gym, take pixs of herself at Mr.C pool and at a furniture store where the saleslady almost killed her for sitting on a very expensive chair:

ElisabettaCanalis ‏ @JustElisabetta · Open
Vi piace questa poltrona? Cute armchair !! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Do you like this armchair?

Felice Rusconi ‏ @felicerusconi · Open
@JustElisabetta Campana Brother armchair carina ma ne ho viste di piu belle
It's by the Campana brothers, cute but I have seen better

@felicerusconi pare sia di un artista brasiliano. La commessa mi voleva uccidere quando mi ha visto sopra ...
3:09 PM - 9 Apr 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry®️ · Details
It seems that it is made by a brasilian artist. The saleslady wanted to kill me when she saw me sitting on it...

Federica Fontana ‏ @FontanaFederica · Open
@JustElisabetta @felicerusconi 2 fratelli brasiliani .... Eri seduta su 15000 dollari!!!
Two brazilian brothers....You were sitting on $15,000

ernesto mameli ‏ @erneeesto · Open
@FontanaFederica @JustElisabetta @felicerusconi si sa che fede è donna di gusto, qst è banquete, i campana ne han fatte di molto più belle
Federica has good taste, it is a banquete, but the Campana brothers have made better looking chairs than this one

Anyway, she is returning to Italy in 2 weeks or so for some projects that nobody seems to know yet except Lucio Presta her PR who said is waiting for her, and she is very excited about that.

... and hopefully she will be at least improved her English!! ..... anyway I left Milan 2 days ago, and nothing is said, absolutely nothing about her, either professionally or emotionally (except for some little mention of a new liaison with Vieri or V. Rossi) ..... and this is just a good thing, the less said about her the better ... for her, .......after the recent public appearances ... (steve-or ... etc ...) . oopsie
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 10 Apr 2012, 20:08

Sorry but for 15,00 I want to be able to sit on my chair not just look at it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 10 Apr 2012, 20:36

The only thing that makes that chair cute are the stuffed animals. Over the years, I have seen chairs similar to this in "modern" furniture stores and they've never cost more than $200. Not even a "new" style and they are really uncomfortable. Purchaser would be paying for designer name, can't see how that would be worth over $1000. It's really a shame that a "name" can jack up prices so much.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 10 Apr 2012, 21:08

pattygirl wrote: It's really a shame that a "name" can jack up prices so much.

And WHO do you mean by that PattyGirl???? hahahahahaha lol
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 11 Apr 2012, 00:32

Very sad. She is still trying.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 11 Apr 2012, 03:42

Well I give her credit for hanging in there although she is getting no where.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 11 Apr 2012, 12:46

socimar wrote:Elisabetta is wishing Happy Easter to her followers. She took a pix of herself with her cell and uploaded it in Twitter with part of a very common Italian saying which is: Natale con i tuoi, Pasqua con chi vuoi (Christmas with your family, Easter with whomever you want).

.....E Pasqua con chi vuoi :-)) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
4:42 PM - 8 Apr 12 via WhoSay · Details
..........and Easter with whomever you want:-)

Seems her Easter swim/posing in a bikini for twitter followers was a bit lonely. There seems to be no one at the pool. Just her and the friend taking the picture.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 11 Apr 2012, 15:10

watching wrote:
Seems her Easter swim/posing in a bikini for twitter followers was a bit lonely. There seems to be no one at the pool. Just her and the friend taking the picture.

There was no one at the pool, she was alone, she took the picture herself with the self timer, she does it often. Her best friend and sometime roommate, Vale Micchetti flew to Milano to spend Easter with family and Pietrino her other best friend had been invited by some friends to spend the holiday in Miami. Elisabetta was twitting that she had been "abandoned" by her best friends: however, last night she went to Chateau Marmont for dinner with Pietrino (who has returned from Miami yesterday) and an Italian friend, Sara Grotto, who happened to be in town, she took another pix and uploaded it in Twitter but this time I think Pietrino took it with her cell phone:

ElisabettaCanalis ‏ @JustElisabetta
April 11, 2012Chateau Marmont seems like Little Italy tonight with @grottosara @pietrinooo and few pals ! Bello avere gli amici in citta per qualche giorno :-)
12:52 AM - 11 Apr 12 via WhoSay · Details
April 11, 2012Chateau Marmont seems like Little Italy tonight with @grottosara @pietrinooo and few pals ! Nice to have friends in town for a few days :-)
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 11 Apr 2012, 15:15

She needs to get some American friends, did anyone see her on TMZ last night?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 11 Apr 2012, 16:51

I found it interesting too that Eli tweeted her Pasqua greetings at 4:42 p.m. and then Stacy twitted her Pascuas greetings at 6:35 p.m. It just took me a couple days to notice...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Wed 11 Apr 2012, 18:54

I saw the replay of the TMZ show from Tuesday night. It was about a one minute event with Elisabetta. She had a white top on out in public. The TMZ tour bus stopped for a "celebrity sighting." Ethan one of the tourists that got off the bus said to Elisabetta he loved her on Dancing With The Stars. She hugged him and then walked away down the sidewalk. I give the bus people credit for spotting her in public or even remembering who she is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I agree with others, she needs to have more American friends but it is probably also natural she is most comfortable with those who speak fluent Italian and know that culture best.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 11 Apr 2012, 19:26

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 11 Apr 2012, 19:44

George Fan wrote:I give the bus people credit for spotting her in public or even remembering who she is.

George Fan,
TMZ are probably be only ones in Hollywood to remember Elisabetta, aren't they the ones to break the news of Steve-O dating her?? Remember the laughs they had in the studio??
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 11 Apr 2012, 19:53

Tmz has always given a lot of coverage to Eli even before her Steve o days. When she was with George they tracked her a lot. They are very familiar with her and continue to recognize her. I think a lot of other media outlets recognize her also Socimar, your claws are coming out again. She may not be famous for much in regards to her own work in the US but people do actually know who she is.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 11 Apr 2012, 20:09

George Fan,
Micchetti has a video she has posted in Twitter (3 times). It was shot inParis on the occasion of Cesare Paciotti Shoe Presentation for Fall-Winter 2012-2013 and she is also talking about her work at Fever LA (did not mention Elisabetta). If you want to miss all the shoes (some of them are very over the top) just go to 1:45 and also at 3:01 when Valentina herself is talking.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 11 Apr 2012, 20:20

I think it takes courage to fight for the 33 years life and carreer in a foreign country, what will and what will be, and why does this Ely do not know but if a person at 33 years old puts his life at stake for me deserves respect (if he returns to Italy to work the job would be secure as it ever was) and not derision! I wonder how many of us if they had courage ......?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 11 Apr 2012, 20:45

lelacorb wrote:I think it takes courage to fight for the 33 years life and carreer in a foreign country, what will and what will be, and why does this Ely do not know but if a person at 33 years old puts his life at stake for me deserves respect (if he returns to Italy to work the job would be secure as it ever was) and not derision! I wonder how many of us if they had courage ......?

Don't worry Lela, Elisabetta did not land in a foreign country. She had lived in Miami once (trying to learn English...didn't go so well), went to LA when she was 25 and lived with George there for 2 years in 2009-11, so good or bad she had some connections there and a very hefty "farewell check" from George. George himself said that he is a better ex boyfriend than a boyfriend because he always takes care of the women after he or they dump him. On top of that she has a lot of friends, mainly Italians but friends.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 11 Apr 2012, 20:54

socimar wrote:
lelacorb wrote:I think it takes courage to fight for the 33 years life and carreer in a foreign country, what will and what will be, and why does this Ely do not know but if a person at 33 years old puts his life at stake for me deserves respect (if he returns to Italy to work the job would be secure as it ever was) and not derision! I wonder how many of us if they had courage ......?

Don't worry Lela, Elisabetta did not land in a foreign country. She had lived in Miami once (trying to learn English...didn't go so well), went to LA when she was 25 and lived with George there for 2 years in 2009-11, so good or bad she had some connections there and a very hefty "farewell check" from George. George himself said that he is a better ex boyfriend than a boyfriend because he always takes care of the women after he or they dump him. On top of that she has a lot of friends, mainly Italians but friends.
Dear the country remains a stranger and she decided to stake his life and is gone by? Italy for lack of work but maybe just to get in the game! We're not talking about a person who was a factory worker in Italy but of someone who has had 20 qando worked for television and earned a lot of money!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 11 Apr 2012, 21:16

Lela, it is her choice. She does not want to go back to Italy, she said it many times herself, especially after she was criticized for Sanremo 2010 "I will never work in Italy especially in Italian TV" but then she did it 2-3 times after that. She even said that she was leaving the entertainment industry and open a shop to promote unknown Italian designers. Well, Vale did it without the help of Elisabetta. The fact is that what she really really wants is to make it in Hollywood at all costs. Unfortunately Hollywood is full of people, younger and more prepared who want to do the same thing. An Italian actress, like Elisabetta, who will be 34 soon, speaks English rather well now (finalmente!!) but with a very heavy accent, has few chances to break in the entertainment world. There are so many examples of people who tried but failed. As Catherine Deneuve said in an interview with OGGI magazine a couple of years ago " It is easier for an actress to age in Europe" meaning that even at a certain age you can find parts for you but Hollywood is made only for the very young. It is sad but it is the truth.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 11 Apr 2012, 21:43

socimar wrote:Lela, it is her choice. She does not want to go back to Italy, she said it many times herself, especially after she was criticized for Sanremo 2010 "I will never work in Italy especially in Italian TV" but then she did it 2-3 times after that. She even said that she was leaving the entertainment industry and open a shop to promote unknown Italian designers. Well, Vale did it without the help of Elisabetta. The fact is that what she really really wants is to make it in Hollywood at all costs. Unfortunately Hollywood is full of people, younger and more prepared who want to do the same thing. An Italian actress, like Elisabetta, who will be 34 soon, speaks English rather well now (finalmente!!) but with a very heavy accent, has few chances to break in the entertainment world. There are so many examples of people who tried but failed. As Catherine Deneuve said in an interview with OGGI magazine a couple of years ago " It is easier for an actress to age in Europe" meaning that even at a certain age you can find parts for you but Hollywood is made only for the very young. It is sad but it is the truth.
When he was with George says: I can also make the employee, because his priority was love, when she realized that for him, she was not a priority has turned its back (I believe in great pain!). I do not know what to look for in Los Angeles, I think she wants to challenge herself, but you do not believe what I see in American shows (I speak above all of TV) is nothing exceptional, the popular shows are always the same for years (without any news and new ones are crying!

lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 11 Apr 2012, 23:11

Just like with George, we don't know Eli's daily comings and goings. We do "catch" her sometimes, but where is she the rest of the time? Is she going to acting class (she needs it); is she going to English class (she needs it); is she going on casting calls or auditions? We don't know. Or is she sitting at home or going out with friends waiting for her phone to ring - "we want you Elisabetta to star in our new ..."

Whatever the REAL reason that George & Eli broke up, again we'll never know. They both are known for not telling the absolute truth, so we'll never know who is telling the truth if they ever speak. They broke up - George may or may not have paid her generously, may or may not have promised any future work, etc. I don't believe they are still friends, as I don't believe that he's still friends with some of the other exs. He ends one and moves on to the next.

I don't feel sorry for her. She's a grown woman who has been on her own (with the help of several men) and seems to be able to fend for herself. If she has denounced Italy, they'll be apprehensive about welcoming her back with open arms, and she really isn't that well known here. I don't see anybody beating down her door to hire her for anything here in the States. I do, however, wish her well.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:17

Speaking as someone who has lived in foreign countries for most of my adult life, it does take courage to move to somewhere else, and no matter how many times you've done it before, it's always a scary thing to move again.

Quite why she made the move to LA now is something I can't figure out. I think she has next to no hope of getting regular work in the entertainment field.

The only thing I can think is that it gives her an air of glamour and exotism in Italy. I'm thinking of how many British actors and actresses move to LA (slightly easier for us because of the language thing) who never seem to achieve much there but still give breathless interviews in the gossip magazines about their amazing life.

If she can support herself and is having fun in LA then why not? Life is to be lived.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:31

So true Katie, I know someone who didn't want to live an ordinary life here in the US....so she went to Switzerland to be an au pair....met someone, got married and now has two children. She is basically a stay at home mom but all her relatives and friends here thinks she lives this exotic life because of where she lives. She is "special' in their eyes. Some people need that attention.

Oh and I am glad the earthquake didn't affect you....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 12 Apr 2012, 01:02

Mm, still think she thought she could get GTC back, or if not, maybe just make him aware she's still around.

Won't work of course. He's been very protective of her in the texts area, and probably wanted to be as discreet as possible about his next liaison - even staggering eventual joint red carpet appearances near EC's birthday, and DWTS appearances. But he's most definitely moved on................

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 12 Apr 2012, 10:39

Being overseas is a good excuse as to why she is not working in Italy as an actor or the host of anything. It is a smart move on her behalf as it has been reported (how much credibility you give the press is up to you) that she is not being offered tv or film work, she has burnt her bridges in TV world and after San Remo even Mediaset, who have been a huge supporter of her since they first "found" her, don't want anything to do with her. She was on the way out as a professional celebrity pre George and the relationship is the only thing that saved her career from sliding into the D list in Italy. But the work she getting now is more about her as a celebrity / personality rather than having talent as an actor / host (which she claims is what she wants to do professionally). Look at the level of coverage of her twitter account in the Italian press/tabloids. Her career is now self posed bikini shots, rumoured romances and the odd modelling job.

In one of her many George interviews whilst they were dating, she stated that she turned down 60% of the work offers she got because she didn't want to conflict with his work and wanted to be with him as her priority. If that was the case, where are those offers now? Should she not be in demand - at least in Italy? Post George, the work has not been rolling in. DWTS was work obtained based on the George connection. In Italy it has been the Pantene contract and reappearance at San Remo (which was panned) - that's all I can remember. There has been nothing other than opening a restaurant in Miami workwise for her in the States based on her in her own right as a celebrity/talent. She hasn't developed a working career in the States 9 months after the split which you would think would be the time to capitalise on the attention. Hell, she barely gets in the US blogs now when she is papped as oppsoed to 6 months ago where there was something at least every week. The Italians cover it but not too many of the US outlets are covering her regularly. She has "worked" in the States - doing interviews, photo shoots and the filming of commercials have occurred in the States but not really working in the States - in an American production to air in the States.

Living outside the country gives her a buffer when Italy asks why she is not hosting or acting there and why the younger version of her (nude calendars, dating footballers, papped in clubs partying all the time) are getting all the attention and jobs. None of the contracts obtained during the George years were extended or renewed. She goes back to Italy every now and then and she gets fantastic response from the press. If she was living there, probably not so much as the work is sporadic and she is there all the time so there is limited cache in photos of her yet again going shopping when it is the same picture in the magazines every week.

As she can afford to live in the States and maintain her apartment in Milan, why not? Why choose to stay in a country that uses you as the punch line to a joke? Why stay in a country that prefers your ex boyfriend to yourself as a local? Why stay in a country where a portion of the population think you are a waste of space and an embarrassment to Italy in the eyes of the world? Why stay in a country that publicises you are tied to a cocaine/hooker scandal? To bunga bunga parties? And why stay in the country that is now going to tax you to the eyeballs due to austerity measures?

Right now I think she is having a great time. In two years if no US work happens, then it may be a different story. Shame that when she was afforded opportunities that others would have loved, she didn't make the most of them and showed limited work ethic and professionalism. Now when there seems to be no work, she is dedicated to going to gym and attending her English and acting classses. Maybe if she showed a bit of that professionalism to developing actual skills when presented with an opportunity to work and learn from an established cast rather than just be arrm candy, she might have made some inroads into a career. Not leads or anything but getting occasional work to improve her profile and to actually be a working actress. She got a chance on a silver platter presented to her and she threw it away. How many productions would take the punt on her - even after all her acting and English classes - when the extent of her acting skills was panned by critics and fans alike - especially without the Clooney attention and PR machine? And not helping the situation was when on DWTS she came across as high maintenance and difficult to deal with.

Like it has been said before, I don't really see her working professionally in the States in the near future. And she doesn't have the connections there to get work through friends in the States as she did in Italy. Oh well, time for another pool bikini shot and a shopping trip to Fred Segal.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 12 Apr 2012, 11:50

Excellent analysis, Watching. Says it all. It would almost be llike losing face to return to Italy for all the reasons you state, but pride must come into it too.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Thu 12 Apr 2012, 13:51

watching great views! But I think EC has made a wise choice even if uncomfortable, staying in the U.S.. And a certain amount of courage it has to be recognized ....
EC has never been nor will ever be an actress (she doesn't have the capacity), but TV personalities, presenters in Italy there are many like her ... I think this will get in hers future productions .... making television as it was for leverage, does not make sense, while remaining in an environment where there are schools to impare TV (on high levels and improve her English in order to avoid ridiculous figures) and to spend some time "off the stage" after the separation with GC it wasn't a bad idea ....
The Italians have an ambivalent opinion about her : one who loves and who hates her, but eventually almost everyone is to say how stupid GC was to have given up Ec to get together with a wrestler troll that looks like his bodyguard .....
if she stayed in Italy was in danger of having to spend a year in interviews which tell what life was like with GC etc etc ... better to disappear for a while.....
Have you noticed watching, that her friend valemichetti has been fairly successful in LA; thanks to his friendship I think EC will still have significant opportunities to work in TV, if you want .... even if in Milan say they're still doing a dual task, the media and in the field of fashion .....
I do not think that her professional life will take place in the U.S. in the future, but continue to have good contacts (not necessarily high-level as GC and company) with the American environment, it might be good for her .....

And thankfully she never thought of competing or remaining in contact with GC after the break, limited to a maximum of bitter reflections on his twitter .... I assure you that even in Italy gossip is capable of being morbid and cruel, and better to risk making fools of herselves, but trying to do something, also incredible wrong, than stay and cry upon herselves.
Or make a plaster statue on the red carpet, laughing at the usual line of your head (even when he says that you look like a blimp) or twitting "wow ... that's beautiful people here tonight ... they're all beautiful....say hi hi... "........
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 12 Apr 2012, 14:28

Yes, Watching analysis of the Canalis saga is absolutely to the point. Elisabetta also needs to start making good friends, some who do not have a shady past (maybe is not easy in Hollywood). Vale is a great person, hard working and knows everybody, Pietrino (real name Pietro Tavallini) is her best friend too and the one who has consoled her when she broke up with Steve-O but also known in Italy as “Deep Throat” as he was the main character in the cocaine/prostitution scandal of the three night clubs in Milano (Tavallini was convicted for selling drugs to many of the Italian show starlets like Aida Yespica, Alessia Fabiani, and Belen Rodriguez and others.). Then there is also Victoria Harvey (The British Lady) who was accused of stealing some jewelry from a prominent store in Hollywood and who recently said” I fill my day with meetings, going to the gym, kick-boxing and riding. I have a friend who has lots of horses and I find riding takes my mind away from all the craziness. And I love the beach.
‘Like a lot of girls, I arrived in LA thinking it would be easy,’ she said. ‘But then a lot of Brits get here, it doesn’t work out and they are on the next flight home with their tail between their legs. I feel like I’ve grown up here. I think if you can survive in Hollywood you can survive anywhere.

‘I never went home because I have no home to go to. I like LA because this is a place that embraces lost souls.

Could this be the future of Elisabetta??
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next